Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powder

Hi all. Ready to buy another jar of P.P. First one was Wal-Mart wey Protein (chocolate peanut butter). Anyone know if Wal-Mart or Sams carries something in a tasteless flavor? I figure that way I could mix it into more varities of food. Looked at WM, didnt find anything there but flavors. thanks :)

I know you can go to unjury.com and get unflavored Protein there. They also have chicken broth protein, which to me was really good the first couple of times I had it, then the smell turned me off. Has an egg smell..and not a good one. Just my experience though. Hope that helps!!

Have you tried any local fitness stores? Maybe a chain like GNC? Look online too good luck:)

I have recently tried unjury and am a huge fan. I purchased a few of the single serves to try and the unflavored it good as well I really like the strawberry sorbet. I have tried the strawberry with oj and love it, drink it in the morning on the way to work.

Another brand I recently tried was abouttime - website tryabouttime.com and they as well have single servings you can buy and try before buying a jug.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Thanks everyone for replies. I bought vanilla wey Protein at WM. should be more compatible with more mixes than chocolate. variety is the key. I know my local health/nutrition stores are really high priced! :( thanks:)

Ah protein! I bought the bag of Bariatric Advantage in chocolate because the single serves were great. I opened the bag yesterday and oh my goodness! There is a horrible strawberry taste to it. I called the Dr's office and asked them if anyone has called with concerns and I was the first. Now I need to find another kind. I can't take the taste.

Any suggestions?

I use EAS vanilla whey Protein Powder. I haven't tried anything else...Target has the best price for it.

I order Lifetime Life's Basic from Amazon, unsweetened or vanilla and make a fruit smoothie !

I tried the Unjury unflavored - based on recommendations here, thank you - and just love it. I can put the unflavored in just about anything.... except Jello. DON'T put this stuff in jello! LOL I also have the chocolate Splendor shake mix but it's a tad too sweet for me. Still like the chocolate Body Fortress Whey from Walmart best. The chicken Soup from Unjury is very good, too.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will look out for those and see which one I like best.

I've been using Jay Robb, and I really like the taste. It comes in several flavors that I know of for sure, and have tried: chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. I like the vanilla the best. I make my vanilla shake up with 1 1/3 scoop, ice, a cup of milk, and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, then blend well. This is great with a handful of fresh or frozen berries as well (minus the Peanut Butter of course,) It comes in at about 40g of Protein, and tastes great. Spirutein, and Syntrax Necters are pretty good too. I got the Cookies and Cream Syntrax, and it's got a pretty good flavor, especially if you like malts. I've found these at health food stores and Whole Foods. You can also order online from Amazon.< /p>

FWIW, my nutritionist said not to eat more than 40g of Protein per meal, because that's the maximum your body can absorb and process at a time. She also said to get protein in every four hours, or your body begins to go into fasting mode, and will begin to use your lean muscle mass for energy, rather than fat stores.