Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when will it go away

ok I have lost 75lbs and it really sucks when you've lost that much weight and you're still fat. My question is when will my bags on my inner thighs, my spare tire, and my back fat go away?? I am 5'5" and 215, anyone start around the same as me know that answer to this. I know every person is different, but I want them gone!!! I go to curves 3-4 times a week and follow the weight watchers diet.

I don't have any answers for you, only support. I am having the same problem. I've lost 75 lbs, have the majority of my weight off......still have at least 40 or 50 to go. My belly fat, my behind fat, my fat arms and my fat thighs are a constant reminder that I still have a long way to go despite all of my progress. I exercise every day with the exception of maybe Sunday. I've been stuck at the same weight since February although I have lost some inches. It can be frustrating, I know I am sometimes. I just keep reminding myself how far I've come and basically how happy I am to have come this far. Just have to keep pluggin on.

Maybe we have to have the "glass is have full" vs the "glass is half empty" mentality.

I've lost 80+ pounds down to 222 at 5'9 and I still look in the mirror and see those things. Just lets me know I still have a long ways to go!

I have only lost 44 lbs but I know that I will have the the problem you speak of. I have talked with several people who have hit goal and the answer to the question is plasitc surgery. Sometimes, the skin will just not come back and you need some assistance. I'm still going to work out and try to tighten all I can but I know that next summer, I will be getting a Tummy Tuck, boob job, and have my arms and thighs tightened.

A girl I meet has had the band 7 years and and lost 210 lbs. When she was 30 lbs off goal, she got plastic surgery and they took 30lbs off of her in extra skin. It makes my goal look much closer. I can't wait!

ok I have lost 75lbs and it really sucks when you've lost that much weight and you're still fat. My question is when will my bags on my inner thighs, my spare tire, and my back fat go away??

Right about the time you've given up hope and have decided that you're going to be 'fluffy' for the rest of your life. The very next day you'll wake up and those pockets of flab will have melted away!

This may sound very pessimistic but it always seems to work that way to me. Just when you've decided to learn to live with something - or without something - the Universe does a little side-step and it's a whole new ballgame! Keep at it. Wait for that universal shift. It'll happen. I promise.

Sittin right there with ya! I have the fat in all the same places too and feel huger now than I did almost 70 pounds to go. When I realize I have to lose as much as I have already lost all over again it really makes me want to quit. Then I think well, I only have 75 more pounds to lose and that is much easier than the original 150 I started at. We just need to get refocused because the last half is going to be so much harder than the first half!! We are going to have to work more with our band! I need some motivation also!!! Le me know what you get!

Me tooo, me too! I lost 76 pounds and I still have 60 to go. I am at a constant stand still all the time (it seems like). I do the curves 3 times a week for 45 minutes and on the other 3 days walk 3 miles on the treadmill, pushing it every time (I have hit endurance now on the treadmill). I do feel extremely discouraged every now and again but then I see my little ticker and know I am going down the hill now. It just is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I just want that stinking scale to move. I also have the constant thought of how can I get the scale to move. Makes me kinda crazy at times. If you come up with anything.... tell me!

unfortuneately, once you have bcome MO, there is only so much you can do with weight loss alone. even once you hit your goal you may need PS to finish up. i lost a little over 160 lbs and still have a belly and spare tire even though I am at a "normal" weight.