Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayer requests for LBT'ers

I know that there are alot of people on here that believe in the power of prayer. I was wondering if there could be a way that we could make a sticky out of this. We could post things here that we would like others to pray for us about or for our families etc. I have seen a lot of people ending threads with please pray for me or I will pray for you. I think that with God all things are possible. Imagine what can happen with all of us praying to God (or to whom ever you pray to)...THE MOST AMAZING THINGS CAN/ WILL happen.

Just a thought.

I just made it a sticky. I could always use a prayer for strength and to remember my MOM as she continues to heal from her colon resection surgery.

Great thread!! Right now I'm asking for God's direction with the band. I did get approval and now I'm on to the tests and such. I am taking a stress test next Thurs for my heart. Just pray for the Lord's will and hopefully a good outcome.

On a funny note.....last night at dinner, my 5 yrs old offered the prayer and he asked for God's help for mommy & daddy to drive to grandma & papaw's house. He really misses them and the feeling is mutual. They about melted when I told them what he said. Makes me want to jump in the car and make the 3 hr drive!!

My daughter is having her tonsils out on the 25th of May, she is suffering from sleep apnea and they think that this will make it better. The surgery is a bit more complicated as she also suffers from seizures and panic attacks. I know that God will take her into his hands and keep her safe, but we can always use the prayers from my LBT family. ~Mandy

Prayer is always welcome with me!! I know first hand how the Lord touches our lives with prayer. I would not be the mother of 4 without the Lord. I believe that the Lord will pull all of us through this with our true faith in him. Feel free to email me anytime!

Please pray for us to make it to church tomorrow. We have been out of church on a regular basis, only going here and there since we moved to IN. I think we may have found a new church home and it's hard to get back into the habit again b/c of that little thing called the devil.

I'll never forget when we started going on a regular basis after we moved to the Cincy area. My family was waiting in the car as I was brushing my teeth. I said out loud, "Well devil, we are are making it to church today short of a fire." Don't ever tempt the devil. My Water shut off in the middle of brushing my teeth!!! I'm serious as your heartbeat. I went the the car and told my husband what happened. I told him he wasn't going back in....we were going to church. When we got back home, there was a flood in the basement. A Water line had broke. It was fixed and I am thankful we were stronger than the devil, but I will never tempt him again.

The Lord is good!!!

I want to thank all my band friends for your prayers that have been sent my way to Washington.. my father is now home from the hospital. My parents have lived in there new home for 151 one days and my dad has been in the hospital 65 of those days, over 50 in ICU. thank-you all for your prayers. I continue to pray for all on this site as we are all heading the same direction and I ask the lord for his guidance as we take the journey of our weight loss.

In his name, DeAnn

DeAnn ~ Sorry I missed this info on your father. I don't know what's going on, but I will lift him up in prayer....and the rest of your family too. This must be so hard on your mom. Take care and keep us posted on his progress.

Praise the Lord we made it to church for the AM & PM service. Things went smooth as silk. Thanks for your prayers.

I need to tell someone this and it seems an appropriate place....

As some would know I have been having a huge amount of problems since being banded.In the past 6 months I have hardly lost anything.I suffered from heartburn,reflux and a hot esophagus a lot.I also got this pain in the middle of my back every afternoon....and some pain where the band is....I have hardly any restriction because I have to keep getting unfilled because of the symptoms.....

I cannot drink Water because it makes it a lot worse.....2 cups of Decaf and one 330ml Water is all I can manage a day...I can eat a lot of junk and constantly eating seemed to help for the burn....

My friends and I have started a weightloss group.I am the only one with the operation but all battle with the weight problem....we weigh and then we pray...

First thing we prayed for was healing for this band.I didnt think much about it but I did stop the Nexium 40mg I have been taking every day....because I have to stand on Gods promise.

I am also due for a endoscope in the next week so I did think if there is damage then stopping the Nexium is good they can then see the full extent of the damage....;)

Well,since the first day I stopped taking the nexium I have had no hotness,heartburn or any such thing.....strangest is I can drink tons of water,diet coke (somewhat flat though) coffee anything I really want....I have got a little bit of pain in front of my stomach but nothing that a panado cannot take care of....I havent had any back pain...

After telling everyone that stopping the meds have actually cured me I remebered that we prayed about this and the Lord must have heard my pleas.....:speechles

I know that Gods way is not our way and I still have to go for the endo.I just needed to share this because why can I accept that stopping meds might help but find it difficult to share what the LORD has done for me?:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: (Thats me clapping for the Lord.)

Thanks for listening.

Tina this thread is so on time. I was with a friend last night and I was kneeling beside him and took his hand and he said so we are going to pray together......I said yes. He first said the Lay Me Down to sleep and said now say the grown up prayer. He says the long one....LOL....I said yes so we said the Lords Prayer Together, I thought that was so nice. We all need prayer and to give thanks all day long.

Penni, DeAnn and Mandy I pray for you family memebers to be healed and to continue to live life like there is no tomorrow.

3Loves a 3 hour drive is not bad and would well be worth the trip.

Desertmom I am so sorry you have been have so many problems but I see God has you in his hands. I will continue to pray for you and just be patient yourself.

Lord I thank you for being who you are, a merciful, forgiving and almighty God. You know our needs. Please help us to follow the steps you have laid for us. Please heal our minds, bodies and souls Lord. We lift you up and give you praise and we trust in you and your words. Lord thank you for my Lap Band family :grouphug:and bless each one of them and protect from all negativity and pain. In his precious name I pary.... Amen:pray:

Teresita, to my sister in CHRIST, what a wonderful prayer!!! I love this new THREAD and it is absolutely the very best one for me. I will pray each day for my entire LBT family. To all be blessed in the LORD and ask him to direct your path with healthy eating habits.

Today I have my first Status Hearing for My Divorce -- I need all the support from My LBT family Right now..

I pray that every thing goes in my favor...

Thank you Angelu, I love God and I pray that anyone who does not know him come to know him. He is not scarey, he just wants to love us but we have open our hearts and allow him in for him to do so.

bubbame just you asking for prayer support, you are going to be fine. Just remember that the court system is run by man. No matter what happens thank God and smile that you even know him. Trust God and walk in that court room and out of that court room with a smile in your heart. God is with you and he has his angels all around you:grouphug:.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005Y40I/002-8761358-4791219?v=glance&n=5174]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005Y40I/002-8761358-4791219?v=glance&n=5174[/ame]

Listen to Kirk Franklin he Reigns (sample)

Scroll down to number 9 He Reigns to listen

Our God

Is an awesome God He reigns

From heaven above

With wisdom, power & love

Our God is an awesome God

Our God

Is an awesome God He reigns

From heaven above

With wisdom, power & love

Our God is an awesome God

You're and you're glorious