Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

home...uuugggghhhhhhh

Hope things are getting better for you - I'm still a little sore (banded on 4/25), but I've been walking 20 minutes everyday and sipping Water like there's no tomorrow. My incisions usually only hurt when I try to get up ooooooh.

It will all be over in a snap. And the pain is so worth it. Yes, it is uncomfy now, but it only lasts a few days. Keep your chin up and keep on walking to get rid of the gasses.

Congratulations Kat. Glad you are home. You'll feel better in no time as it gets better each day. Take care of yourself, rest up, drink lots of Water, walk around, the hardest part is over now:notagree . Keep us up to date on your progress.:clap2:

I am sorry you hurt. Day 2 and day 3 were the worst for me. After that it started getting better. I have handled a lot of pain, and this was no different, it sucked. But two weeks later and I ony have some port pain left and was off pain meds by the end of 1 week. I hope you feel better soon :grouphug: and welcome to bandland :(

Thanks every one! I am feeling a bit better today, I think everyday gets a bit better. My lip still hurts and is swollen, apparently I bit it during surgery. So far I haven't had much of a problem with gas pain. It's more incision pain and port pain. It hurts mostly when I get up now. Speaking of which. I have 5 incisions, and 1 VERY large one which I'm assuming is the port incision, but I thought it would be a bit smaller, they look bigger then most of urs. Any way, my aunt and cousin sent me some beautiful flowers!!

post-206446-13813133426775_thumb.jpg post-205630-13813133426915_thumb.png

post-206234-13813133194133_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133194361_thumb.jpg

I cannot believe the people that are home and fine the same day as surgery! My surgery had no complications but I stayed 2 nights in the hospital ( I barely passed the barium swallow) and still I was home on the couch for days after that! I never considered myself to be a wuss, but I guess we're just all different! Allow yourself the time you need. It's all about the healing right now. Take it easy and welcome to the club!!!!!

Congrats on your band, I hope you are feeling better today. It got a little better each day with me, but I had to sleep in the recliner for a week because the pain after waking up in the morning sucked from getting so stiff over night. The third day was the killer for me when I wondered what the heck had I dont to myself and then day 4 was so much better and the throwing up after surgery probably made your pain so much worse! I hope you get to feeling better and don't worry you will be back to your old self in no time!!

Welcome home and to bandland :brick:

I had a lot of pain too, so your not alone. It will get better, you'll see.

:P

Hey there Ms Kitty! So happy to see you back, safe and settled!

Each day will be better and better. I promise.

I agree with Jenna about the low heat pad for comfort. And when you feel those gas pains rolling around in your shoulder, try to take a walk. This is not the time to be 'lady' like - so IF you feel the need to 'make air' - GIRL, let it rrriiiiiip!

Bet your mouth has never watered for Pop sickles?!?! hehe

((gentle hugs))

WELCOME to Band land!