Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to be doing something wrong!

I have weighed myself on multiple scales. How on earth have I lost 13 pounds in a matter of four days?!

I am more then sure it will stall out - specially once I start mushies - right?

I am taking it! I need the emotional lift.

I have been walking, and am leaving to go run errands - Drivers lisc. expired, and need new sheets for the kids new beds. Went from twins to Queens - %#^$* they grow fast!!!!!

Hungry, but I know I will make this work! With each hunger pang, I just remind myself this is temporary, and I am on the LOOSING SIDE!!!!!

Reminding myself how long I waited for this shames me into being grateful, and then I have to follow that with a positive thought towards my goal of wearing the clothes I have in the attic.

(And the new ones I get to buy!!!!!!) :Banane56: :) :kiss :kiss :) :cool: :eek: :mad:

yes it is possible to lose that much in a short amount of time ESP since you were just banded!!!

enjoy this side of it it will start to taper off. start doing the good habits that you were told to do by your surgeon and you will do fine. dont start eating mushies for two weeks post op then another week before you progress to solids.. take you time... food will still be there when you get to the solid food stage again. ( i had a feeling that all solid food would disspear off the face of the planet before I could eat them again).

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!

Congrats on being banded!

Welcome to Bandland, MelAnne! Isn't the initial loss exciting?! As Tina said, it will slow down. The first time I only saw 1 pound lost in a week, I cried! *laughs* Youre doing wonderfully. Already up and out on errands, that's great. Just be careful not to over do, keep yourself hydrated, and get as much of your 60 grams of Protein in per day as you can. I relied on Bean with Bacon Soup blended until creamy to keep me from getting hungry. I also sipped a lot of chicken broth and vegetable broth. After so many cold Protein Shakes and Water, I was dying for something warm and those things did the trick.

I am taking it as a WIN!

I know the loss will slow down and die. But until then - ONWARD!

I am exercising, which has to be part of the winning equation, as well as protien protien and protien - as well as staying away from sugar - will help me succeed.

I like sugar. I HATE artificial sweetner. I Love IceCream. So I am compromising with myself. sugar free icecream treats (popcicles, fudgecicles, etc..) as long as the sugar is under 9g. And this is not an everyday treat!!!!

So I am starting to get my head on and see what I will be able to eat and how I plan on making this work for me.

I want it to be quick, but quick is going to have to be just loss, even if it is a slow one, as long as I see a loss. (God help me with the platue period)

MelAnne I was just banded on the 17th and lost 8lbs in five days, its grt I dont care about the lost as long as I follow the plan of attack I have put in place its a grt feeling. Keep up the grt work

Melanne

Just a heads up here. I am 3 weeks out and i lost 7 lbs on the 10 day preop diet and then i lost 10 lbs the first week. went to the doc for follow up and he upgraded me to mushies and THE DAY OF MUSHIES i went up 2 lbs then proceeded to go up 3 more lbs within the week. (I am only eating apx 1200 cals/day) now my guess is i had lost alot of Water weight as i was only eating 300-600 cals a day the first week, (starvation=glycogen depleation=water loss) and with the increased sodium intake on mushies some of that weight lose was water.

imagine my dissapointment and reality check!! so if this happens to you, and i hope it doesn't!! i will tell you the same thing everyone i have complained to told me. It isn't going to happen overnight. although for some strange inexplicable reason i woke up from surgery and thought it would?? and i am still trying to convince myself to believe what i already know.:party: (3 weeks doesn't = 30 lbs) yeah i got that with the 10 lbs loss the first week! :rolleyes:

Jen

Thank you!!!

I have memorized your words of wisdom.

-30 pounds does not mean 3 weeks.

Expect to go up with muchies and additional intake.

I am pretty much starving myself right now.

I am already keeping the 'freakout' on a low as I see how easily people become anorexic.

I have to eat to live.

I have to eat so I am not a bitch to my family and everyone around me. ROFLOL

13 pound loss this week is a Win. liquids this next week then on to mushies. Expect a gain. It will all work out.

I always have a fill in my future.

Positive thoughts.... Positive thoughts.....

Thanks Jen!

MelAnne....I see you were banded only 4 days before me...are you already exercising? What are you doing exactly? I was told to take it easy for a bit...no big cardio workouts. So, just curious what you were told.

Great job so far btw...way to go!

and cleaning my house.

I am just not a sit still kind of person.

The first three days home I walked the sidewalk in front of my house back and forth three times a day and once around the block.

Since then my mom took me to renew my drivers lisc. and Walmart. Not to mention we had to make a side trip to take my oldest son to the ER as he fell down the stairs at school and fractured his ankle.

Then yesterday my sister draged me to Garden Ridge Pottery for their White sale, as my husband bought new beds for the boys Tuesday when I came home from the hospital. And we do not own any queen size sheets for them.

Today I am cleaning the house cause the cleaning lady will be here in the morning.

And when my husband comes home in a few mins, we are leaving to run errands as my car needs to be vaccuumed and washed, and we need groceries for next week, and I still have not found sheets and a comforter for my youngest son that he likes.

I am tired. I but feeling better all the time!!!

Hang in there!!! It all gets batter and we'll be posting about how much we're loosing and swapping food ideas in no time!!!!!!

Hi Lisa!!!

Thanks for asking!!!!

He's wearing a brace on it, and on crutches. It appears to be badly sprained. Thank goodness it's not worse!!!!!