Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up gray gelatin like substance PLZ HELP!

I have had my lap band for 14 months now and I love my band but recently it has felt extremely tight and I wast sure why, I was going to be going in for a reduction in Fluid and then tonight before I could make my appt. I started throwing up this gray Gelatin substance. it feels so awful coming up and then when it put in between my fingers I am able to smash it. I dont know what it is and am worried. If any one has had this please help. I am going to go for an upper GI this weekend if I can get an ER to do it. Since throwing up some of it I have been able to get Water down easier, but I can still feel pieces of it. Its awful, any suggestions on what it could be would help thanks, also I did not eat anything like this substance before this started happening.

post-328823-13813141449394_thumb.jpg

Do you have allergy problems? It really sounds like mucus buildup, commonly associated with allergies.

It's definitely something to call the doctor about.

I have had a lot allergies problems with this weather, but it is not like mucus, it is a semi hard feeling and then i can smash it.

I did call him and he says he is not sure and has never heard of anything like it which is why he wants an upper gi done, but I cant find a er place that will do it... :(

I have had a lot allergies problems with this weather, but it is not like mucus, it is a semi hard feeling and then i can smash it.

I did call him and he says he is not sure and has never heard of anything like it which is why he wants an upper gi done, but I cant find a er place that will do it... :(

If your doctor wants an upper GI done, then why doesn't he just call the order for it into the hospital?

I am going to call him tomorrow and see what else we can do cause the hospitals are saying there is no one on staff to be able to get one done. I am in Barstow and he usually works with the hospitals in the riverside area.

Wow thats strange! Doesn't look like mucus though so it's a good thing you saved some to show docs. they should test it. I hope all goes well and please keep us updated!

Sounds like mucous, probably similar to the thick stuff that comes out of your nose. Sooner you get into see the Dr and get the tests done the better.

Never seen anything like that either. I had a slip, and got brownish/red spit up, but I ad agree, looks like mucus. Best wishes on you search and recovery. Karen

thank you to everyone who responded, I am going to search the gallbladder thought a little more. I am going in to get it adjusted for sure, I hope it hasnt slipped.

I will keep you all posted hopefully know something by tue or wed.

I can say this morning my esophagus sore from from throwing up, but coffee is going down way easier this morning then it has in a long time. so what ever it is must have gotten knocked lose, I just dont want it happening again. plus I am not sure if any of it is still there.

Sophia

Best of luck please keep us updated.

I hope you get better soon Sophie. I'm sorry you are going through this

Thank u everyone for ur amazing post and support!!

Sorry for the delayed reply... I found out shortly after this post that we r pregnant with our first baby and have had a lot of complications... Here is the update. I could not get my band checked due to being pregnant, but everything seems to be working as normal. Because I was pregnant when I went into see my band doc, he took out .25 Fluid so I could eat a bit more. Since this incident things have been smooth sailing.

Thank u again!

Sophia

Congrats on the pregnancy! When are you due?