Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in UK and I am due to be banded in 28th May i am so excited and scared at the same time x

I was banded Monday 5/6. Everything seems to be heeling pretty well. My incisions (you can see a 48 hour after photo under thread "my incisions 48 hours post-op" thread if you like) seem to be healing fairly well. No drainage today. They are starting to itch so that means they must be starting to heal! I'm happy about that.

I am still very tender/sore in the stomach area. I can put my own socks on starting yesterday though! Lol The pain isn't horrible, just taking tylenol a couple times a day. Unlike some other I have been able to eat/drink within my guidelines without any issue. I have been getting feelings of hunger and thirst. No nausea to speak of at all.

My pain/soreness gets better everyday. My gas pains haven't been horrible. I do get it them and when they do they can be pretty uncomfortable but they haven't lasted long. Usually when I eat/drink I will get them. I have had no back pain to speak of.

I had my first BM today (sorry if its tmi but Constipation can be a problem for people after surgery) and I was happy that that waiting game was over.

I feel that I've been fairly lucky overall in my recovery. My energy is nowhere near 100% but I didn't expect it to be. I am very happy with my progress so far and figured done pre-op people would like to know! Ask ANY questions on here or via message if you would like. I'm an open book.

I am in UK and I am due to be banded in 28th May i am so excited and scared at the same time x

I am set for may 17, and I was excited and nervous, but reading how people are doing before and after on this site has lessened the nervousness.... Now I'm just really excited!!! Keep reading, let us all help each other out!!!!

I was banded Monday 5/6. Everything seems to be heeling pretty well. My incisions (you can see a 48 hour after photo under thread "my incisions 48 hours post-op" thread if you like) seem to be healing fairly well. No drainage today. They are starting to itch so that means they must be starting to heal! I'm happy about that.

I am still very tender/sore in the stomach area. I can put my own socks on starting yesterday though! Lol The pain isn't horrible, just taking tylenol a couple times a day. Unlike some other I have been able to eat/drink within my guidelines without any issue. I have been getting feelings of hunger and thirst. No nausea to speak of at all.

My pain/soreness gets better everyday. My gas pains haven't been horrible. I do get it them and when they do they can be pretty uncomfortable but they haven't lasted long. Usually when I eat/drink I will get them. I have had no back pain to speak of.

I had my first BM today (sorry if its tmi but Constipation can be a problem for people after surgery) and I was happy that that waiting game was over.

I feel that I've been fairly lucky overall in my recovery. My energy is nowhere near 100% but I didn't expect it to be. I am very happy with my progress so far and figured done pre-op people would like to know! Ask ANY questions on here or via message if you would like. I'm an open book.

Thank you, that is EXACTLY the info I was looking for. I truly had been feeling much better today until my shoulder..today. How are you doing? I had a hiatal hernia repaired also, so it still hurts to sneeze, cough, laugh or YELL. (my family is appreciating the quiet :-) )

It's been quiet in my house too! I'm always the one who prepares dinner and/or picks up dinner for the family. I feel bad for my kids because so far my husband hasn't picked up the slack in that department. How do I feel? This gas is really bothering me today. It's hard to swallow...even Water. I wonder if the gas is pushing into my esophagus? Creekwood, I know what you mean about the BM. I was really worried about the first time. I also wondered if my abdominal cramps were from that. Glad to hear you're doing well. Singer, I hope the shoulder pain goes away. It can be intense!

Almost forgot about this, so yesterday when I was trying to get rid of gas I decided if I made myself burp I would maybe start a cycle and get some of the gas out. Wrong! I have my self the hiccups and it hurt like h*ll!!! Lol every hiccup made my stomach move which caused pain in my port incision. Don't try this to get rid of gas, it doesn't work! Lol

Day 2 post op has gone well for me. Only small issue I'm having is my right thigh feels a little numb. I can walk fine just feels odd. Read it can be from the straps on the table. Doctor said to keep an eye on it.

Other than that things are great. Trying to get a couple Protein Shakes down each day. Overall I really am not hungry so I just sip away. Weighed myself and have lost 24lbs since pre op diet started April 23 =D

Day 2 post op has gone well for me. Only small issue I'm having is my right thigh feels a little numb. I can walk fine just feels odd. Read it can be from the straps on the table. Doctor said to keep an eye on it.

Other than that things are great. Trying to get a couple Protein Shakes down each day. Overall I really am not hungry so I just sip away. Weighed myself and have lost 24lbs since pre op diet started April 23 =D

Great job! That's weird about your leg pain, hopefully it goes away. I didn't really feel hunger until day 3. Good luck! Sounds like you're doing great!

Almost forgot about this, so yesterday when I was trying to get rid of gas I decided if I made myself burp I would maybe start a cycle and get some of the gas out. Wrong! I have my self the hiccups and it hurt like h*ll!!! Lol every hiccup made my stomach move which caused pain in my port incision. Don't try this to get rid of gas, it doesn't work! Lol

Thanks for the tip. I don't want that! I googled trapped gas and came up with a lot dealing with gallbladder surgery. A couples things mentioned: lay on the floor and bring each leg up to chest one at a time. I tried that. Not sure if it helped, but it was dang hard to get on the floor and hard to get back up. Probably won't do it again. The other tip was to lay down and sit up over again. What I've noticed is when I'm in a half laying position and then I get up I can feel the gas move up my esophagus. It's a bit painful, but maybe that is what it takes to get out.

Its been exactly 24hrs since my surgery. .I really dont have gas pains..the port site is where im having the most pain..im trying to get enough liquids in but my throat(from the tube) is still hurting...hopefully every one is doing well..

Its been exactly 24hrs since my surgery. .I really dont have gas pains..the port site is where im having the most pain..im trying to get enough liquids in but my throat(from the tube) is still hurting...hopefully every one is doing well..

Glad you are doing well. I read somewhere that 3 to 4 days post op the swelling may be at it's worst. I think that was me yesterday (3 days post op). Today it was early severe nausea. Hopefully you will be able to drink soon and be on your way to a full recovery.

Glad you are doing well. I read somewhere that 3 to 4 days post op the swelling may be at it's worst. I think that was me yesterday (3 days post op). Today it was early severe nausea. Hopefully you will be able to drink soon and be on your way to a full recovery.

I woke up feeling the same way this morning. Just lousy. I was good yesterday except for the gas pain in my shoulder. Today, I took an anti nausea med, and am hanging in there. Not a good day today, I'm not a happy camper. On days like this I get paranoid about quality of life after this whole thing is said and done. That being said, it's time to take my antidepressant ;)

Thanks. .I had severe nausea yesterday. .but none today. .I was able to get broth down with no problem. ..I walked outside to the end of the driveway and back..hopefully soon the port pain ease up soon..im taking it day by day..wish you the best too..

I woke up feeling the same way this morning. Just lousy. I was good yesterday except for the gas pain in my shoulder. Today, I took an anti nausea med, and am hanging in there. Not a good day today, I'm not a happy camper. On days like this I get paranoid about quality of life after this whole thing is said and done. That being said, it's time to take my antidepressant ;)

Don't feel bad for feeling that way! I don't like to admit it, but I've been pretty miserable since surgery. I have moments of good, but then I sit up or move and I'm reminded of my ab and gas pain. I'm really dreading going back to work on Monday. I have zero energy and honestly I'm afraid to eat too much because it still makes me nauseous sometimes. I've read other forums where people had a hard recovery time, but now they are doing great. I'm sure that will be the same for us!

For those not banded yet...I hope I'm not discouraging you. I've never had surgery before so I was oblivious to how I would feel. I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as other WLS. I think there are best case and worst case scenarios. To me, all are better than being fat and unhealthy. :)

I was banded April 2 so I'm alittle ahead if some of you all an I am just say after reading alot of your post everything is very normal the way y'all are feeling. I at day 3 began dry heaving non stop everyone I lifted my head up or moved it was HORRIBLE an I honestly thought I wa dying nothing at all was coming up never have I experienced this. I called the doc an had to go in he had to remove some of the pre Fluid that was in the band I had hernia repair an I guess it was all so swelled inside after this no more issues. I found the chewable gas x was better than the strips (just my opinion ) I am now with my fist fill which was 2cc an so far so good, hang in there things will get better I promise even though rigt now your probly wondering what on earth have I done to myself !!!

I was banded April 2 so I'm alittle ahead if some of you all an I am just say after reading alot of your post everything is very normal the way y'all are feeling. I at day 3 began dry heaving non stop everyone I lifted my head up or moved it was HORRIBLE an I honestly thought I wa dying nothing at all was coming up never have I experienced this. I called the doc an had to go in he had to remove some of the pre Fluid that was in the band I had hernia repair an I guess it was all so swelled inside after this no more issues. I found the chewable gas x was better than the strips (just my opinion ) I am now with my fist fill which was 2cc an so far so good, hang in there things will get better I promise even though rigt now your probly wondering what on earth have I done to myself !!!

Thanks! I needed to hear that!