Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband is my biggest cheerleader. He is so very proud of me.

Oh yeh, sex got a hell of a lot better, too.

I am lucky enough to have a husband that has loved me when I was 300 lbs and when I was 140 lbs...so no trouble here...like Texas Princess's hubby mine is also my biggest cheerleader :) and our sex life has always been off the charts ;)

Not this marriage!!...if wls can make a marriage fall apart then it's not a very strong marriage in the first place..IMO

Tbh for me yes. My husband although he says he's supportive he doesn't show it. He's a little more insecure with himself. Hes said all I care abt is myself in the middle of a argument. And I told him yes I do care abt myself now. I wanted to be healthy. I did this for me. o The first thing in years I did for myself.

I tried to involve him and the kids in healthy eating and walking with me. It's harder on my son who's 13 and overweight. My husband is also overweight but has no interest in losing his choice. I feel bad mostly for my son who I've tried to get to eat healthier but he's such a picky eater its been impossible to change habits thus far.

Marriage is work just like the band you have mostly good days but theres them days you just wanna give in. For me I just have to remind him I did this to get healthy not find another man.

Not this marriage!!...if wls can make a marriage fall apart then it's not a very strong marriage in the first place..IMO

Agreed. Studies show most marriages end in divorce with or without wls.

What studies????? Maybe if you're having wls because your spouse is a prick about your being overweight, then I could definitely see that kind of marriage failing -- especially once you lose weight and get your confidence back and realize what an ass you married.

However, if you've got a good marriage and a supportive spouse before wls, I think your marriage will be just fine.

My husband has loved me 40 yrs overweight, I don't think its going to change.

At one of my support meetings that fact was disclosed and I like Karen, believe it wasn't strong to begin with. I know a lot of woman who stay with their partner b/c of their weight. Thinking they could never do better. After losing the weight, different story.

I, for one, think that losing weight will only help my marriage. I know the sex will get better...cause I'll feel better about myself. I also know that my self esteem will improve and I won't feel so akward meeting my husband's work friends or just any new people in general. And I also know that losing weight will open up a world of things I would never do now that my husband has showed interest in us doing together, like hiking, bike riding, scuba diving, etc.

No marriage fails simply because of wls. They fail because something else was wrong to begin with.

My husband is my best friend....He married me at age 17 heavy and he has always loved me...and I him....so now were both 54 ..He is happy for me and he sure is proud to show me off.....

I could use some support, encouragement and compliments every now and then, but it just doesn't happen. I don't know what the future holds in my marriage, but at least I'll be healthy.

My husband married me at my thinnest, never complained or showed me less love at my heaviest, and has been supportive and proud during my lap-band journey. I knew the characteristic I needed to see in a man before I married him. Love will get you down the aisle, but support, respect, dedication, and true friendship will be the only thing that keeps it! I've been married for almost 22 years now, there are ups and downs but I've never had to question whether he was going to be standing next to me during the downs!

My marriage was the same as before. My husband, also, was my biggest cheerleader and is very proud of me!

But, I too know perosnally of 2 ladies who have split with hubbies after wls. Both, had marriges that were previously rocky!

I wanted to add, that in both the marriages spoke about above, the ladies involved got more self confident and if they previously were afraid, they no longer were after they lost weight!