Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO! NEW HERE! Scared to try Lap Band! Any stories to go for or against would be SOO HELPFUL!

2 months here, down 40 odd pounds. I chose LB because like the others I couldn't justify hacking away 3/4 of my stomach or rerouting my intestines. Besides, all WLS has the possibility of complications, but the LB has by far the lowest incident.

Do your research, make your own choice. I just wish I had done this earlier.

WOW! :blink: Thank you very much EVERYONE! I'm ecstatic that people respond the way they do! I am so excited about the prospect of losing weight its hard to sleep at night! Its great to know that a wonderful support system is here and available through my journey from here on out!

I will keep everyone updated on the choices i make and the outcome of those choices.

( 99% my choice is LAP BAND!) (1% doctors advise lol)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D

I am in the process of trying to get the lab band. I just found your post. I was excited to see that you were thinking of going to Dr Eagon. My insurance approved a referral to his office. Did you end up getting banded? I am interested in hearing about your experience.

I honestly got banded 9/11 and believe it was the biggest mistake of my life yesterday. Today I'm giving it a better chance, I've just had a lot of hunger and no Protein bc of my intolerance. Today's better but this is definitely emotional

Hey Christa I'm 21 and I was banded 8/12 best decision ever the worst part for me was the pre-op diet before surgery I had to do mine for 4 weeks (varies by doctor) and that was the hardest part for me. The pre-op diet will really show if you have the will power and self control to have surgery. I totally understand you not wanting to go through your 20's not being able to participate in everything my friends are doing. This is by far the best place to go for ALL your lap band questions they answered all mine almost better than my doctor does! Good luck this is the best decision of your life!

I have been overweight my whole life and the lap bad was the best choice I've ever made! I'm 24 and didn't want the rest of my 20s to be worried about health problems and appearance. After watching YouTube videos and going to a seminar I found it was the best choice for me. I've never been able to lose over 20 lbs with just diet and exercise and the band helps you be mindful of what you're doing. I would recommend the lap band and would do it all over again. Plus I haven't had complications yet thank goodness. Good luck with your choice!

I am in the process of trying to get the lab band. I just found your post. I was excited to see that you were thinking of going to Dr Eagon. My insurance approved a referral to his office. Did you end up getting banded? I am interested in hearing about your experience.

HI!! time for an update!! I was banded august 28th!! i dont regret it a bit, im eating a cup of food at a time 3-4 times a day, i healed very well, and was back in school roughly 4 days after.

I ended up going with Dr. Ricks out of De Peres hospital, he was FANTASTIC!!!!! soooo friendly!!!! i would recommend either him or Dr. Minkin!!!

thanks i feel fantastic, no hunger! its AMAZING im almost sad i dont get to eat alot, but im sure that will pass!! haha

Congrats to you! I felt the same bit of sadness at not getting to eat "a lot" at first, but you really do get used to it and that sadness goes away pretty quickly really.

Just wanted to say you are a beautiful girl and I'm excited for your forthcoming success with the band! I really like seeing the successes of the younger women ... I waited until I was in my 40s to do this, and before that it was diet after diet after diet. Good for you for taking charge so early! :-)

Congrats to you! I felt the same bit of sadness at not getting to eat "a lot" at first, but you really do get used to it and that sadness goes away pretty quickly really.

Just wanted to say you are a beautiful girl and I'm excited for your forthcoming success with the band! I really like seeing the successes of the younger women ... I waited until I was in my 40s to do this, and before that it was diet after diet after diet. Good for you for taking charge so early! :-)

Thanks so much!! I am sooo happy i did it!! I can't wait to go swimming and hiking and sky diving!! It's gonna be amazing!!