Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fell off the wagon

Hełlo Everyone. Thank God for this site. I was doing so good 2 days ago RESPECTING the band and last night I just plain abused it. It started with a simple "slider-food item". An innocent "low carb" cracker. And it just went down hill after that. I ate the entire bag. And then... I ate some Pizza Crust. No toppings. Just wanted a piece of the crust. Weird. Then, . It got bad enough that I made a special trip to Subway, and got 3 macadamia Cookies. The thing is, through out the entire binge, I knew I was doing wrong. Yet, I continued. I sabotaged all my previous efforts. This morning, I have started on the right foot. Square one. I just hate when I give in to behavior so destructive like last night. A struggle. Shouldn't be. I just wanted to vent and make my confession. . I wish everyone today a wonderful day. Good wishes to all :) Respect the band. That's my new motto.

Hełlo Everyone. Thank God for this site. I was doing so good 2 days ago RESPECTING the band and last night I just plain abused it. It started with a simple "slider-food item". An innocent "low carb" cracker. And it just went down hill after that. I ate the entire bag. And then... I ate some pizza crust. No toppings. Just wanted a piece of the crust. Weird. Then, . It got bad enough that I made a special trip to Subway, and got 3 macadamia Cookies. The thing is, through out the entire binge, I knew I was doing wrong. Yet, I continued. I sabotaged all my previous efforts. This morning, I have started on the right foot. Square one. I just hate when I give in to behavior so destructive like last night. A struggle. Shouldn't be. I just wanted to vent and make my confession. . I wish everyone today a wonderful day. Good wishes to all :) Respect the band. That's my new motto.

Good for you going back on track. No one is ever perfect. Hopefully you got all that out of your system.

Hełlo Everyone. Thank God for this site. I was doing so good 2 days ago RESPECTING the band and last night I just plain abused it. It started with a simple "slider-food item". An innocent "low carb" cracker. And it just went down hill after that. I ate the entire bag. And then... I ate some pizza crust. No toppings. Just wanted a piece of the crust. Weird. Then, . It got bad enough that I made a special trip to Subway, and got 3 macadamia Cookies. The thing is, through out the entire binge, I knew I was doing wrong. Yet, I continued. I sabotaged all my previous efforts. This morning, I have started on the right foot. Square one. I just hate when I give in to behavior so destructive like last night. A struggle. Shouldn't be. I just wanted to vent and make my confession. . I wish everyone today a wonderful day. Good wishes to all :) Respect the band. That's my new motto.

ok, you fell off....shall i banish you from my kingdom now or later??

so get back on and carry on......

You're human. We all make mistakes. Anyone who claims to never mess up or never make a mistake is lying. We're all flawed yet beautiful humans.

You realize where you made your mistake so just go forward. Use it as a learning experience and put it behind you. Today is a new day and a clean slate.

I'm right there with u. Can't get it together to save my life!

I'm not sure you fell off - maybe just had a little bumpy ride! You sound as if you're back on the smooth part of the road now! Now that I've been banded a short time, I think we're a little too hard on ourselves when we have a moment. For most of us, it's going to happen and probably not once, not twice but more times than we want to think about. Everyone no matter what their situation, whether trying to eat better, lose weight, are diabetic or whatever will eat something that is consider not a part of their diet or good for them. It's the nature of the beast and also why some food are considered treats. The problem becomes when treats turn in to regular habits and result in harm. Thin people eat chips, crackers, candy, fried food. Exercise fanatics take a day off. Diabetics eat sweets. It's all about learning control and developing good habits and behaviors. A piece of cake, a burger, a slice of pizza won't kill you. You can always get in some additional exercise, make your next meal a little lighter, etc. Eating the whole cake, burgers every day, an entire pizza is a different story. I'm remind myself over and over that those foods that are so appealing are okay to sample sometimes or even eat, but I don't have to eat as if I will never have the opportunity to eat them again. They will always be there tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. Except of course for Twinkies, SuzyQ's, Cupcakes - who knew that was going to happen?! :o

I find as I get close or near to a weight number that I haven't seen in 30 yrs my brain starts to crave the old me and food thoughts keep coming into my head...it took me awhile to realize that it was my devil part of my brain talking..so I talk out loud to shut up and get a piece of fruit or yogurt and if that puts me over my calorie count for the day its ok cause its not by much. Do you need a fill? think about it empty your house of food you cant eat anymore and make rules that no special trips out of the house for food and put a sign on the door to remind your brain to shut up.

Line-dancer,

Those are things that have saved me too. I really don't have any "bad" food in the house and on days when I am really hungry or just need something I reach for fruit, yogurt, Protein, Protein shake etc. A treat for me is a high Fiber whole grain cracker (WASA Light Rye - 30 calories) with some Laughing Cow cheese or extra fruit in my yogurt! A splurge is if I am making cauliflower mash and I add a spoonful of low fat sour cream and/or a little grated Parmesan cheese or a Weight Watchers Fudge Bar. Oh yeah, that's livin' large for me! No more chips and dip, ice cream sundaes, sub sandwiches, etc. At least now I know I'm not doing any major damage. The funny thing is now when I think something sounds really good and I take a taste - it doesn't taste as good as I remember so it's just not worth the calories to me. I keep wondering if they did something to my taste buds when they put me under for surgery! :D

I have certain things that start a binge...for me it's potatoes or anything made from them. If I eat just one bite it's downhill from there. Maybe keep track of what you ate and what your mood was before the binge. This is how I figured out that I wasn't bindging because of emotions but because my brain goes haywire when I eat certain foods! My emotional binges are very different, I don't eat as many different items, just a lot of 1. Don't beat yourself up over it, try to figure it out! Good luck!

I have certain things that start a binge...for me it's potatoes or anything made from them. If I eat just one bite it's downhill from there. Maybe keep track of what you ate and what your mood was before the binge. This is how I figured out that I wasn't bindging because of emotions but because my brain goes haywire when I eat certain foods! My emotional binges are very different, I don't eat as many different items, just a lot of 1. Don't beat yourself up over it, try to figure it out! Good luck!

Hash Browns....Yuuuummmmmm!

My binge food starts with choc chip Cookies so I don't even buy them lol. It's ok if you have a slip up just brush it off and get back up and start all over again. I was just wondering how in the world you were able to eat all that bread. I would still be hanging my head in the toilet. I can not do bread or any potatoes. Good luck you can do this.

Hash Browns....Yuuuummmmmm!

I also love hash browns...Try tater tots in the oven, baked extra crispy...Yum! Danger food for me...

I also love hash browns...Try tater tots in the oven, baked extra crispy...Yum! Danger food for me...

I blame my kids for my weight gain in the 90's and early 2K. They loved tater tots and of course I always heated up too many. I still love em but haven't had one since my surgery.

On the other hand, I had pizza tonight, very very good pizza. My wife's Bday was today so we allowed ourselves this one treat. No regrets.

Birdie, we all have triggers that cause us to binge. What I did was I kept a food journal. I would log everything I ate, time of day, how I was feeling, what happen during that day and anything else I wanted. This helped me find patterns to my head hunger, once I knew what to look for I could take measures to divert it.

Be proud that you recognized your downfall and you got right back on track. This journey has lots of bumps along the way, you will get through them all.

Good luck to you. You can do this.