Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

failing at the band already

I was banded on the 15th also!! The first week was no problem staying on Clear Liquids then I moved to thicker liquid this has been hard VERY hard but I just keep taking it day by day! I was craving a feel of a crunch...lol and I ate 1 chip and felt pretty guilty. Friday I can have tuna can chicken with light mayo never thought I would be so excited and looking forward to that meal! It's going to be hard and I feel the same way you do I lost 20 pounds during pre-op and the 1st week of post-op and nothing this week. It's hard to not want to lose quick but in the long run it will be worth it!! I wish you the best good luck!!

True! Our tummy has to heal. My doc advised me to do the full liquid diet and gradually to start eating solids. He gave a list of foods I should/ not eat. Do u want it?

Leslie, I don't know if you were asking me or mseven, but I'm supposed to stay on full liquids until next Monday, at which point I can move to blended foods, and then mushy a week later. This full liquids is difficult for me, but other than the small bites of bagel, I'm doing okay with it. It just takes a lot of motivation and I'm hungry and not feeling satisfied. Just a few more days though.

Would you mind sending me the list for some extra ideas. I'd love that. Thanks. reachcindy@plmw.com

Fellow bandsters, we can do this! mseven, just remember how bad you wanted this.

I feel like i can eat anything!? I was banded in the 15th. Ive been giving in to cravings and eating things i should not. I dont feel full at all after i eat.... I feel like im failing at this and need to get a grip. help please

Fail at what??? Nothing has changed yet....other than you have had this device installed....but it has NOT BEEN "TURNED ON" it's just sitting there...idle.....

Like a new car sitting in your driveway, and you're sitting in your house upset it is not speeding down the interstate the way the advertisements said it would.....

Well, MAYBE you have to put gas in it first, then MAYBE you have to "Turn the Key" , start the engine and put it in "Drive"

And above all, this is your first car...MAYBE, like all of us, you have to learn "How to Drive" before you can speed down the interstate....

After my surgery, it took me 4-5 months to get this thing up to speed.....THEN it took me another 1-2 months to learn how to drive it all those crazy high speeds.....LOTS of accidents along the way...but I did not back down.....my friends are skinny and so will I be......

But learn I did...now, like driving a car...I don't even think about what I am doing anymore....even though I'm doing 85mh, it seems "easy and natural......"

And yet, I cannot be careless.....OR ELSE! I'm not totally stupid.....

The 15th...you don't even have your "Learners Permit" yet.......Please, calm down...it's a learning process, learn the basic rules, practice, and eventually you'll be cruising down the interstate with the top down, radio blasting and one hand on the wheel...without a care in the world....Trust me...I'm speaking from EXPERIENCE..not what I have been told or read somewhere....

I am having issues with all the Easter candy but I have resisted

Damn those Cadbury Creme Eggs!

msseven ~ some great advice here...you can turn this around and be a great success, go back to your doctors eating plan and stick to it....you can do it :)

msseven - I feel your pain. I was banded just before you and have the same issues. I have just changed my diet, no carbs, high Protein foods. I do lots of research on the internet for good food choices and then I track everything I eat with my fitness pal. I also downloaded Mapmywalk and use that and walk every single night which helps burn calories and I am feeling great.

I think this is a time to help us learn how to eat better and slowly change our thought processes and relationships toward food. Finding new foods that we like and are better for us...clean foods vs those bad foods. I gave up on breads - not that bread is bad...(well some is for our bodies by what it does. I watched Dr. Oz one day and I was surprise at what whole wheat bread can do to our body when we think it is healthy for us. Anyway off topic.)

Keep up the good work...find other things to do besides eat...which is so much easier said then done - I know.

I also know that we can do this...what is helping me is tracking my food and walking. Although I am in Houston and we have had super nice weather, which is not the case everywhere.

I feel like i can eat anything!? I was banded in the 15th. Ive been giving in to cravings and eating things i should not. I dont feel full at all after i eat.... I feel like im failing at this and need to get a grip. help please

I was banded on the 15th if Feb they explained to me that I am wide open because I have not had a fill so that things can heal and the swelling will go down. I know how u feel I thought I was doing something wrong cause I didn't feel full, but I have been trying to slowly eat how I will when I reach my sweet spot on fills.

I'm also struggling. Today I ate regular foods. I'm starving!

True! Our tummy has to heal. My doc advised me to do the full liquid diet and gradually to start eating solids. He gave a list of foods I should/ not eat. Do u want it?

I would love to have this list Leslie80! I am on day five of full fluids and will be progressing soon. Thanks

I keep a journal too- low tech, just an empty notebook and a pen. It started with just jotting down what I would eat for the day and totaling the calories. It turned into sort of a diary. I write the good, the bad and the ugly. It is really helping.

I keep a journal too- low tech, just an empty notebook and a pen. It started with just jotting down what I would eat for the day and totaling the calories. It turned into sort of a diary. I write the good, the bad and the ugly. It is really helping.

i also do this...

Even though I now log my food on myfitnesspal, I still love my journal. I have all my weekly weighins logged, all my dr appt weights and fills and have put various milestone pics and even tags from my size 4 pants!

You know, I think I overlook the low tech options and then kick myself if I don't use "an app for that". Mental note... Pack a small note pad and pen/pencil in my purse