Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalking the insurance company

Ok so how many times did you guys call to see if you were approved before the final answer. Tomorrow will be a week since my case was opened with the insurance for approval- thinking about calling tomorrow just to check the status.

I didn't call at all I received a letter. The first letter I was turned down. My doctor turned it back in and I was turned down again. By the third letter I was also turned down and finally went to the border of review and had to write a letter and then I was finally approved.

No news for me yet. After my doctor submitted all required documentation- it took an additional week to get assigned to someone at horizon bcbs. Today is day 13 since it was assigned. They have up,to 30. Not gonna lie- I've been calling insurance and checking for an update every day. I have a lot of girls asking off this month and am trying to coordinate. I keep being told its under medical review. My Bmi is 37. According to insurance medical policy with a bmi between 35-40 I must have at least 1 co- morbidity. Out of the list they listed my Pcp included 5 in my letter to them as we'll as the surgeon. Still nervous I will get turned down.

I was denied SIX times. I was banded Monday

Ugh- I sure hope I don't have to go thru that!! If I have done everything an meet guidelines they nee to approve- sad to have to think about gaining weight to get my Bmi to 40- then they would without a doubt

Hang in there and turn out okay.

Hang in there everything will be okay.

Well I talked to my surgeons office today. They called my insurance and spoke with the prior auth department. Still under review- they sent 27 pages of documentation- they were told they have up until the 16th to make a decision:( due to work and family schedules I was hoping to have this done the week if the 20th but will have to do a 2 week preop diet.

Woo-goo I got approved!!! Called insurance this am and it was approved today!!! Surgeons office won't schedule anything until they receive their letter which will hopefully be next week!

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially received my approval letter yesterday. Faxed it to the surgeons office today and was told they should be contacting me in a few days to begin scheduling everything:)

I don't understand these ins company's! We pay them! There suppose to work for us.. Not give us hell about trying to make our lives better!

Woo-goo I got approved!!! Called insurance this am and it was approved today!!! Surgeons office won't schedule anything until they receive their letter which will hopefully be next week!

Did they ever deny due to no coverage? My current plan covers, and I was approved today. The problem is hat I have new I insurance as of July 1. I can't get scheduled until after that date. The new policy does not cover weight loss surgery. My husbands also does not cover it. I am so frustrated after six months of appointments and now I have no options.