Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a new member with concerns

i just had a lap band in on mar 30. i have discomfort and can feel the band and ports. do u get used to it.

Yup, you'll get used to it. You're still in the very early stages of healing. Every day gets better. Just take it easy, don't lift anything over 10 pounds and if the dicomfort increases or doesn't go away, see your Dr about it.

Grats on getting banded and Welcome to LBT!

thANkyou for replying back , i have been lifting and going up stairs alot since i am moving.Lots of boxes to bring up. i would say 20 -30 pounds. if i feel discomfort i make sure i don't do anything. i just want to get unpacked and get things done.

is it the band i am feeling on the left side under breast area? I am worried about the band slipping and when i feel discomfort i think that.

Hi and congrats on your banding. Sounds as if you are really overdoing things, especially with the lifting. I certainly understand your wanting to get things settled, but remember to take care of yourself first or you could really put yourself in bed, the last place you want to be when you've got so much to do.

I doubt that the stairs are a major concern, but the lifting is. Yes you are probably feeling the area on your left side more because of the band and the surgery, not to mention the port. I don't believe that lifting can cause slippage, but you are still healing, it was surgery and you have sutures(stitches) inside that you may be straining and irritating.

Hope you can slow down a bit and enjoy coming to the boards. There are a lot of nice, supportive people here and I think you will find it most enjoyable.

Welcome:D

Cindy

Geesh girl. You shouldn't be lifting that stuff yet. You could tear a stitch around your port or band. Now I'm concerned. Are you in pain or is this just a continued discomfort from surgery? Is it getting better since surgery? Or has it worsened since you've been lifting those boxes?

My port is just under my ribs on the right side, but Dr's put them in different places. Your stomach is under your ribcage on the left side and the band is probably pretty close to your breastplate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches