Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ask irene

Hello,

I do Paleo diet 90% of the time. Before LBS I lost 40 pounds on it and now after surgery another 69 pounds. The 4-6 weeks after surgery I did eat the recommend WLS diet, but now following Paleo. I love it!! This past two months I started back serious again. ;)

If you have any questions or recipes just inbox me!! GOOD LUCK. When was your surgery!

I try to stick to paleo as much as possible. It works fine for me.

Hello

Sorry I couldn't send you a pm because I kept gerting an error

I was just reading your post and I need help lol. So I had the lap band surgery 12/28/12 and I've lost only like 20 pounds at first I was doing everything right but the last few months I've been eating like a fatty lol. I just got my third fill 2 weeks ago I still don't feel any restrictions. I'm going to start the paleo diet tomorrow. What do you mean when you say 90% what do you eat that's not paleontology friendly? I'm sorry this message is so long I'm just new and really want the band to work. I even thought about going ok like a straight liquid diet for a week thought that maybe that would help my stomach shrink and maybe iI will start to feel some restrictions? How much time has it taken you to lose 69 pounds?

No need to go on any diet at this point. It is important to keep your caloric intake as low as you can handle until you're out of bandster hell. But, you may not be eating properly. No offense, but it sounds like you don't understand how this whole thing works? Here is a link to a series of videos that may educate you on how you should be eating to receive the magic the band can offer.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/166857-the-eight-golden-rules-lap-band-videos-by-dr-paul-obrien/page__hl__alex#entry1962873

I had my surgery 2 weeks before you did. 69 lbs since then. I haven't worked out in a month, BUT I was doing crossfit for a bit.

I say 90% because sometimes I have oatmeal or a piece of cheese. Not often but I do. I stay between 700-900 when I don't work out and 1000-1300 when I do work out. I do have a day during the month that i hit 1400 calories but that has been 2x in two months.

I have not had a fill at all and I and changing my dieting lifestyle habits. I don't want to rely on fills. I eat extremely clean. I try to eat one ingredient foods!!

Good Luck!

I think the Paleo is hard to manage on half cup servings but little by little I find myself changing some of the things I prepare and eat by paying attention to what IP does. I am sure you can friend her on My fitness pal to see her meals. She also often posts her meals in our recipe group. If you like to join just friend me at hely lb in face book. I have started a Paleo folder of recipes. It is a work in process.

Tans, here is a good list for Paleo peeps. Good Luck

Paleo food Lists

Foods Allowed on Paleo food Lists:

-Lean meats

-Poultry

-Fish

-Fresh Fruits

-Fresh Vegetables

-Nuts (non-processed)

-Seeds (non-processed)

-Fresh and dried herbs

-Spices and natural enhancers (garlic, onions, peppers, cloves and etc.)

Paleo Diet Foods Not Allowed: Paleo Food Lists

Foods to avoid:

-All processed food

-Dairy products

-Margarine and butter

-Barley

-Wheat

-Corn

-Millet

-Oats

-Rice

-All processed foods made with rice.

-Wild rice

-Rye

-Wheat

-Amaranth

-Buckwheat

-Quinoa

-All Beans

-Peas

-Chickpea

-Lentils

-Miso

-Peanuts

-Soybeans and all soybean products including tofu.

-Sugar

-Potatoes

Has anyone tried the caveman diet with the lap band? Basically straight meat and veggies?

this is basically all i eat, veggies/lean protein/fruit

however i do use dairy so i wont qualify to follow this diet

i also do not eat rice/bread/pasta or processed items

Yeah its hard to go strict Paleo, that's why I am like 90% during a week period. I do enjoy a piece of cheese once in a while. lol.

Yeah its hard to go strict Paleo, that's why I am like 90% during a week period. I do enjoy a piece of cheese once in a while. lol.

one meal a week i eat whatever i want....still my allotted amount......me and hub make a celebration of this meal

silly i know but it works for me :wacko:

Thanks IP for all your helpful ideas! Can you give me an idea of what you eat on a daily basis? Like what you ate today?

If you join our recipe group ip does often post pictures and descriptions of what she eats and we are working on paleo recipes. Friend me at Hely lb in Facebook to join. I am sure she will be replying to this thread herself at a later date.