Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, Its day 4 and I believe most if not all of the gas pain is gone. My incisions are itchy and the largest one is sore, and very swollen. I assume that is where the port is. I have not taken any tylenol today but I think I will take some in a bit. I realized that my calories have dropped again from the 800 calorie liquid diet pre op (5 Optifast shakes) to only 480 calories (3 shakes) as prescribed by the doctor during the first week after surgery. I am finding that I have no emotional reserves. My house is a mess and its freaking me out, I don't have the energy to clean. My kids are going bananas, which is normal, but I have no patience at all. I just started crying in the middle of the kitchen. I am hungry, I haven't had a BM since Wednesday, I'm sore and I'm tired. I know I am whining, I'm super grateful for the whole process and have no regrets. Just having a tough time today.

I shipped the kids off to my moms. I just made myself a cup of chicken broth, I'm going to take some tylenol and go lie down. I don't like not being at 100%. I have stuff to get done. I have to go to work tomorrow and my Mother in law is coming to town Wednesday for spring break. blah blah blah. I realize these are not real problems. I also know that this too shall pass. I just needed to vent so I don't scream at my children or hurt myself by trying to eat or drink something I shouldn't.

Thanks for reading.

This is the place to vent, and what you're feeling is totally normal. Remember that anesthesia messes with our minds as well as our bodies. Short term depression is very common after general anesthesia, so that may be contributing to you feeling down. As you already realize, this too shall pass. You are stronger than you think.

Keep up with the Tylenol. Staying ahead of the discomfort will make the recovery time easier. Also, if you have swelling in your port site, try icing it to help bring that down. Alternate with heat if it is also sore. As you begin to increase your calories, your energy will start to return, and life will return to its new normal -- the normal of a healthier and happier you.

Best of luck, and remember that this is THE place to whine. Not only will we listen, we'll understand exactly what you mean, because we've been there, too.

I hear you. I am postop 5 days and my port is so sore I can not even bend over to pick something up. My little 4 year old is helping momma pick up things. Its kind of funny. Try some milk of magnesia that helped me. I have lost 9.5 pounds which just amazes me. I also think I am not getting enough calories maybe 350. I am only drinking broth and just started cream Soups and only 1 shake a day. Have you been able to drink 64 oz. of Water? I am lucky to be drinking half of that.

One day at a time, you will do just fine. I would suggest getting a stool softener in you as well. My clinic was very concerned about constipation...........so take care of that. :)

Oh my friend don't worry about the house or your mother in law. Or the bowel movement. If u are on Clear liquids only you should be fine. I'm on the third day and I sit on the commode for a long time specially in the middle of the night and that helps pass gas. But whatever you do don't force it. I just bought some sugar free Jello that helps with the hunger pains. Yes it's hard but don't eat anything you shouldn't. It will all be worth it. Remember nothing taste as good as skinny feels. A little crying spell is ok. I had one a couple of days ago. Stop worrying about everybody else. Nothing wrong with letting it all be about you for a minute. Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBand

Try getting some Fiber that you can mix into your Water or juice they are flavour free and mix clear - I also to use some exlax - cannt say I am "regular" yet but only 12 day post op and had problems on the pre op diet as well tho sure time will help

Take care and rest as much as you can - as the days pass your energy will increase - remember you just had a surgery - while it may not be that visiable on the outside was probably fairing tramatic to the inside

at 4 days post op I was sore too, had to stay on my tylenol for a week.. things will improve so much in a few days.. don't try to do too much this is the time to heal... milk of mag made me feel like a new woman... don't let that go too long.

Hun you are not alone, my port is itchy and very sore, bending also hurts, I have Constipation as well...

I was banded 6 days ago, I have no energy what so ever and my scale says I've only lost 1lb (so I threw it in the closet) ...

I think I also have Cabin Fever , I need to get back to work and I want my children to move out,lol ...

I believe it will get better once were back to our solid diets ...

Stay strong ;)

Char doing things on her iPad ✨

I must be a big baby cuz at 4 day, I was still on my liquid Vicodin! Was for an entire week. In fact, I got 1 refill of the stuff!

Rest, rest, rest. And walk, walk, walk. I had a treadmill in front of my tv that I used about 6x a day, for like 5 minutes at a time, very slowly. Helps with the gas. Glad to hear your mother in law is coming soon, she can help with the kiddos.

Good luck!

Marci

First piece of advise sit down with a nice glass of warm tea. Light a candle and breathe.

Every day will be a better day. All of a sudden things will turn around. You are a bit on edge cause you aren't eating. Good idea for sending kids out. Keep following dr's orders and keep drinking and walking.

Good luck

Wendy

You have super mom syndrome! Stop!!! You are allowed a break!! The house, kids and your mother-in-law will all be there when your feeling better! The more you stress about it the worse you will continue to feel! Relax, sometimes life CAN be about you! Feel better!!!

So, Its day 4 and I believe most if not all of the gas pain is gone. My incisions are itchy and the largest one is sore, and very swollen. I assume that is where the port is. I have not taken any tylenol today but I think I will take some in a bit. I realized that my calories have dropped again from the 800 calorie liquid diet pre op (5 Optifast shakes) to only 480 calories (3 shakes) as prescribed by the doctor during the first week after surgery. I am finding that I have no emotional reserves. My house is a mess and its freaking me out, I don't have the energy to clean. My kids are going bananas, which is normal, but I have no patience at all. I just started crying in the middle of the kitchen. I am hungry, I haven't had a BM since Wednesday, I'm sore and I'm tired. I know I am whining, I'm super grateful for the whole process and have no regrets. Just having a tough time today.

I shipped the kids off to my moms. I just made myself a cup of chicken broth, I'm going to take some tylenol and go lie down. I don't like not being at 100%. I have stuff to get done. I have to go to work tomorrow and my Mother in law is coming to town Wednesday for spring break. blah blah blah. I realize these are not real problems. I also know that this too shall pass. I just needed to vent so I don't scream at my children or hurt myself by trying to eat or drink something I shouldn't.

Thanks for reading.

It will get better I don't know how old your children are but I had my surgery the Friday mine went on spring break and then I was off all week with them. That is what we are here for to listen even if it is not about your band. Take a deep breath enjoy your broth and know that at the end of it all you will be happy and content with the way you look and feel because you are doing this for you.

You have super mom syndrome! Stop!!! You are allowed a break!! The house, kids and your mother-in-law will all be there when your feeling better! The more you stress about it the worse you will continue to feel! Relax, sometimes life CAN be about you! Feel better!!!

I agree with this! It's ok to heal and do nothing! Please take this time for yourself to try and not be a superhero. Easier said than done since I suffer from this superhero disorder as well. Take some deep breaths, reserve your energy, cry if you must (its cleansing), and be very, very kind to yourself. I promise...every day from here will get better and easier!

Sending good thoughts your way!

I carried an ice pack to work with me. That was my greatest pain relief. It was at least 2 weeks before I felt comfortable without my ice pack. And even after you think you feel better, be careful because it doesnt take much to make you sore all over again. Just hang in there, every day gets better. Your body has been thrown for loop and it needs time to recover. Just take it easy,and take care of yourself, now is not the time to be super woman. Good luck.

4 day post op for me as well. Like you my home is a mess and my niece whom I'm raising got mad at me because she was kicked off the track team and told me today that she hated me and didn't want to live with me. I started crying. I did the worst thing by contacting her mother. Whom I know is not fit to parent to tell her to come get her. I'm hungry, just now getting over the gas in my stomach, no BM yet. I took a stool softner, but nothing yet. My brother or son, can never go to the store and get what I ask for. They're always coming back with the generic brand. Thank God I decided to take a vacation after my surgery. I'm not sore to the point where I have to take any pain meds. I just want to be able to eat MEAT!