Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People who are at or near goal

I have a question. When you reached your goal or u were less than 20 pounds away.... Was it hard to get that last bit off? I have changed up my workouts and im staying away from too many carbs but i was curious on how others mànaged to get the rest of their weight off?

Sent from my iPod touch using LapBandTalk

I lost 83 pounds my first year. I just had my 2 year anniversary and I am down another 19. Once I hit 100 down last summer I bounced up and down the same 3 pounds, until it was 7 that I gained! I have been trying to stay around 1,000 calories a day for the last 2 weeks and have lost all that I gained and an additional pound.

I am within 5lbs of my goal. When I got within 15lbs of it the weight loss slowed down. Seems like the less of you there is, the harder you have to work physically to burn as many calories. I am doing longer and more varied workouts. I've signed up for a 5k in April so that's my new goal I'm working towards. The remaining few lbs are slowly coming off, but I also notice the shape of my body changing to become more toned/muscular. Might not hurt to try some new foods and recipes too!

I have not been at this very long but the maintenance stage is almost more daunting to me than the losing stage. Would love to hear how others have done it successfully.

I am at my docs goal. The last bit was SLOW! I would like to lose another 10 pounds, but I have been maintaining instead.

My lowest weight was about 50 - 51kg but over the last year I have gained 4kg. It is a lot harder when you are at goal, especially if you are a small person. Your BMR is much lower and it is hard to only eat the amount of calories needed to maintain.

I have finally got off my ass and started exercising , something I didn't have to do to lose initially, and I have also got a fitbit. I try to log what i am eating on MFP and stay under my goal set by Fitbit but I am still not losing.Hoping to get this excess weight back off soon.

Thank u for the responses! It always seem to make me feel better when I hear how others are doing and makes me realize im not alone!!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using LapBandTalk

Im down to my last 15 lbs and its coming off painfully slow but as long as its going down, thats all i care about

I have between 8-10 to goal which is 154. I am having the hardest time.

But I have to add, I'm trying different things...downhill skiing at least 3-5 times per month, hot yoga ( just tried it once lost two pounds if Water weight!!!). I just started body combat and body pump, need to be more consistent I guess. I've started Jacob's ladder at gym too. Not losing but I feel great and clothes fit better.

I’m down to 11 pounds to hit my goal and it’s been stale for the last 37 days. Just so happens I stopped running in that time as well because it’s cold as a MoFo for me in the AM! hahah

I’m in no rush to shed these last few pounds and hit my goal. Mar 1st Ill start working out again and they will drop fast, even if I need to get another fill. No big.

I have found that maintaining 200 is much easier than I thought it would be. I’ve been at 200 for what seems like months without trying too much which makes me think the last 11 to 189 is going to be pretty easy (knock on wood) when I start trying again.

As I got closer to goal the weight loss slowed down. Being at goal has not changed my eating, fill or exercise. My doctor told me that my body will just settle at a weight that it wants. We'll see, been at goal for a couple of months now.

Yes, I lost around 100 pounds then stalled for a year or so. I was fine with that didn't stress about it and spent that time learning the art of maintenance. There finally came a point when I felt ready to pick it back up kick the last 20 pounds and I when I was ready it happened. I have maintained my goal weight almost 2 years now.

Do you ever watch The BIggest Loser? Luv that show! The first week, the contestants always lose 10-30 lbs. Then as they get smaller, the weight starts coming off slower and slower and slower. When the (especially women) are under 200, they start tapering off alot. It's so much harder to lose that last 20. The first 100 are easier! Except it's more daunting to say you have to lose more than 100 lbs!

Last year I was within 9 lbs of my goal of 135 and had a slip, which I then gained 24 lbs in the past year. I'm starting to lose again (thru Atkins- which isn't really pleasant). I've lost 11 lbs in the past 3 weeks. So I'm still about 20 lbs from goal and I don't anticipate losing it really fast! And last year, when I was only 9 lbs from goal, I still felt really fat (had to wear a shawl with my sleeveless wedding dress cuz of my back fat!) so I may have to alter my goal when I get to 135. Just can't imagine gowing lower than that. I think I was BORN weighing more than that!

You have to be patient. It WILL come off eventually!

Marci