Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushies Stage Recipes

My question is this..as someone who like to occasion spicy foods..mexican, wasabi, etc...how am I supposed to hold off drinking anything for an hour after eating if my mouth is on fire..that is if the tummy can handle it at all...surgery in 2 days eek! p.s. what has anyone heard or figured out about sushi.???

I craved bean with bacon Soup until I could have it. :tongue_smilie:Even blended, it was very good. What kind of fish did you eat? I bought Gorton's grilled fish, but haven't tried it yet. Any other favorite mushies?

Thanks!

Yum! You have some tasty sounding recipets Heather. I'm not sure hamburger qualifies as a mushy though. I know some people can't tolerate it even in the solid food stages. Still, you cook better than I do. My favorite cooked mushy foods were bean with bacon Soup and microwaved fish fillets! *laughs*

My question is this..as someone who like to occasion spicy foods..mexican, wasabi, etc...how am I supposed to hold off drinking anything for an hour after eating if my mouth is on fire..that is if the tummy can handle it at all...surgery in 2 days eek! p.s. what has anyone heard or figured out about sushi.???

:) Spicy foods will be OUT after banding.... I once had some Hot nand SOUR Soup at a chinese rest. and my BAND swole shut... not pretty I had to go for an emergency de-fill.

Use caution:redface:

BAKED POTATO SOUP

2/3 cup butter

2/3 cup flour

7 cups milk

4 Large Baking Potatoes, baked (not overbaked), cooled, peeled and diced

4 green onions

12 bacon strips cooked well done, crumbled

1 1/4 cup cheese

1 cup sour cream

salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in large pot. Add flour to make a paste. Add milk and cook on low heat until thickens (this takes a long time!!!!) Add potatoe and onion. Simmer 10 min stirring constantly. Add everything else and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.

--thunderThighs

Do you not have carb restrictions?

Hadn't even thought of pimento cheese. This will be on the top of my mushie list if it every gets here!

So I just started mushies and I had swordfish tonight and mashed potatoes. I have no restriction yet so everything went down fine

Swordfish 1 steak wrap in tin foil with 5 sliced lemons, a dash of sherry, a little bit of butter salt and pepper then put it on the grill. I love swordfish and we usually just grill it but this way it poached and came out AMAZING.

the mashed potatoes were just boiled, smashed, hit it with a bit of half and half, butter salt and pep

Yep you have no restriction but that doesn't mean you should eat what you want. The reason for the different stages is to let your stomach heal and shrink. So please, do yourself a a favor and follow all instructions to the letter! Good luck.

there's some yummy things you can do with cottage cheese. I add a scoop to my Protein Shake, makes it super thick. I add a 1/2 cup to my s/f/free pudding. You can add it to Soup, put it in a blender with a cup of the soup and puree it and add back to the soup. You can add it to casserols. You can puree it with some splenda and a few drops of flavoring like what ever, chochlate and use it to dip fruit in.

Here's some things i've tried/am going to try since I've just started my mushie stage...

Mexican Beans

Use on package of taco seasoning for one can of Fat Free Refired Beans, stir together and store so you can use the beans as you need them.

1. Bean mixer on bottom of bowl
  2. sprinkle fat free cheese
  3. microwave for about a minute
  4. add some salsa
  5. tablespoon of plain greek yogurt

yummy!!

Wanna Be Canoli Cream

soo I'm italian and learned how to make canoli cream, here's my little alternative.

1. 1/4 cup Ricotta
  2. 2 Slenda packets
  3. few drops of Brandy extract ( can use real brandy if you'd like, but only a drop or 2)
  4. mix all together and enjoy!!!:w00t:

Spicy foods WONT be out after banding. I eat Hot and Sour Soup all the time. Unfortunately for you, this is a problem. Maybe something was wrong with your band, because Ive never known anyone to have their band swell shut from soup. I can eat anything I want in moderation with no problem. Ive lost 84 lbs so far and going. Sorry to hear about your issue with spicy food, but it doesnt mean its gonna happen to everyone.

:w00t: Spicy foods will be OUT after banding.... I once had some Hot nand SOUR soup at a chinese rest. and my BAND swole shut... not pretty I had to go for an emergency de-fill.

:w00t: Spicy foods will be OUT after banding.... I once had some Hot nand SOUR Soup at a chinese rest. and my BAND swole shut... not pretty I had to go for an emergency de-fill.

I disagree with this. I've had hot and sour soup for dinner the past couple days with nothing. It varies person to person. I have no problem with spice, band-related, at least.

Garlic bread Soup

1 whole head of garlic

2 shallots

1-2 T olive oil for sautee

1 small sandwich baguette, cubed

1/4-1/2 c parmesean cheese

3 c chicken broth/stock (you can substitute 1/2 cup with white wine for added kick if you like)

1/2 c fage plain yogurt

sautee garlic and shallots slowly in oil until carmelized. Add stock and bring to boil. Lower heat and add bread. Cook until the bread is soft and mushy. Remove from heat. Add yogurt and cheese. Dump in blender or food processor and blend until creamy. This tastes so good and is great for boosting your immunity.

Hey, could u recommend me some good liquids to drink on full liquids phase :eek:

there's some yummy things you can do with cottage cheese. I add a scoop to my Protein shake, makes it super thick. I add a 1/2 cup to my s/f/free pudding. You can add it to Soup, put it in a blender with a cup of the soup and puree it and add back to the soup. You can add it to casserols. You can puree it with some splenda and a few drops of flavoring like what ever, chochlate and use it to dip fruit in.

I mix a serving of low fat/fat free cottage cheese with a serving of my favorite low fat fruit flavored yogurt. It doubles the volume and makes a nice lunch for about 200 cal and around 15g +/- Protein total depending on the brands of each.

Another thing that can be done with the cottage cheese is this. Make a 3oz pkg of sugarfree jellow and let it partially set up. When it is partially set (real thick but not wiggly) add a half cup or so of CC to it and mix it up and then return it to the bowl to let it set up. any flavor of Jello works and if you use 2 packages, adjust the amount of CC you use. A little crushed pineapple can added also when mixing. You can use a hand mixer or blender.