Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alright so I don't speak highly of myself often' date=' but I'm proud of myself and I wanna share it with you guys. I have went from 347 in January to 312 pounds this morning. I went from NEVER exercising to working out 4 to 5 times a week 45 minutes to an hour usually in the morning but sometimes in the afternoon too. In 5 weeks my average calorie intake has been about 1200 when it used to be well over 3000. Instead of eating fast food 7 or 8 times a week, I do it maybe once a week and when I do I don't go for the double quarter pounder, I go for a grilled chicken sandwich and yogurt at chick fila. I've been working so hard and all my clothes (that used to be a 5x t shirt and a 30-32 pants size) all fit nice and baggy and I'm actually going to buy a belt this week for the first time since high school. It feels so good to say these things. I go for my second fill on Monday, and I was thinking how nice it would be for us march bandsters to share some of the positives in our lives! We're doing it guys! One pound at a time......[/quote']

That is awesome! You should speak highly of yourself - both out loud an TO yourself!

For me, this is the first time in my life I am not worried about the scale. Instead, I focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit. It is so rewarding!

Banded March 8,2013 I have not shared too much of anything. I have been hard on myself for my weaknesses. But this past week I was able to put a button up blouse on that I love and had not been able to wear comforatably because the buttons looked like they were going to pop. I have had a bad week eating wise but Thursday when I tried that shirt on and was able to button it and had room to spare OMGoodness, I was on cloud nine. My scale is my worst enemy, but I realized that what I have not lost in lbs, I have lost in inches :o . So this morning I was dressing and was able to get into a pair of size 20 jeans that a month ago I could not get my hips past the waist band. Honestly so very happy to see that I am making progress, and then my OH so brutally honest 14 year old daughter said "Wow mom I can really see where you have lost some weight." :) So yeah me and all the bandsters that are making progress on this journey! We Can Do This!!!!

Banded March 25. Lost 40 pounds during six month waiting period and another 16 on two week preop diet. At my two week post op appt, I was only down three pounds.

I go for my first fill on May 15, and I hope that I'll have a loss to report when I get on the scale. It will be my first weigh since post op.

I'm working really hard with Portion Control, because I've been able to eat pretty much anything, and I hope it will help. I can definitely feel the loss of inches in my clothes.

Ok. I was not banned in March but I would like some feedback from some of you that were. I was banded on 4-30. 4 days post op. The pain in my shoulder is very bad today. I went to work Thursday and Friday. Not full days but I am moving around. Today the only thing that helps this pain is laying on my right side. When I stand up it is really bad. I guess I have been reading too much on here because I'm kind of worried that this pain won't go away or is due too something besides the gas they used during surgery. That is really the only pain I have besides taking deep breaths but that is just uncomfortable not painful. They did fix a hernia too. How long does the shoulder pain last??????

How long does the shoulder pain last??????

Hey Banded1979

My BIGGEST complant about surgery prep is that no one mentioned the shoulder pain! It was rough for me too, it lasted about 2 weeks after surgery but I got used to it after the first week and it was less sharp but still constant.

I've read others who said it lasted longer for them. But I promise, it won't kill you! It just sucks.

Also, I still get that shoulder pain. If I drink too much liquid too fast, or fill up my stomach too much, bam! the sharp shoulder pain is back. It only lasts a couple hours and honestly, it's the best signal I have for learning what the right amount of food is for me.

Hang in there! You were banded on my birthday, it's obviously a great sign :D

Thanks. Makes me feel a lot better. Was just worried it would stay forever. Lol

Banded1979 have u been regular since surgery? Me finally going made all the difference on the pain. I still have a twinge every now and then but certainly not pain. It will get better! It really will! Try some Tylenol if you can and that might dull it some.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Banded1979 have u been regular since surgery? Me finally going made all the difference on the pain. I still have a twinge every now and then but certainly not pain. It will get better! It really will! Try some Tylenol if you can and that might dull it some.

Yes I have been regular. Today doesn't seem so bad. Still sharp pains every once in a while. Did you have a hernia repaired? I will try some Tylenol later. Thanks

WOOHOOO I lost another lb and I have lost a 1 inch in the waist, 7 inches in the ab, and 2 inches off the thighs.... Yeah me every inch means the world to me now that it is gone!!! Yeah Me!!! :wub:

Ok so I went for my first fill yesterday...and may I say I was worried over nothing. My doc put in 1cc he said I was doing great but because I am still feeling restriction when eating he didnt want to over do it by putting in 3ccs. And I am glad he did 1cc because when I got up this morning I could hardly eat lol. I go back in 6 weeks for my next fill.

Ok so I went for my first fill yesterday...and may I say I was worried over nothing. My doc put in 1cc he said I was doing great but because I am still feeling restriction when eating he didnt want to over do it by putting in 3ccs. And I am glad he did 1cc because when I got up this morning I could hardly eat lol. I go back in 6 weeks for my next fill.

Some people have "tight" mornings. Gotta watch the kinds of foods you have for Breakfast.

Some people have "tight" mornings. Gotta watch the kinds of foods you have for Breakfast.< /p>

I definitely fall into that category, I can only do Protein shakes for breakfast but it's so weird how I'm able to eat a little more by mid-day.

Went for second fill today & we decided I really don't need one yet...so still @ .6cc (lol) & have lost 43 lbs in 15 wks. <3

Went for second fill today & we decided I really don't need one yet...so still @ .6cc (lol) & have lost 43 lbs in 15 wks. <3

Wow, just wow!! I am amazed at your weight loss at 15 weeks!! What are you doing nutrition and exercise related? If you don't mind sharing.

I hope to start losing again. I've been steady for two weeks now. I'm 8 wks today and have lost 21 lbs. I'm loving going back down to an 18W again. Next I want to shop in the regular size 18 (minus the W).

I have some restriction at 3ccs and will go for my second fill next week on Friday. I can't eat much in one meal so sticking to the portion sizes is ok but it just isn't lasting. I'm working on my Protein for lunch. I struggle getting enough in that meal.

Lets hear how the rest if March bandsters are doing!! I can always use a little more support! Summer is almost here and I'm sure we all want to be a little thinner and healthier!!

Thank you so much!!! Your loss is pretty impressive as well! Don't get discouraged! Truthfully...I eat what I want. I have no real issues w/any foods unless I eat too fast...but I drink drink drink Water constantly. Eat mostly Protein. I eat my protein before anything else. I was walking on the treadmill a lot but I think I've broken my foot again (only out of cast for about a month or so lol). A lot of lower body exercises too. Getting ready to add upper body so I can even up lol