Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded April 2nd, have nothing in my band right now. Right after surgery they took me down to do a barium swallow and it showed the liquid was just slowly trickling through. Now I'm at home and every tiny sip I take its followed by a gurgling noise and a burp. Has anyone else experienced this? It's almost impossible to get liquids in! And it huuuurts.

hurts most likely and hard to swallow because you are super swollen. continue to sip as much as you can so not to get dehydrated..this is vital... HOWEVER, if you find you cant get much liquid in, let your doctor know so they can advise you..

From what I understand, they don't fill the band, but they do put a small amount of saline in initially. Not really enough for restriction, but they do put some. I agree that you may be very swollen, but your doctor is the best place to go when you're having issues.

I was banded 12 days ago, and though there isn't much pain associated with drinking (unless I take too big a sip or too many sips), I do get the gurgling. I'm wondering if this is going to be the new me; sound effects when I drink :-)

When I haven't eaten for a while and have a very empty stomach, I get gurgling when I drink liquids. It's very strange and it used to annoy me but it doesn't anymore. It actually tells me it has been a little too long since I have had food. That being said, you are very new to the band and on a restricted diet, just follow the rules and think of the gurgling as your body's way of saying, "Hey, you are losing weight as I gurgle!!" Good luck and just take it slow!

I got my band on Feb 19 and it gurgles at me too. If I drink a little too much or to big of a gulp I will get "feedback." It sometimes gurgles to say "FEED ME!" if I have gone more than 3 hours between meals. I giggle to myself when I hear it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches