Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think Positive List

Hello fellow Canadians! I'm not banded yet but will be in a few weeks. My emotions have been wild, so I decided to make a list of things to get excited about, and to help me focus on the positive. Please add some of your own, so we can make a BIG list.:cool: Whether we are pre-op or post-op or a few years down the road, you can never get to much positive inspirations.

1 - I can't wait to go to my daughters drawer to borrow a shirt.:Banane56:

2- I can hardly wait to go for a bike ride with my children.:cool:

3 - No have to worry where there seating me in a restaurant, I'll fit anywhere.:mad:

4 - Trade in my mini-van for a sportier car and look great in it.:)

5 - See the look in my friends faces when they havent seen me in a while.:eek:

6 - Throw away any clothes that end in an X (5X).:cool:

7 - Do #!*@? with my husband.:) :kiss2: ....sorry

8 - Go clothes shopping and buy what I like, not what just fits.:phanvan

9 - Dance:p

10-Knowing I've made a great decision to move on to a more positive, rewarding, exciting life.:clap2:

Hi Cloe!

I'm looking foward to my surgery on May 17th with Dr. Cobourn! He seems like such a nice guy from what I have read. I have only talked to him on the phone as I live in Calgary. Things I can get excited about ...

1. I can't wait to be able to fit comfortably in an airplane seat.

2. Being willing to see people and not be ashamed of how I look.

3. I can't wait to be happy with ME!

4. I can't wait to play volleyball and baseball again!

More later!

1. I can't wait to stop hiding behind the nearest pillow as I sit down on my sofa or anyone's sofa, counter top or bar.

2. I can't wait to be able to shop in my favorite clothes store again and be able to pick out something I like, in a very nice and normal size.

3. I can't wait to turn my own head in the mirror.

4. I can't wait to see my sister and mother who hasn't seen me since I've started to lose weight. Last they saw me was at a weight of 240lbs.

5. I can't wait to hop into my bed and call my husband over for a nice whisper of sweet nothings in his ear and feel completely confident and sexy about it.

6. I can't wait to jump out of my SUV...after pulling into the beach parking lot and thighs, belly and breasts all....PADDDOWWWW! I want a nice dark, golden tan and not be ashamed to show myself to get it.

7. Being finally happy with my self image and feeling like a big loser all at the same time ;)

8. Take up ballroom dancing and look good doing it. Hip Hop classes too.

More...

1. I can't wait until I don't have to wear a jacket or sweater everytime to cover my butt and stomach ... even in the hot summer days!

2. I can't wait to go on a holiday and not be embarrassed to wear a bathing suit.

3. I can't wait until I can say "thanks, but no thanks, I'm full" and mean it.

Oh, I can't wait to not have to wear stuff to cover up too. I practically live in tshirt and hoodies in the summer. I haven't worn shorts in soooo long either, I don't know if I want to, but I'd sure like to be able to!

I don't want to squeeze into chairs, and worry about how much is squeezing out beneath the armrests!

I don't want to be so damn sweaty and gross feeling after the most minor exertion.

I want to cross my legs, and not have to hold onto my calf, so it doesn't slide off.

I want to be able to easily shave my legs!

I want to wear a size with at least a 1 in the beginning, not a 2... and no "X"'s !

I don't want to be constantly pulling at my shirts, worry that it's stuck in my back-fat! lol

I want to wear sexy underwear!

I don't want to have to quickly look away when I pull up along another car at a stop sign or light, cause I think they're gonna give me a "Yuck" look, or laugh at me.

I wanna get a brazilian! Wooo! lol

Good one Argon!- I WANT TO CROSS MY LEGS, I cannot remember when I did that last....I think it was the late 80's...lol.

I want (will) run!

TURN STILES--who invented them!!! I'm excited to think that I won't have an anxiety attack in a line up to a turn stile, thinking I'm gonna get stuck in one, with one of those bars up my butt. I know who invented them...some skinny little b_____d!

How bout this one? Hoping for a school reunion.

Keep them coming...Its so exciting!

The biggest thing I look forward to is the confident feeling I lack, that keeps me from looking into someones eyes and giving a huge smile.

I hate feeling as though I have nothing to give...

I want the sense that I can "instill" confidence in others...nevermind desperately seeking a shred for myself.

I'm not even sure how to describe it. I hope maybe you know what I mean. :)

oh and P.S. Mandi

A Brazilian!?! You go wit-yer-bad-self!!! *snapping fingers*

I also want to wear lingerie...(and not the frilly tents that make me look like a dancing hippo from "Fantasia")

Sunshine

Thought I'd add some stuff:

- I don't want to be struck with fear when I sit down and hear a creak. Or sit in someone else's chair and have them look at me like "Oh, please don't break my chair!!"

- Why are plus-sizes so damn expensive?! There's never anything plus-size and COOL on sale! I want cheap clothes! lol

- I want to see whatever my boyfriend apparently sees in me.... and believe it.

- I want to be hit on! And not just by drunk old men!

- I want to fit into my prom dress, and have it be WAY too big. So big that I have to have it altered to fit me, and look nice. And THEN, I'm going to make my BF rent a tux, come with me and get pictures taken, and then go crash some kid's prom!

- I want to look forward to my reunion too. I want people to be BLOWN away... to wonder WHO I am.

- I want to get a tattoo(s). I never got one because, mostly I have such a hard time coming up with something I LOVE, but also because I'm embarrassed to have to expose any of the places I'd get one... and I always hoped I'd lose weight (and feared I'd gain more), distorting it.

- I would like to not be so scared that someone might see my underwear and laugh. (like freshly washed, in a laundry basket, or worse, not clean, and on the floor... and wonder when we went camping!)

- I want to let my boyfriend pick me up... or at least be comfortable enough to let him try. He always tries, but I do the 3 yr old thing, and turn to Jello, sliding through his arms and to the floor so he can't! Better that than have him have some inkling of how heavy I am.

- on that note: be on top and not want to cover his eyes, or hook up a respirator so he can breathe.

Come on guys, let's get some more!

I want the sense that I can "instill" confidence in others...nevermind desperately seeking a shred for myself.

I'm not even sure how to describe it. I hope maybe you know what I mean. :)

I know what'cha mean. :hug:

Wow, lots of great posts here...I have a couple more to add:

I don't want to feel ashamed and embarassed when I pick up my kid from school because I'm the fattest mom there.

I don't want to pass this disease along to my kids, I want to lose the fat and gain confidence, passing that along to my kids instead of self-hatred and loathing.

I want my husband to see that I'm into "it" like he is (apparently he is, I don't see how he could be right now), I can't feel that way with all this fat.

Three more words, which I know you've all talked about...CLOTHES CLOTHES CLOTHES. And shoes too :cake:

One of my favorite things now is dropping things in public. Before it used to be a huge ordeal. I'm 5'10" so things are really far down there on the ground, so bending over without tipping sideways was damn ugly.

Now I like dropping things so I can squat down with my legs together like a lady. Now I run to help people that drop stuff just so I can do it!

I thought of a new positive thought...

I'm looking forward to my pimples clearing up. I've never had acne before, but my Dr thinks it has alot to do with my changing hormones ("Excuse me! Did you say whore moans!?!") No... he said hormones:o hahaha

..and he said my weight is putting a strain on things and my break outs should improve with some weight loss...

HERE'S HOPING!!!:clap2:

Hmmm... interesting. I get these crazy painful bumps in specific areas of my face sometimes... think they're 'technically' cystic acne. Maybe that's my problem too! I'm hopin' also!

On a side note: I felt some weird bulges in my neck last night when I turned my head... guess they're 'tendons'. lol Just never noticed them so predominantely before! I also discovered some collarbones when I push my shoulders forward! I hope someday soon I can see them WITHOUT doing that! :)

Hmmm... interesting. I get these crazy painful bumps in specific areas of my face sometimes... think they're 'technically' cystic acne. Maybe that's my problem too! I'm hopin' also!

On a side note: I felt some weird bulges in my neck last night when I turned my head... guess they're 'tendons'. lol Just never noticed them so predominantely before! I also discovered some collarbones when I push my shoulders forward! I hope someday soon I can see them WITHOUT doing that! :)

whoooo hooooooooooo collarbones!!!! I've seen photos of those!!! I'm not sure I actually have any...I might be a collarboneless person!!! Although when I poke around there I feel something hard. That might be a collarbone!!! I"ll let ya know!!!! :)

Was just about to hop in the shower, and realized something I need to add to the list!

- I can't wait to have only ONE set of boobs! I'd like to get rid of the other set hiding under my armpits! yucky