Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Lap Band member

Hello,

My name is Ashley. I was banded on March 26, 2013. I am 29 years old and have yo-yoed all my life so after alot of research I decided the band was for me. When I first went for consultation I was 311 lbs with a BMI of 56.9. The doctor told me I had to get down to 255 lbs before surgey. I did Optifast for 4 weeks and exercisevery strictly and weighed in at 253 the day of my surgery. As of today I have lost 60 lbs even and Im very proud of myself. Its been hard work but I was expecting that. My surgery went smoothly and the incisions arent too bad at all. The only thing bothering me is the severe chest pressure and what I assume is heart burn. The pressure is starting to subside now so Im happy. I ate my first meal today (other than broth) and that went well. Half a bowl of Soup really fills you up. The other site i signed up for is really quiet so I was happy to find this site so I can learn more valuable information. Anyways happy to be here, hope to learn lots from the lap band veterans.

Ashley

PS: Does this site usually have problems uploading pictures into albums?

post-209185-13813134841884_thumb.jpg before post-209185-13813134842247_thumb.jpg day of surgery

post-209185-13813134843001_thumb.jpg week before surgery (Tim Hortons bowl for Kid's Sake)

post-350374-13813141353575_thumb.png

post-350374-13813141354082_thumb.jpg

post-350374-13813141355352_thumb.jpg

I was also banded on March 26, 2013 and still on liquids also. Congrats thus far on your weight loss. And this is just the beginning! I sometimes have the chest pains but I think it's gas.

Congratulations to the both of you.

Best wishes and Keep the Faith.

Thanks for the support and replies. Can't wait to get back to my exercise program. Hopefully soon :)

Ashley & vroni, congratulations!!!

I weighed 301 at my first weigh in. I was told I had to lose 10 lbs before I could do my surgery. So I had lots of time to do that, When I went in for surgery, I weighed 284

When I went in for my 1st fill, I weighed 278. When I went in for my 2nd fill, I weighed 274. Now I weighed at home, yesterday morning, and I weighed 270. I had only lost 4 lbs during the month of March. I was getting upset about that but then CarolinaGirl asked me how were my clothes fitting and....well,,,,they are alot looser! Actually, that's what all my family members noticed was how much my ass had shrunk! How much my boobs had come down and how my shoulders were wider than my hips now, So, I am now very satisfied with my progress!!!

Kathy -^..^=