Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill since necessery unfill

Hello,

I am going back to my Dr tomorrow to get a fill. I really feel that I need one. I can eat 2 + cups of food at each meal other than Breakfast. Anyway, that last time I had a fill they gave me 1cc. It was way too much. About a week after the fill, I was throwing up everything. I had to sleep sitting up so that I did not gag. It was the worst experience that I hae ever had with my band. I have to say that I am scared for tomorrow. I dont want to be in the same boat. I know they wont put in as much, but that memory is still in the back of my head. My first dr was awful. I got no guidance at all. This office is better, but I still have never been told how much I have in my band. I am going to find out tomorrow. Anyway, wish me luck.

I had same thing happen. Just went back and got .25 and will see how it goes. they told me if i need another fill or unfill within two weeks no charge. So waiting to see how I feel.

Good luck to you!Getting the right fill is important. take care.Karen

What are you eating that you can eat 2 cups?

I go in tomorrow also how we all do well this time.

So many of us have been in this situation where we were overfilled. Same effect: can't get anything down, you become dehyrated/weak, increased pain & swelling at the stoma site etc.

But don't worry about the next fill. You already know you need small increments and should expect that from here on out. As a patient, you are entitled to know how much is in your band. I was fortunate that my dr. would freely tell me how much he put in/out and I kept record just for my own personal info. But this makes you a more informed and involved patient because if you see your next doc draw up 2cc you know to put a stop to it.

Medical care should always be participatory and your input counts!

So I got a my fill this am and found out how much I have in my band. After my fill, I have 3.75 in a 10 cc band. So far so good. I am enjoying a cup of tomoto Soup for lunch. Looking forward to next week to see how much restriction it added.

i'm so in the same situation as you. i was too tight for a loooong time, got a small unfill (0.3 cc) and it made a huge difference. i almost think it was TOO much of a good difference. i'm not wanting to be too tight again by any means, however i can eat more than i should. and i get hungry - true stomach growling hunger - within 2-3 hours after a meal. i make good choice (90% of the time - occasional bite of cake,etc.) and i am still feeling hungry. i don't remember EVER feeling hungry before my unfill!!!! i am supposed to see my doc April 17th - but will try to see him sooner for a tiny re-adjustment!! i'm going to call his nurse in the morning and get her advice.... i don't want another 3 weeks to go by and take the chance of not loosing or even gaining!! congrats on your progress. hopefull soon we will both be in our 'green zone' best of luck