Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi fellow March bandsters!! Banded 3/21/13. It's encouraging to hear all the success y'all are having. I wish I could say the same, but at least I've lost some. I'm down10 according to my dr's scale and timing of weigh ins. According to my scale I lost about 15 but have gained 4 this week. I've had a few off days where MFP was seeing not the best choices in foods, but I'm being honest and accountable to myself.

I had company over and made them my homemade pancakes. Instead of stopping at one (even though it isn't a good choice at 1) I went back for a second but didn't finish it. I didn't NEED a second one but got it because I enjoyed the food. I get so mad that I keep reverting to the food and eating habits that have put me 100 pounds overweight!! Ugggghhhh!

So sorry for my pity party! I know this will work now if I just follow the rules! Just frustrated with my food choices!!

Can't wait to share in all y'all's success over the coming months!!!

I get so mad that I keep reverting to the food and eating habits that have put me 100 pounds overweight!! Ugggghhhh!

So sorry for my pity party! I know this will work now if I just follow the rules! Just frustrated with my food choices!!

Can't wait to share in all y'all's success over the coming months!!!

hey aufan! don't beat yourself up about one (or a few) bad choices. i'm learning that this change doesn't happen overnight, and a bad day doesn't defeat all the good we're doing for ourselves. lord knows, i messed up majorly this week, ate the toppings off of several slices of pizza until i made myself feel sick/stuck. i felt so horrible - how am i repeating past behavior?!

Here's the thing, the next day I went on a long hike with a friend. I had two meals of high Protein shakes and one small Protein + veggie meal and voila! I felt back on track. Progress.

We can do this. March Bandsters are awesome. :D

I was banded on March 28 so it's been 16 days. I've lost roughly 7 lbs since surgery and became frustrated today when I weighed in and the scale hasn't moved! However, I reminded myself that I'm still healing and still working on Portion Control and exercise. If I hadn't had the surgery, I would probably still be gaining ( or at least 30 lbs heavier like I was at the start of this journey in Jan) so I'm trying not to get down on myself and work through it. My first fill will be April 30 and I hope that will help some. Good job March bandsters!

Hey March peeps! I was banded March 29th. I Don't have much soreness anymore just itchy around my scars. Today I started mushy food and had mash potatoes and chicken puréed. And so far lost 12lbs. Congrats to everyone!

Hiya March Banders! I was banded March 27th. I've lost 14 pounds so far. My first fill is May 7th. I'm still on the mushies stage. On Wednesday I get to start solids (soft fruit, veggies and MEAT!!!!) finally. Yay to us!!!

Quick recap of me:

I was banded on March 20th, had some problems in the beginning with stuck pills and a stupid episode with metamucil along with an odd tightness from the hiatal hernia repair. I had 4cc in my band at surgery and since then I have had 3cc removed due to these things.

Right now I am finding myself eating larger portions than we bandsters should eat, feel no restriction anymore(so the swelling is completely gone) and I am hungry every 2-3 hours. Luckily I go for my appointment on Tuesday and hopefully get a fill.

Right now I am finding myself eating larger portions than we bandsters should eat' date=' feel no restriction anymore(so the swelling is completely gone) and I am hungry every 2-3 hours. Luckily I go for my appointment on Tuesday and hopefully get a fill.[/quote']

I can completely relate. I am eating large portions and hungry every 2-3 hours as well. My first fill will be on 4/30 and I hope it will help!

Best wishes!

I was banded march 29 and my first fill will be may 6th. I think I am healed because I don't feel any pain anymore. I feel so hungry!!! I don't get the full feeling which is scary to me. Is this normal?

I am in the same boat! I was banded on March 27 and am so hungry!! I feel like I'm eating larger portions than I should (a bit larger than the dietician's recommendations) to feel satisfied and am still hungry about 2-3 hours after eating. I am still losing weight despite that, but I am also exercising pretty often (I've always been an exerciser so it comes easy). My first fill is April 25 and I am meeting with the dietician the day before that.

The one thing I am really trying to do is focus my meal around Protein. I make sure to have a good Protein source and eat it first, that does help a little with hunger. If I eat a meal without much protein, I definitely get hungry faster!

Glad to hear this hunger is normal. Had my first post OP today and doctor told me its normal and for me to drink more Water. Can't wait til my fill may 6th.

Hi March Banders!

I was banded on 3/13/13, and I have lost 30 lbs in total (16 post op)! Loving my choice to get banded! I had my first fill yesterday (4cc), and it did not hurt at all! I am finally feeling less hungry!! Thank goodness! Best of luck, everyone!

I have come to realize that every day is different. Yesterday my lunch lasted like 5.5 hours. That's never going to happen for me during the work week. It was weird having to cook dinner for the family and not even be hungry yet.

Hiya March Bandsters!

I was banded 3-21-13...and am now eating regular food. I find that I can eat pretty much anything- just have to make sure I chew it all up- REALLY WELL! I hae gotten "stuck" a couple times from eating too fast! NOT FUN! I currently have no saline in my band and am scheduled for my first fill on 5-3-13. I really struggled with being stuck at same weight for 2 weeks- but I am doing 1-2 Protein shakes a day to get going again! Lost almost 3 lbs last week! I know I gained this weekend because we were out of town for my middle son's DeMolay competition and obviously ate crappy food- but I did watch my portions! Small victories & silver linings!

I did do some side by side pics...of face this time! I think Im starting to see a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

post-350334-13813141506006_thumb.jpg

post-350334-13813141506983_thumb.jpg

Wow u look good. I definitely see a difference. I was banded the 28th and I feel no restrictions. I'm just trying to maintain til my first fill may 8th!

Hi I was banded on March 22nd also had hernia repair.. I have lost 23 lbs. I do not get a fill until June 5th. There is no dietician only an RN at my surgeon's office. I like the surgeon but not the RN. I have been having pain around the port and under my rib cage. (Only at work -- I drive school bus) She tells me I can have that pain for 3 to 4 months.

Just started solids over the weekend ground turkey and soft fruit, eggs . Tried salad and that went well too. Still trying to figure out the right portion sizes. This is a great group, enjoy reading all the posts. Haven't lost any weight this week.