Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really miss diet soda!

does anyone still drink diet soda....I know they say that it can cause bloating...I will gladly put up bloatedness for a diet coke!

I drink a ton of diet soda, but am unable to eat much of anything..... But I do drink soda all day..... Be carefull too late at night, make sure it has all gone down or it comes up when lying down as does Anythig I suppose.

I was addicted to Diet Pepsi, and drank at least six a day before my pre-op diet.. I quit cold turkey on the day I started my pre-op diet.

Every once in a while I will take a small sip of my husband's. It immediately make my chest hurt. It is SO not worth it. I really do love Water now!!!!!

Lots of soda pop can dilate your pouch. Not good for you.

Sometimes I want it but my doctor says no and I have been doing so well since I started following the rule as much as possible. My go to now is low calorie gatorade but only when I have drank all my Water. You might want to ask yourself how bad do you really want that soda?

I just wanted to add that I have looked up weight loss and diet sodas before on google and they are worse for you with your weigh loss then if you drank sugared drinks because of all the chemicals.

I quit diet soda two years ago. It was harder to quit than smoking. If you stay strong, the cravings go away completely. If you can get a year under your belt you will not longer like the taste. Seriously, you can quit. I was 2 liters a day for over 20 years and now I can't stand the stuff.

does anyone still drink diet soda....I know they say that it can cause bloating...I will gladly put up bloatedness for a diet coke!

I still drink it but not nearly as much as I usd to. My doctor knows I drink it and he has not said to stop but I never got bloated from diet soda but I usually let it sit for awhile so it's not as bubbly.

that is the first thing they told me before surgery.. No soda's no carbonated drinks..fortunately I never was a huge soda fan... I am not sure if all Dr.'s agree about the soda thing or not.. seems they are all different.. some say okay on straws and soda and gum some say no... mine says no to all...

Why no gum? I never heard that one.

can can- my surgeon said if you accidentally swallowed your gum, it would require surgery to remove it from your stoma .. I don't know if he had anyone do that but I don't want to take any chances.. many people still chew it and I guess they are okay but I pretty much follow my Dr's rules...I didn't go through all of this to end up having problems over some gum or soda...

Oh boy. I love gum. When my brain is telling me to eat, I chew gum. I've never swallowed gum before. I wonder why my surgeon or nutritionist never said anything. It amazing how so many of us get different information. I'm seeing my doc on Wednesday and I'll ask him about it. thanks for the heads up.

I chew gum almost all the time except when I am at the gym. I do not believe if you swallow your gum you absolutely are going to need surgery. I have chronic dry mouth which is extremely extremely painful. It even affects my glands and throat. The only thing that helps me is gum with xylitol. I chew mentos and it really is not very sticky does not even stick to my teeth. This is per my dentsy and my band nurse knows and has never told me to stop. I wouldn't anyway.