Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Nurse Needed Look at Picts

It will feel a lot better when the staples come out!

I had staples in my foot from foot surgery. Those darn staples irriatated me just like yours. I thought it look like Frankenstein, and it would look hideous the rest of my life! My foot surgery was 3 years ago... you can barely see my scar now...Thank God. Used Vitamin E oil like the Doc said to.. had to wait awhile first.

Last year I had abdominal surgery and they used liquid stitches in 3 areas - do they use staples on everyone like yours Sarah?

I had the liquid stiches...like big huge dollops of super glue on all my incisions. I think how the incision is closed depends on the dr. doing the surgery.

Well, I went to the Dr. and got the staples out. They are still red but feel SOOOOOOOO much better.Doc said no serious infection. It was oosing a little, he said to wash good, keep clean and it would be fine. So, I will put more pictures up when it gets better. I will probably put that in a scar thread too.

I am starting another thread with some other problems/questions that I have. Yall might can help me with that too. Thank you!

To: TheWomanWithin

I do no think that every Dr. uses the same. Some use stiches, some use derma bond, some use staples.

Getting those staples out is right next to your first REAL food post surgery. :rockon:

Oh Yeah Baby, What a relief!

I had my surgery on April 20th by Dr. Ortiz. They use no visible stiches or staples, just surgical glue. It's the most amazing stuff! My incisions are very small and healing like nothing I've ever seen before. Now if I can just figure out how to get the glue off the parts of my belly where I don't need it!

Omamoon glad you said that - I am being banded May 26th by him and that was my question - did he use staples or the glue woot! does he do glue for everyone?

Ok, not to be a pain in the arse, but I hate that the doc gave you staples!!!! Damnit, they have skin tape!

I know. I never even thought to ask because I was sure that they would use stitches at least. It never crossed my mind that he might use STAPLES. But whatever, nothing I can do now. I am pretty sure that it will heal with no track marks from the staples.

I'm a RMA and I work for an OB/GYN and remove staples alot. It is quite common for the staples to irritate the skin, the incision looks good but you should contact your Dr. Especially if you start having any drainage or oozing. Just try to make sure you keep them clean and dry. Hope this helps a little!

Good luck

Melinda

Ok, not to be a pain in the arse, but I hate that the doc gave you staples!!!! Damnit, they have skin tape!

I'm with you tellymelly. Is there any benefit to having staples? Or is it just that it takes less time and time is money? Is it all about the almighty dollar?

It never occurred to me to ask about this issue. Never. Thankfully, my doctor used subdermal sutures like a plastic surgeon and glue.

The other thing I never thought to ask about is port location. Does everyone know that you can have your port in one of several locations? Someone who had surgery the same day I did had her port placed near her sternum. I'm not sure what benefit there is to that but I heard (after my surgery of course) that it's less painful - no tugging, muscle pull pain - and that access for fills is easier. I wish I had known to ask about that and the whole staple vs. suture vs. glue vs. tape question. And I DID lots of research beforehand. Jeez. How do you know what to ask unless you already know what to ask?

My Dr. used glue I think and inner stitches... I loved it.

So glad your feelign better!:(

Yeah I had glue and skin tape on me. I didn't know to ask but I'm glad they did it that way. I saw a girl with the "stapled" look in another post and I felt bad for her b/c she healed well but the staple dots were very prevalent.

Just spray windex on it. Lmao! (J/p)

Well mine are already going away. I have only had them out since Monday but you can hardly see them. I believe the scars are worse depending on how long the staples are left in.

I'm an RN and you need to call your surgeon. You are allergic to the metal in the staples and your incisions may open up if you don't get those suckers out of there. Plus you will likely get infected. That is a mess, girl! You must be going crazy.