Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got stuck-was not fun

Today I was out and about and picked up Captain D's seasoned Tilapia with rice, green Beans and slaw, had it this past Sunday no problem, of course Sunday wasn't able to eat it all. Glad I was at home today because about 4 bites into it, BAM, I was stuck, oh the pain, immediately began to PB and thank God too, I was in so much pain. I don't know why I wasn't able to eat it today, maybe the rice? I'm just now introducing rice into my diet since being banded. I did get a fill last Thurs. Needless to say I'm sipping on some hot tea right now since everything came back up anyway. I was looking so forward to that baked fish! :(

Oh no that sucks...especially since that dinner sounds yummy!!

It could be the rice, it could be the veggies, or any combination of them. Being as you just got a fill on Thursday, you're probably still on an eating learning curve. I found the closer I got to the Green Zone and the tighter my band got, the more I had to re-learn how to eat after each fill.

Remember to focus on very small bites, like the size of your fingernail. Pause between bites and don't take another until the last is completely swallowed. Chew your food until it's completely mush.

Hang in there, you'll get the hang of it :)

Missy, thanks, and I think you are right, I was in a hurry, I was especially hungry at the time and shoved it in and was not mindful of what I was doing. The hot tea seemed to help. Yes I will be more careful next time and try and not let myself get so hungry.

Yes, probably the rice. I can eat some, not other. It depends which and when! But, that doesn't stop e from FISH! It is my mainstay now. I eat it most nights. Little else interests me. I have had barbque ribs from chinese, and enjoyed htat. but, I don't eat much meat some chichen. Good luk, might be the fill. karen

I tried and failed with rice a long time ago. I love Captain D's too but almost never ate there because it was so far away. Maybe 2-3 times a year. The last time the fish was a little tough and I had trouble swallowing it. I do like the fried okra though. :)

I tried and failed with rice a long time ago. I love Captain D's too but almost never ate there because it was so far away. Maybe 2-3 times a year. The last time the fish was a little tough and I had trouble swallowing it. I do like the fried okra though. :)

sorry Capt D's is far away from you. My fav is Red Lobster but I've heard them, Olive Garden and Lonhorn are all going bankrupt and will no longer be and I hate that. I do not do Olive Garden anymore but love the other two very much. LIke I said Red Lobster is my fav unless I'm on the Gulf Coast and can get fresh seafood then I'm in Heaven! MMMM, I sure could eat me some fresh grilled Grouper right about now! I know why in world did I have to go there, right?

I have yet to try rice and pork............after reading this, might wait a bit longer........hope you are feeling better.

sorry Capt D's is far away from you. My fav is Red Lobster but I've heard them' date=' Olive Garden and Lonhorn are all going bankrupt and will no longer be and I hate that. I do not do Olive Garden anymore but love the other two very much. LIke I said Red Lobster is my fav unless I'm on the Gulf Coast and can get fresh seafood then I'm in Heaven! MMMM, I sure could eat me some fresh grilled Grouper right about now! I know why in world did I have to go there, right?[/quote']

Lol random addition to the thread but they are actually just now building a Longhorn Steakhouse by my house so hopefully the bankrupt thing is wrong. Olive Garden and Red Lobster are too yummy. :)

Lol random addition to the thread but they are actually just now building a Longhorn Steakhouse by my house so hopefully the bankrupt thing is wrong. Olive Garden and Red Lobster are too yummy. :)

You know I haven't seen that come thru on any news but my brother and his wife live in Nashville and hear all sorts of stuff and told me and my mom since she and I eat at those 2 places frequently, well, Red Lobster at least twice a month. I eat the salmon at Longhorn, love it, I usually split it with my mom. Haven't been brave enough to try steak yet since being banded but am craving a filet, that might be my next venture. yikes...lol Glad to know that you are getting a Longhorn and a new one so maybe the rumor is false and they are all three owned by the same parent company. I don't have them where I live here in Western Kentucky I have to travel over the border into TN about 30 mins to eat there. Going back to the filet, sheesh, I'm hungry now, I think I may go to the grocery tomorrow and buy a couple, I like to bake them in the oven seasoned with garlic salt and pepper and it tastes like a tender roast and one would be enough for myself and my mom to share since I live with her. Yep, sounds like a plan. Ha!

You will always remember the "stuck" feel from now on.

Best wishes

Oh no that sucks...especially since that dinner sounds yummy!!

It could be the rice, it could be the veggies, or any combination of them. Being as you just got a fill on Thursday, you're probably still on an eating learning curve. I found the closer I got to the Green Zone and the tighter my band got, the more I had to re-learn how to eat after each fill.

Remember to focus on very small bites, like the size of your fingernail. Pause between bites and don't take another until the last is completely swallowed. Chew your food until it's completely mush.

Hang in there, you'll get the hang of it :)

Thanks so much for your advice. You're always so helpful! :)

concerning the restaurants closing, I live in Lakeland, Fl. That is where Darden rest started. I, also, have not heard about a closing of the restautants. Maybe some of the local places, but not the chains. I did hear that they had a loss last quarter!

I sure hope they don't close! Thanks for the info.

concerning the restaurants closing' date=' I live in Lakeland, Fl. That is where Darden rest started. I, also, have not heard about a closing of the restautants. Maybe some of the local places, but not the chains. I did hear that they had a loss last quarter![/quote']

Hey neighbor! I live in Wauchula, Fl. Neat to finally see someone close to home. :)

will someone please explain to me what "PB" is ?