Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SUCCESS! One Year Anniversary!

Hi Everyone....

I want to share my success! I am celebrating my one year anniversary on the 16th of April. I am posting now because my husband and I are going away on Saturday morning for a week to Punta Cana and will not have internet service. I could not be happier! I have lost 43 pounds and have gone down two sizes. Last year I was wearing a size 20 and now can wear 16's!!! I no longer have to shop at Lane Bryant or the Avenue...I am LOVING being able to shop in normal stores, like New York and Company and the Gap!!!

This past year has been such a learning experience for me and my husband. He is the only family member I told because some of them would not be supportive. A few friends knew but only the ones that are fully supportive. For those people getting ready to have the surgery or at the beginning you need to know a few things....

1. Make sure to drink your Protein Shakes and find ones that you enjoy. Luckily I have been successful with GNC LEAN SHAKES...I still have two a day. One for Breakfast and afternoon snack. They have 25 grams of Protein and keep me full.

2. Always follow the guidelines given by your doctor...don't drink while eating, don't drink soda, don't drink out of a straw, etc. These are very important!!! Most of all, Chew slowly and take your time with certain foods.

3. Make sure you go for your fills and be honest with your Doctor. If you think you need more ask for it.

4. Try and exercise if you can...I have to be honest I was up and down with my exercise. I am a teacher so was great in the summer but then got sick for two months with Epstein Barr Virus so could not do much.

Lastly, the LAP BAND IS A TOOL!!! You must see it as a guide to control your eating. You still need to make the right choices with your eating. I have to honest for those of you that are new to this process...it takes a good six months to a year to adjust to this way of life. Each day is a learning process and you need to make it work on your own. There are many adjustments I made in my life and I could not be happier today. I feel much more energetic and enjoy getting up in the morning and not worried about how I look...WHAT A FEELING!

Thanks for listening!!

Congrats on your success. I appreciate the tips you have provided! Punta Cana is my absolute favourite vacation destination...been 10+ times! Enjoy yourself and your new body!

Thanks- looking at being banded May 7th and grateful for any advise I can get!

I will be banded 1 year on the r26th of this month and I couldnt agree with you more. Congrats on your success.

WTG! You're doing fabulous! Keep it up!

Have fun on ur vacation!

Marci

Congratulations!!

Congrats and thanks for the tips!

I will be banded 1 year on the r26th of this month and I couldnt agree with you more. Congrats on your success.

WOW!! Congrats on your weight loss!!! Amazing and inspirational!

Hi Everyone....

I want to share my success! I am celebrating my one year anniversary on the 16th of April. I am posting now because my husband and I are going away on Saturday morning for a week to Punta Cana and will not have internet service. I could not be happier! I have lost 43 pounds and have gone down two sizes. Last year I was wearing a size 20 and now can wear 16's!!! I no longer have to shop at Lane Bryant or the Avenue...I am LOVING being able to shop in normal stores' date=' like New York and Company and the Gap!!!

This past year has been such a learning experience for me and my husband. He is the only family member I told because some of them would not be supportive. A few friends knew but only the ones that are fully supportive. For those people getting ready to have the surgery or at the beginning you need to know a few things....

1. Make sure to drink your Protein shakes and find ones that you enjoy. Luckily I have been successful with GNC LEAN SHAKES...I still have two a day. One for breakfast and afternoon snack. They have 25 grams of Protein and keep me full.

2. Always follow the guidelines given by your doctor...don't drink while eating, don't drink soda, don't drink out of a straw, etc. These are very important!!! Most of all, Chew slowly and take your time with certain foods.

3. Make sure you go for your fills and be honest with your Doctor. If you think you need more ask for it.

4. Try and exercise if you can...I have to be honest I was up and down with my exercise. I am a teacher so was great in the summer but then got sick for two months with Epstein Barr Virus so could not do much.

Lastly, the LAP BAND IS A TOOL!!! You must see it as a guide to control your eating. You still need to make the right choices with your eating. I have to honest for those of you that are new to this process...it takes a good six months to a year to adjust to this way of life. Each day is a learning process and you need to make it work on your own. There are many adjustments I made in my life and I could not be happier today. I feel much more energetic and enjoy getting up in the morning and not worried about how I look...WHAT A FEELING!

Thanks for listening!![/quote']

Thank you for sharing this! Congrats to you

Yay! Happy Bandaversary! Nice success story and words of wisdom!

Congrats and have a great time on your trip!

Congratulation....

Hi Everyone....

I want to share my success! I am celebrating my one year anniversary on the 16th of April. I am posting now because my husband and I are going away on Saturday morning for a week to Punta Cana and will not have internet service. I could not be happier! I have lost 43 pounds and have gone down two sizes. Last year I was wearing a size 20 and now can wear 16's!!! I no longer have to shop at Lane Bryant or the Avenue...I am LOVING being able to shop in normal stores' date=' like New York and Company and the Gap!!!

1. Make sure to drink your Protein shakes and find ones that you enjoy. Luckily I have been successful with GNC LEAN SHAKES...I still have two a day. One for Breakfast and afternoon snack. They have 25 grams of Protein and keep me full.

Thanks for listening!![/quote']

Congratulations ' ! Thanks so much for the insight ! I know I feel amazing ! Good job ....

Awesome!! Great tips for the newbies. Congratulations!