Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

Hi!

I am typing this from the hotel in Monterrey, Mexico, this morning waiting for a couple of hours to pass unitl my own LBT surgery happens at noon... I´d like to ask for a couple prayers:

1) One for my Dad and sister, to ease their nerves about my surgery today - as some of you may know or remember, my Mom passed away a month ago on 4/10. She died from a bacterial infection she developed during a routine gallbladder surgery - they had to go from lap to open, found bad liver cirrohsis, she became septic after recovery and slowly died over the next 2 days in the ICU. Thankfully, she wasnt in pain (at least thats what they said), but it was awful to watch happen. Naturally, now, my sister and father are nervous about me going under laproscopy today, even with the fact I am healthy (just obese) and young and it´s a simple procedure (which is what they said about my mom´s procedure), although they are both very supportive of my decision.

2) I would like another prayer for me! To say the least its been a rough month, and I would like prayers to sail through the surgery and recovery with flying colors. Pray to give me the wings to fly with my new band, make good choices and become healthy so I don´t die youung at 63 like my mom, who was obese and riddled with diabetes, thyroid condition, arthritis, brest cancer and bi-polar disorder to boot. Many of those were due in part to her obestiy. I don´t want to die young too...

Thank you so much for your support, this board has been such a blessing.

Wow Victoriana thank you for your pray and I read it to a friend and he said it was a very nice prayer also.

Dawn we are here praying for you and your family for a successful surgery and trust in God.

Dawn, want you to know that I'm think of you and praying for you and your family. It must be hard on them knowing what had happen a month ago. You have many prayers being sent your way. God will be with you and your family. :angel:

I have not been here on the site since the day i posted this thread. I have been praying foir all my LBT friends and thier families. I am in the middle of packing up the apt. Harry and I are moving. It is only a local move. It is due to the land lord making a $70/mo jump in rent. I am still paying my surgeon and the hospital for my band so that big of a jump for my budget. We did find a brand new place for $130/mo LESS!!!! That my friends, is GOD's WORK!!!

I am going to send out a prayer request for myself. I need support. I am banded. I have restriction. I am not losing any weight. I am also not exercising. I am not eating the way I should be. I am being a Band Failure. Please pray for me to get back on the road to weight loss and to find my way back to the gym on a DAILY basis. I have been terrified of getting on the scale. I KNOW in my heart and by my pants that I am gaining!!! HOW INSANE IS THAT!?!?!?!?!? Please I am begging you to pray for me. I know it is selfish to ask but I know I truely do need help.....Thank you for your support.

Robyn ~ Your specific prayers have been sent above!! The Lord is greater than anything we face. He will carry you through this!! You are an amazing woman with great strength.....I can say this b/c of your posts, I know it's true. Give us an update on how your doing. When I'm done here, I'll look up your other thread about your port.

Cindy ~ Bless your heart!! I have lifted you in prayer also. I can't imagine what this must be like. Allow yourself time to embrace the memories and absorb your precious mother's spirit. We are going to get balloons for my boys to send to heaven for their grandma that passed away 3 yrs ago.

Victoriana ~ What a wonderful prayer....THANKS!!

Dawn ~ My goodness, your family has some reasonable fears after what you have all been through. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mother. :cry I have prayed for all of you. I better go check the May thread to see how you did this afternoon. Take care!!

beautifultina ~ Thank you for this thread!! The Lord does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? So many times I've looked at a situation in a negative light only to find out what a blessing it actually turns out to be. I will be praying for your band situation and for your frame of mind to change for the positive toward working the band. You can do this!! Try to come to LBT frequently after your settled and I think the support will be helpful!!

:)

I am praying for each and everyone of you. I am scheduled to have lapband surgery on June 12. I am nervous, scared, and excited. I am ready for a life change. I have two yound children and need to improve my health for them. I have type two diabetes and high blood pressure. I had a friend who had gastric that was my inspiration. Please pray for my in my journey. I will continue to pray for all of my lbt'ers. :D

beautifultina God is awesome.....now you are not only getting to move into a nice brand new place you are also paying a significant less amount. A move can be stressful but the hard part is over, just finding a new place. You are not a band failure because it looks like you use to weigh 308. Girl that is succcess, that is on the road to recovery. You know what you need to do.......Water, workout, and eat for the band.

fergusoncd540 congratulations on your surgery date. If you are ready for a change, make it today, don't wait for June 12. Read the boards and live like you are banded....protein shake for Breakfast, start trying Protein bars so you will know what you like for a snack, start looking for other Protein filled Snacks,drink your Water, and start walking.

I am so thankful for this thread. You guys are a real blessing to me each and everyday. I will continue to pray for all of you guys.

I am grateful for the prayers on my behalf, thank you all so much. I am praying for all my LBT prayer partners.

Cindy

Just checking in folks, do we have any praise reports we haven't heard about yet? God inhabits our praises!! Lets tell them to each other..

I have a single mother friend in my hood, and a volunteer from a service dept said that she felt God impress upon her to mail her a Mothers day card with a grocery gift card for $100.00. Wow, he is the husband to the widow and a father to the fatherless. WOOOt!!!

I have a prayer request....would you guys please lift these people up in your prayers.

Tina- in a LOT of pain since hip replacement surgery

Marge- diverticulitus (sp) now have a colostomy bag

Sonya- husband passed, lost her mom during Christmas

Thank you

Please pray for my Dad. He called & asked me to take him to the doctor Monday for "gallbladder" problems. The doc sent him to the hospital for admission. Yesterday he had a heartcath in the am & had a triple bypass right after lunch. He is doing fine, but prayer is always welcome. Thanks everybody!

Victoriana that is awesome, he is the ONE.

Jessiebear I'm glad your dad got to the hospital in time. My prayers go out for him.

Jessiebear, hows you dad doing? I'm so amazed that the gall bladder turned out to he his heart!!! Was he in pain? or suffer reflux, or what caused him to think he had gall bladder problems. A bypass is quite amazing in itself, did they have time to tell you of all the things they do in the process? I can be quite disarming, like the amount of tubes and IV's and such. How are you coping? I hope that peace is yours and your dads. I've been praying for a baptism of peace to be upon your family. Just soaking you all through and through. I know you are busy, so even if you put a thumbs up emoticon we can know to keep praying and that you are all doing OK. Thanks!!

Thanks ladies! He is doing great! He had been having the same symptoms for almost a year. I kept telling him I thought it was his heart. I worked on a cardiac unit for 3 years. Go figure! Anyway, He had been having extreme discomfort, kinda like indigestion (but worse), while he was eating. He also had discomfort upon exertion & excitement. He had the three Es - pain & discomfort upon eating, excitement & exertion. Classic heart symptoms. He had over 90% blockage in every coronary artery he has! The artery that they call the widow maker was 99% blocked. It was also blocked in 3 places. He is a very lucky man! Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!! We really appreciate them!! He is doing fine & we are expecting him to come home today. Please pray for me now! LOL! I get to take care of him & he is so hard headed!!! LOL!! Thanks again ladies!!