Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a jump start...

My weight has plateaued for several months now...I'm over a year post surgery and have lost 45 lbs....what can I do to jump start the losing again? I cannot not tolerate anymore fills...

How many calories a day do you eat? Do you get in all your Protein daily? Do you exercise?

It varies...I have kinda fallen off the wagon as far as keeping tract of protein....exercise...I am a nurse, go to grad school and a single parent...I thought about doing a few days of liquids. What do you think?

It varies...I have kinda fallen off the wagon as far as keeping tract of Protein....exercise...I am a nurse, go to grad school and a single parent...I thought about doing a few days of liquids. What do you think?

Honestly? I wouldn't go on liquids, especially considering how incredibly busy your life is. You need your energy and nutrients very badly to keep up.

I find tracking my calories to be the easiest way for me to stay on track. I use the Lose It app and it's I swear I'd have never been able to lose so much without it. Not only does it track calories but Protein, too. It's the only way I can be sure I'm staying within my daily calorie allowance and getting in enough protein. Plus, being as it's on my phone and syncs to my computer, it's really fast and easy to use.

Perhaps something like this can help you? Especially with your busy schedule, this would be a lot easier and quicker than writing everything down.

I agree, I don't think a few days of liquids is the answer. Remember, this is a lifestyle change. I also agree, track what you eat. I personally do it with the old fashion pencil and paper (in a journal, where I write about my day as well.). I keep track of calories, and know from keeping track of Protein in the past that I get plenty.

Typical day:

B- Fiber one and yogurt 160

S- Protein shake 100

L- chicken breast, small sweet potatoe and veggie 300

S- Berries and cheese 250

D- eggs and turkey bacon and asperagus (roasted, I love it with eggs for some reason) 300

S- 1/4 c nuts 150

Total: 1260

Hope this helps

Oh yes, try to fit in some excersise. I walk for 30 min. on an incline (treadmill) about 5 days a week. Feels great and really helps that scale move. You can do it! I know your life is incredibly busy, but you will actually have more energy and be more productive. You are worth it!

Oh yes' date=' try to fit in some excersise. I walk for 30 min. on an incline (treadmill) about 5 days a week. Feels great and really helps that scale move. You can do it! I know your life is incredibly busy, but you will actually have more energy and be more productive. You are worth it![/quote']

Thanks...you are right! What else keeps you motivated ?

I'm 10 months post-op and my weight loss has plateaued also....

I have an appointment for a fill this coming Friday and I'm well over-do for one so I blame myself for that. These past few months have been very stressful, not losing weight.

With virtually no restriction, I'm finding I can eat a lot more food & I haven't been keeping track of my daily food intake.

So this is what I've decided to do.....get the fill, log ALL of my food intake, be vigilant about eating the proper foods & exercising at least 3 days per week, 1-1.5 hours each time. I'm finding that I love cardio!!!

I don't know that I have the right answers, but I'll offer up what I'm going to do. You're not alone in your struggles so know I'll be rooting for you!!!! I hope you find what works best for you ~ Good luck!

I'm 10 months post-op and my weight loss has plateaued also....

I have an appointment for a fill this coming Friday and I'm well over-do for one so I blame myself for that. These past few months have been very stressful' date=' not losing weight.

With virtually no restriction, I'm finding I can eat a lot more food & I haven't been keeping track of my daily food intake.

So this is what I've decided to do.....get the fill, log ALL of my food intake, be vigilant about eating the proper foods & exercising at least 3 days per week, 1-1.5 hours each time. I'm finding that I love cardio!!!

I don't know that I have the right answers, but I'll offer up what I'm going to do. You're not alone in your struggles so know I'll be rooting for you!!!! I hope you find what works best for you ~ Good luck![/quote']

Where do you find the time to plan meals....like what is your typical grocery list?...I need simple, put together foods...

I find it extremely difficult to plan meals! I think that is part of my problem! I'm a police officer, who's married w/ 2 kids & my life is nuts! :-) I don't necessarily have a "typical" grocery list, but I do load up on chicken, fish, veggies, some fruit. With my job, I sometimes have to resort to pre-packaged microwave meals for lunch, but I just try to find the ones w/ the least amount of fat & sugar. I have been trying to limit my sugar intake quite a bit and only sweeten with Truvia instead of Sweet & Low or sugar. I know that with myself, if I get off of a healthy diet, start eating out a lot & snacking, I am doomed! With needing a fill, I have been finding I can eat more at one sitting & am hungry more often....

This fill, I'm hoping, will be what I need to get back on track. I guess we'll see :-D