Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I just got financing earlier this week to have Lap Band surgery and unfortunately it is not enough to cover having it done in my hometown Jacksonville, FL. However, I have read a lot about True Results and I am scheduled to have my first appointment (consultation) over the phone on Monday. I am pretty sure I will be headed to Houston, TX for the surgery since they already verified that they will not need to up the price due to my BMI. The doctor I was going to use here in Jacksonville said that instead of the $10,000 it would be 17,000 since they would not do my surgery in a surgery center vs hospital due to my BMI.

I don't mind going to TX but obviously it would have been easier to do here and I would have 1 year follow up included in my price. Now I will also have to pay for the fills out of pocket. I am still just too excited to dwell on it and I believe that it is all happening this way for a reason.

I am hopeful that when the scope is done it shows a hiatal hernia (sounds bad I know) since it would make a huge different in the self pay price.

OKay... okay... so that is my background and here is my question. When do you generally set a surgery date with True Results. Most of what I have read seams to point towards the surgery date being set up the same day as your first visit/consultation. Was this true for any other self payers with True Results???

I didn't use True Results, however I wanted to make sure you have a doctor to treat and fill back home before getting the surgery. Unfortunately, a lot of doctors won't treat people who travel to be banded. The ones who will usually charge a program fee on top of their fill fee, too.

So, just be sure to establish care back home ahead of time. Coming home with a band and no doctor to care for you would be a nightmare.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for making sure I was aware of that. I did not mention it but yes, I am calling around. I have already seen some post on here that list a doctor in my area that will do the fills but I am checking on everything today and tomorrow.

I am using TR in Houston, they told me the 1 year of follow ups included the fills.

I go on Monday for an EGD to see if my ins. will cover part of the surgery costs if not then I will be paying the $10K.

Also, about the surgery date being set, I could have set it that day, but I didnt. My counselor call me about a week later to see if I was still interested, and we set the date for the EGD and then about an hour later, I called her back and told her to set the date for the surgery, only because I work at a school and we have days coming up after spring break that we will be off for 5 consecutive days and I thought that would be a perfect time to have it done and have time to rest and heal before going back.

I am using TR in Houston, they told me the 1 year of follow ups included the fills.

I go on Monday for an EGD to see if my ins. will cover part of the surgery costs if not then I will be paying the $10K.

Also, about the surgery date being set, I could have set it that day, but I didnt. My counselor call me about a week later to see if I was still interested, and we set the date for the EGD and then about an hour later, I called her back and told her to set the date for the surgery, only because I work at a school and we have days coming up after spring break that we will be off for 5 consecutive days and I thought that would be a perfect time to have it done and have time to rest and heal before going back.

Thanks for the response. That is exactly what I wanted to hear and what I had gathered from other post. It is exciting to know that I will probably have a surgery date come Monday : )

I didn't use True Results, however I wanted to make sure you have a doctor to treat and fill back home before getting the surgery. Unfortunately, a lot of doctors won't treat people who travel to be banded. The ones who will usually charge a program fee on top of their fill fee, too.

So, just be sure to establish care back home ahead of time. Coming home with a band and no doctor to care for you would be a nightmare.

Good luck on your journey!

I just got a hold of a surgery group here in Jacksonville that will do the fills (even for those who had the surgery OOC). They have a program fee of 350.00 and it is just 49.00 for each fill! I am excited because I was thinking it would be more like $150.00 each fill. Either way I have a FSA set up that I plan on using for my aftercare. It has $900.00 in it.

I got banded with TR and it was 1 month between consultation to surgery. They did the EGD one week prior to surgery. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Yes, I had my first consult on February 26th with TR. my surgery date is March 7th, I started my pre op diet today, did my blood work yesterday. It was supper fast, and a little overwhelming, but I'm going with the flow, good luck with everything. :)

I just got a hold of a surgery group here in Jacksonville that will do the fills (even for those who had the surgery OOC). They have a program fee of 350.00 and it is just 49.00 for each fill! I am excited because I was thinking it would be more like $150.00 each fill. Either way I have a FSA set up that I plan on using for my aftercare. It has $900.00 in it.

Oh that's wonderful!!! I'm very happy for you :)