Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods that cause problems

I thought it would be interesting to know the types of foods that give others problems. For me personally I can not eat any type of sandwich, the odd part is I can eat bread just fine but put something between it and it doesn't go down. Other foods that my doc said may cause problems I can eat without issue. I also find the order that I eat my food plays a part in digestion. If I eat my Protein first I don't seem to have problems but if I start with something else and go back to the meat it doesn't go down as well.

For me, no food is a problem as long as I follow the rules. Dry chicken can be problematic if I eat too big or too fast but if I eat a tiny bit, chew to mush and wait a minute between bites, all is well. But, why live like that? So I seldom ever have to eat foods like this unless I happen to be eating out and get stuck with Shitty food like this.

For me, following the rules all the time is a problem. I seem to be easily distracted. TV, conversations, extremely hungry can all cause me to eat too much too fast.

Grapes, of all things. I just can't seem to chew them enough. And peeling the apple is imperative, apple peels get stuck on me every time. But I am fine with rice, and Pasta, and even asparagus.

Sometimes I have problems with scrammbled eggs. It helps if I whisk them with skim milk, but lately my band does not like them. Per my doctor I dont eat Pasta, rice or popcorn. I sometimes take a taste of bread but do not eat much. I agree that I dont eat any dry meats and I cook almost all my meals . I am going to Outback for dinner and hope to try the seared tuna appetizer. I am excited because I do not go out to eat often.

I love quinoa!

Dry meat is the only thing to really give me problems. If meat is really dry, it's not going to go down without a lot of discomfort. Whenever I cook at home this isn't a problem but a few times while dining out I've been served chicken that was just too dry to eat.

Sandwiches I do ok with so long as it's not really fluffy bread, like Subway. I don't even think it's the bread so much as it's just too much food and too hard to take small enough bite. A lot of time if I have a sandwich, I'll have it on toast or flatbread and eat it with a fork to control my bites more easily.

Chicken!

baby carrots at times, snow peas even when I destring them. Other than that, not much that I really recall. I do stay away from dry meats just not to risk it. Usually if I get something stuck it is because I was eating too fast and too big of bites.

I hadn't had any food issues until I had my last fill and now I just cannot handle corn tortillas. They hurt going down no matter how much I chew. So far that has been my only food that causes problems, but I just won't have them anymore.

Oh, yes...carrots too. Cooked are fine, raw are sticky. I am a vegetarian, so I don't have to worry about meat, and so far all the Beans and legumes go down just fine.

Dry meat. Dense meat like steak or pork chops. Dried apricots

Then there are some foods that were a problem in the early stages that I can eat OK now. Sweetcorn, mushrooms,

First, I can eat anything, given enough time and patience, but some foods are just too risky and quite frankly not worth it......Pizza.....have not had it in over 2 years....

I used to eat an entire large pie all by myself in one seating.....plus a few beers....

Now, it would take me 20 minutes to get through one slice and still be risky....and for what? What is the good in pizza? Why blow my portion size on something risky and not good for me in the first place?

Back to point, I no longer eat Red meat..intentionally...don't mind if it's in chili or Soups, etc,

bread and all things doughy....pasta, donuts, etc, ....Rice, oranges, certain veggies, french fries or anything deep fried, to name just a few.....

Also, it's worth noting, things that are not band friendly for me, are not good for me in the first place.....

I have problems with breads and most meats. And depends on my day what i can tolerate. In the morning i cannott eat anything so i just stick to liquids

Any citrus, no matter how much I chew, it comes back up. I hat that because I know I need the Vitamin C

Daily I try to eat the "right and healthy" foods for health and nutrition.

I can eat any meats as long as its small bites and I chew, chew, chew.

However, if its meat that is re-heated, OH BOY, it gets stuck.

I work a job when I leave I'm usually gone 48+ hours. Sometimes this is a real challenge when it comes to packing food for my trip.

18 months out of surgery I pack 2 yogurts, 2 Protein shakes, 2 cups of tuna, 2 cans of Progresso Light Soup, some raw veggies, 2-4 sticks of cheese, a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, some roasted chicken or grilled tilapia.

I rarely eat all of this food but I would rather have it than not and have to rely on fast food.

Cakey stuff and breads are an issue.. Sometimes I even have a problem with liquids that are too thick, like a smoothie or even a V8... In these cases.. Sip sip sip instead of chew chew chew... Lol.

My biggest issue is getting distracted while eating or rushing... Then I have to do a hard extraction....

I am convinced eggs are evil. Sometimes no problems then other times holy hell!