Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Substitute for Pizza? Mac and Cheese?

I just tried Papa Murphys pizza today. I got the Delite thin crust, herb red sauce (no added sugar), spinach, chicken, mushrooms, and cheese. You take it home and bake it. I added a litle garlic Ms Dash. I had one piece and it was awesome. The crust cooks crispy so I had no problems. I was very satisfied with one piece.

It is like a subway for pizza! You pick what ever you want for your toppings.

Thank you for all the feedback and ideas! Some really new things for me to try and I Am looking forward to trying them!

Missy,

My doctor hasn't said I could eat anything other than my one meat and some greens, cabbage, green Beans, etc. and only one half cup of those. He has not told me anything about counting calories or Snacks or anything like that. Is this going to come later? One great thing is i have NEVER thrown up any of my food. I chew slowly and make it last.

One thing I was told regarding pizza...take a fork and scrape the toppings off the breaded crust. Eat only the pepperoni, cheese. I did this and it was GREAT!!! I had been craving pizza for days! I was told the crust of the pizza would swell up in my stomach and stretch it too much. So, now I just eat the cheese and pepperoni. Actually, thinking about it, those are REALLY the best parts of the pizza anyway. :lol:

pizza

1 high Fiber tortilla like by la tortilla factory bake at 400 on a Pam sprayed cooking sheet for like 6-8 mins. Pull out turn tortilla over spread Marinara low fat cheese and Turkey pepperoni and bake til cheese melted yum!

Large portobello mushroom caps roasted and filled with marinara and what ever you like on a pizza. Then bake it. Do not have the mac n cheese' date=' but was happy to have the pizza lol. I can not handle this , but I seen a recipe that used a cooked chicken breast and topped with marinara and pizza fixings of your choice then re baked to melt cheese etc. It looked great and would satisfy if you can handle the chicken too. I myself would like a juicy mushroom cap. I like to get my recipe's from all recipes. com and then I alter them to fit my needs. I heard of the mushroom caps many of times. I just decided that I am going to try it, but it looks amazing. Let me know if you get mac n cheese. When you want that one you may need to make it more moist with just a few bites. I did find if you love ( I'm Italian) spagetti that by using spag squash for the noodle helps and I promise you will never know you have no noodles. My husband hates squash and he had it once and told me about it. I tried it and WOW it was amazing. Good luck.

Diana[/quote']

Sounds great going to try it today thanks yum

My nutritionist has said that pizza is okay. The Papa Murphy's delite pizzas are fantastic. You just don't get half a pizza. 2-3 small squares are all I need. Regarding M&C' date=' Eat in small moderations. I have a spoonful or 2 when I make for my kids. All I need.[/quote']

I just discovered the DeLite pizza at Papa Murphys! It is awesome. Tuesday is $10 for a large with any amount of toppings. I have one slice and really enjoy it as the crust is crispy. My favorite is chicken, spinach, mushrooms, Tomato and sausage with the red herb sauce. The red herb sauce has no sugar added.

i still eat pizza but have noticed that i cant tolerate it straight from the box(too soft and doughy)....i need to reheat it in the oven til crispy,then its fine.