Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Solids Stage Recipes

Stuffed chicken

STP82590.jpg

STP82591.jpg

Ingredients

1 box Stove-Top brand stuffing – chicken or turkey flavor

Milk and butter or margarine as described on box to make stuffing

Salt

Pepper

1 C dried cranberries

½ C pine nuts (optional)

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

4 tsp olive, canola or vegetable oil for cooking

Equipment

Skillet (either non-stick or stainless steel is fine)

Saucepan

Toothpicks

Baking sheet (preferably a metal one like what you would bake Cookies on, instead of a glass baking dish)

Saran or plastic wrap

meat thermometer

meat mallet, rolling pin, or can of Beans to pound chicken flat

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400°F.

2. Take a small handful of toothpicks and set them aside in a small bowl of Water to soak. This way they don’t burn when placed in the oven.

3. In a saucepan, prepare Stove-Top stuffing according to package directions. Once cooked, mix in cranberries. If using pine nuts, toast them in a dry (no oil!) saucepan over medium heat for a couple minutes until they brown a little bit, then mix them into the stuffing also.

4. Check out the bottom side of each piece of chicken - if you have an extra little flap of meat hanging from any of the breasts, remove and save for another use.

5. Place a piece of Saran or plastic wrap on the counter, place breast on top, and cover with another piece of wrap. Use your mallet, rolling pin, can, etc to pound the whole chicken breast to about ¼-inch thick all the way across. It’s easiest to start pounding near the edges and then work your way toward the center as the edges thin out. Set aside and repeat with additional chicken breasts.

6. Lay a single flattened breast out on your work surface. Using a regular Soup spoon, scoop about 2-3 large spoonfuls of your stuffing onto the center of the breast. Roll the chicken up around the stuffing like a tortilla and use toothpicks to hold the edges together. Close the sides of the chicken as well, so there’s no place for the stuffing to fall out from. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the chicken.

7. If you have extra stuffing left over, place in a small oven-safe bowl. This will be cooked in the oven with the chicken so that if any raw chicken juices were transferred via the spoon, they will cook out.

8. Heat up a few tablespoons of oil in your skillet and, when it’s hot, lay your stuffed chickens in the skillet to cook on the bottom side (toothpick side up). Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat. This is so that when you cook the chicken the rest of the way in the oven, the top doesn’t dry out before the bottom cooks completely.

9. Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with a little bit of oil to help browning, and then lightly salt and pepper the top of the chicken to taste.

10. Bake at 400° for about 15-20 minutes. Using a meat thermometer to check temperature, it should register 165-170° in the center of the stuffing. The chicken will be fully cooked without being dry. If you had a bowl of left-over stuffing, cook it at the same time. This should also register 170°.

Once cooked through, remove from the oven, let sit for a few minutes to cool slightly, remove toothpicks and serve. Great served with mashed potatoes, gravy, or steamed broccoli on the side.

Yummy!

Since it is so close to Thanksgiving and Christmas thought everyone might like to try this recipe it is really quite tasty.

LOW CARB pumpkin PIE

1 can pumpkin pie filling

1 cup skim milk or soy milk

1/2 -3/4 cup splenda (to taste & sweetness)

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 groun cloves

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

Blend all ingredients together and pour into a low carb pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.

Garnish pie with Low carb whip cream and cinnamon Serve chilled

Makes 8 servings per pie

Nutritional value per slice:

Carbohydrates 9.3 grams

Protein 3.0 grams

Fat 2.0 grams

Sugar 2.5 grams

Fiber 1.5 grams

HIGH Protein LOW CARB pumpkin PIE shake

1 cup skim or light soy milk (very cold)

1 scoop vanilla Protein powder (20 grams per scoop)

1 packet splenda (to taste)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons pumpkin pie filling (cold)

Blend ingredients until smooth, pour over ice or drink as is ...you may garnish with no carb whip cream

Nutritional facts per smoothie:

Protein 26.0 grams

Carbohydrates 4.3 grams

Fat 2.5 grams

Sugar 1.5 grams

Fiber 1.3 grams

Diet Lemonade Pie

2 small packages of sugar free vanilla pudding

1 tub of lemon crystal light

4 cups skim milk

12 oz light cool whip

9 inch graham low carb pie shell

Mix first three ingredients and 1/2 cool whip and put into graham cracker crust. Put the other half of cool whip on top and refrigerate

Sugar Free Dessert

1 1/2 cup plain flour

1 large package fat free cream cheese

1 stick butter (smart balance)

2 small cool whip fat free

6 packages splenda

1 large package chocolate sugar free pudding

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2 cups skim milk

Preheat oven 350. Mix flour, butter, nuts and 2 packages of sweetener blend and press into bottom of 9X13 pan. Bake 8 minutes, cool. Mix cream cheese, 1 small cool whip and 4 packages of sweetener. Pour over cooled crust. Mix together pudding mix with milk, pour over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until set. Top with cool whip and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Refrigerate.

Overnight chicken Casserole

2 cups dry stuffing mix

1 large can chicken (can use salmon)

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup diced celery

1/3 cup chopped green pepper

1/4 low or fat free mayonnaise

2 eggs slightly beaten

1 cup skim milk

1/2 cup low or fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Spray 2 1/2 quart pan with fat free spray. Put 1 cup stuffing mix in dish. Mix together the next 7 ingredients in dish on top of stuffing. Top with remaining stuffing mix. Refrigerate overnight. Cook@ 350 for 1 hour. Add cheese about half way through cooking time.

Hope y'all enjoy these recipe!!!!!!!! And good luck during the holidays

Hi everyone! I have looked through here a bit & there are some graet recipes. Only thing is,,,,I'm having a hard time w/ meat. Anyone know of any good low fat crock pot recipes??? Thanks!!!

Filet Mignon With Sautéed Onions

2 teaspoons cracked pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 garlic cloves, minced

4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)

Cooking spray

1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings

2/3 cup dry red wine

2 tablespoons steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)

I took this and refined it to another beef cut and my family loved it

Changed tenderloin to tenderized round steak

the dry red wine to beef broth (I had no wine on hand)

and used country bob steak sauce

and then I simmered the cooked steaks in the sauce and onion mix for about an hour on very low heat.:frown:

I love trying new ways to cook the everyday things we eat.

I have a good salad recipe that uses cottage cheese for extra Protein that is great as salad or dessert.

1 carton low fat cottage cheese

1 box sugar free Jello pudding

Mix the dry pudding into the cottage cheese then add:

1 can pineapple (crushed or tidbits) drained

1 can mandarin oranges, drained

1-2 cups mini marshmellows (optional)

Mix the fruits and marshmellows into the pudding/cheese mixture then add:

1 8 oz tub sugar free Cool Whip.

Fold Cool Whip in gently and refrigerate.

This is a very forgiving recipe. You can vary the pudding or fruit Jello flavors for your own delicious favorites. My family loves pistachio pudding but my son's favorite is orange jello & sugar free cheesecake pudding mix. It tastes like an orange cream ice cream. The cottage cheese gives extra Protein and it's lower in sugar and fat.

Thanks to everyone for the great recipes!

Salmon and mango,

This is really easy, put salmon fillet in pan with spray oil and cut up mango, stire mango in pan with black pepper, gives a lovely flavour to both.

I've started a little blog of a number of recipes I've come up with and others that I've just adjusted to be lapband-friendly. It's got pictures and everything!

Hopefully maybe this will help also?

Lapband Eating 4 Life

Hope you enjoy. :lol:

thanks, so much and weel done, sweetie!

I'm loving your blog!!! YUMMMMMM! :laugh:

I've started a little blog of a number of recipes I've come up with and others that I've just adjusted to be lapband-friendly. It's got pictures and everything!

Hopefully maybe this will help also?

Lapband Eating 4 Life

Hope you enjoy. :ohmy:

Do any of you have a problem eating salad at this stage. That's what I really miss is salad. I have two more days until solid food?

I have had two fills and I am at good restriction. I have had no problems eating salad usually. Once you get restriction, some days may be better than others. Something I read on a post earlier is that if you take a bite and it gets that little stuck feeling, wait about 5 minutes and it is usually okay. (I am anxious to try this). Until restriction, you may find that you can eat just about anything, and that is really hard. That is how it was for me. I could eat anything, so I had to rely on my willpower. No weight loss at all during that time, but was able to keep the 20 pounds I had already lost off. Glad to finally have restriction tho for sure! The most important thing to remember is... chew... chew.... chew. Redundant I know, but I have heard it a million times and still find that I forget, and swallow to soon.... and.... :)... stuck. And stuck... sucks!

Good luck!

Stuffed chicken

Yummy!

This sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it.

So here is one of my own. Most of the time I have no problem at all eating this salad. It is delicious and I use a very small amount of ranch but it has so much flavor it doesn't take much.

Magnolia salad

• Chicken Breast, cooked, cut into bite size pieces (I brown breasts in evoo and sprinkle with a New Orleans Cajun spice)
  • Spinach/Lettuce mixture chopped well
  • dried cranberries
  • mandarin oranges
  • roasted walnuts chopped
  • Tomato slices
  • olives
  • Croutons

This is from a little cafe near where I work, and it is absolutely awesome. I make sure and eat the chicken pieces first, but I could eat this once/twice a week, easy...:)