Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I noticed in searching the boards alot of you were on a Pre-op diet? My doctor never mentioned anything about doing this. Was it a liquid diet? Should I call and question this?? I'm wondering if it helps with Post-op.

Also did anyone find.......We'll all I know is since I got my date, Im stuffing myself like I'm never gonna eat again. Kinda like the binge before the diet starts...I think its the emotional mind games I'm playing with myself and I guess I know there is gonna be alot of I cant's.....I can't have this and I can't have that.......and we all know what happens when someone tells us we CANT have!!! :nervous

I think as you read through the posts you will see that just about every doctor has a different pre-op plan. Mine has had me on a purely liquid diet from Physcian's Weight Loss for almost 3 weeks now. Others allow a small meal for dinner. Others have no pre-op diet. I would suggest checking with your doctor to see if there is anything special you should be doing.

I definitely made sure to get all my favorite foods in before I started my pre-op. Fortunately, I couldn't binge too much because I had my consult with my doctor and had to start the diet 3 days later. But I had pizza, wings, japanese, and a few other things because I am not sure how long it will be until I can have them again. I think that is really just normal for us.

My doc asked me to go on a low carb diet for 2 weeks before surgery. This is to shrink my liver to make it easeir for him to get around in there. Day 9 of the diet and I'm down 11 pounds! I get banded in 5 days!

I had no pre-op diet either. I also questioned my doc about it. He did not require it. So, go pig out with glee!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!