Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who here has been banded for at least 2 years and has had NO complications?

Will be 5 years in August. No complications! Love my band! Also follow what my doc has told me. Yes nobody is perfect no matter what they may want you to think and yea I have strayed on certain days. For the most part I've stayed on course though with what they have told me.

I am 4 yrs out and the only problems I had were getting in the zone . Not the green zone just getting my head in the right place. No problems with the band.

I've had my band for 4.5 years and no complications. No lasting weight loss though.

I have been banded for two years and four months with no complications.

I am over 2 yrs banded with no complications and like other longer term bandsters we tend to drift away but do visit back again sometimes !

Me too. (nearly 3 years banded)

Love reading others stories! I am 3 1/2 years out. Karen

I'm going into my 7th year and no issues at all.. I'm actually below goal.

I still get weighed in every month with my family doctor.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt Loss: 156 lbs

I am coming up on my 4 year anniversary next month.

I have had no complications...except for gaining back 26 lbs with evening Snacks and little exercise the last 3 years.

i am 2 years out now and haven't had any really bad problems the only thing is i do get stuck sometimes and had 1 unfill and one slight unfill but I am working on getting back on track so the weight can keep coming off

Hello! I've been banded for almost 4 1/2 years now with no complications.

That's not to say that my port doesn't rub me the wrong way now that there is not a whole lot of fat to cushion it anymore! I still have moments when I have to vomit. It's still a lot of hard work and struggles at times, but I have had a smooth ride with my band.

Almost 3 years for me....No complications until now!! Band suddenly got super tight along with reflux at night...getting an unfill May 9th...if it doesn't get rid of my problems...Upper GI will be next to rule out a slippage! I love my band and I can't imagine not having it....I have not gained any weight...I Have lost more than half of my beginning weight...whoohoo!!

hi,

i was banded 6 years ago and havent had any problems except ones i caused (ie. not chewing enough; eating too fast; having my restriction too tight.)

i havent had a fill for 2 years but i still have restriction which i'm happy.

the only issue i'm dealing with now is the head hunger and i am going to beat this.....

while i was losing my weight, i came on the site alot and stayed away from the negativity. the site seems to be more positive now. back then there were alot of trouble makers and what i call "princess sharp-tongues" ha!

but i dont think i wouldve been as successful as i have been without information i received on here. i found both my lapband doctor and my plastic surgeon on here and am thrilled....

anyway i am really happy i have my band....

First I would like to thank you for this thread. This is something that has been weighing heavily on my mind. My surgeon left the area two years ago and after two years with no follow-up, I found a doctor who, don't get me wrong, so far he seems to be a wonderful doctor but he has very little faith in the Lap Band. Though I am a band veteran I was required to attend his webinar and he kept talking about he low success rate and high rate of complications and I have been sweatin' it every since. When I finally met him, he appeared to be quite surprised at my success with no complications but maintains that I am an anomaly.

His view seems to be that the amount of tightening required to reach a normal weight will eventually create complications.

I am 5 years out and have been normal weight for more than four years. No complications just the typical adjustments.

Well there's tons of anomalies on this forum then, I wish doctors wouldn't make such sweeping statements, I am only 7mls in a 14 cc band so half way really and I lost all my weight with that level of fill .. sorry but I think sometimes they concentrate on the more profit ridden operations like the sleeve and bypass and promote them accordingly, I am glad u managed to get another to do your fills, but no reason listen to his doom and gloom over the band :) there is still plenty of doctors that don't think the way he does ...

Success relies so heavily on the individual compliance. I can't stand stats for that reason. Stats will show low success rates but they never mention if it was due to legit complications or if it was non compliance by the patient.