Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Stage Recipes

Hey every one, I thought I would start a stages recipe thread for the 3 stages. Maybe a mod can make these stickies. Then when ever we want a recipe from a certain stage we can check out these threads, and if we find a good new recipe we can post it in the threads. What do you guys think??

4 carrots

4 potatoes (medium sized)

1 onion

1 scallion

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 to 4 pinches of sea salt

Chop all the vegetables up and put them in a pan of Water. Add salt, and boil until soft. When soft, blend with a hand blender and add the olive oil. More or less Water will make it thicker or thiner. May add unflavored Protein powder as well.

Serves 4

This is the recipe my nutritionist put me on for my 1st week out from surgery, she said to eat 100ml each time I ate. With the Protein Powder this gives you carbs from the potatoes, Protein from the powder and nutrients from the onion and carrots.

*there is a more complex version on the mushies thread

Heather, there are several other threads with some wonderful recipes and suggestions for on the go foods. Egg drop Soup is a great source for Protein and helps with the hunger during the 2nd week of liquids. mushy stage, refried Beans from Taco Bell.

Ok, the secret's out, I'm not a cook, LOL.

hehe, yeah i have seen the other threads, i just thought we could start these and make them stickies, that way when we want to browse recipes they would be divide by the stages. plus im not in the US so I can't get taco bell ;)

Heather,

Good idea!! This would have saved me alot of time browsing to find something different to eat!

Full liquid stage:

For ice blended fans, I love coffee Bean's sugar-free, fat-free pure vanilla and pure chocolate powders. I can whip that up in the blender with nonfat milk and ice for a Protein packed milkshake. Or stir into warm milk. (I don't drink coffee.)

The other recipe I found on here that is really yummy is a mushy.

Bake ricotta cheese topped with marinara.

:clap2: I have been scouring on here for liquid stage ideas, and it was hard to find any, I was really struggling..............today I dusted off my blender and made fresh apple juice, best thing I have ever tasted, leaves store bought ones for dust.........now I am all excited about what I can juice next. I have a new hobby now, hehehe!!

Also re Egg Drop Soup, do the egg whites go down ok or are they in small specks................thanx.

I will look for some more recipes also!

Oh and I did homemade chicken soup today.............boil whole chicken in Water, stock, carrots, celery and thyme, boil for 2 1/2 hours, I am going to take it off the stove now!

Cheers!:hungry:

Campbells Cream of chicken. Blend w/ 1/2 can of milk (I like whole, but skim woud work also) then add the other 1/2 can of milk after blended. Stir and heat. DELICIOUS & CREAMY!!

I just want to say that I am in the process of making the Portugese Soup recipe that Kat posted on this thread. My stomach is rumbling right now. Thanks for the recipe as this liquid stage is a real downer with the same old boring foods!

I'm going to make the Egg Drop Soup next.

Hello

I just had the band put on last Friday and I am wondering if anyone could give me ideals about what they ate during the secind stage? Sometimes I feel very weak from lack of nuturion