Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is nutrisystem band friendly

I have a question, has anyone tried Nutrisystem since being banded. I 1 and 1/2 years out and costco has a sale going right now so I was thinking about trying it. Any imput would be appreciate. thank you all

I don't know a lot about nutri system, but if you eat only banded portions it is not clear what another diet on top of that would do for you?

Thank you for the feed back. I did try it once a few years pre-band days and it worked. But back then I ate allot more and the portions were too small for me. Im thinking now since I cant eat as much it may help.

Appeciate you taking the time to respond.

Terri

Will you get in your required amount of Protein?

Thats a great question, I will check that on their web site. thank you

I know that my son-in-law, also tried it for awhile. He ate 2 of everything because he was super hungry. he lsot some weight. But, since he had lapband he has done much better and isn't super hungry anymore. but, I can't answer the questions of if it would be good for us. Why don't you try one of the frozen meals they are less expensive. Best wishes!Karen

I actually do eat lean cuisene but since its on sale for $79.99 thats $20.00 a week which covers Breakfast lunch and dinner. which we all know we cant always eat 3 full means so it would actually last longer.

I don't know a lot about nutri system' date=' but if you eat only banded portions it is not clear what another diet on top of that would do for you?[/quote']

This is what I wonder when I see so many bandsters join Weight watchers.... Lol.

I go to jenny Craig each week to weigh in and set goals but I do not eat their foods. I try to stay away from processed foods.

Isn't Jenny Craig expensive?

I am completely unfilled and do ok with Nutrisystem but a lot of their breakfasts are very dense breads. Even unfilled I cannot eat their honey wheat bagel. Maybe try he custom one where you select things you know you can eat.

Isn't Jenny Craig expensive?

I had bought some kind of premium package long time ago. I do not pay anything. Again I do not eat their foods but they giver me awesome support. It is a place I can be accountable to,and meet with someone to make weekly goals.

Awesome. Was just wondering. I had a friend who tried it, but she did eat the foods. She said it was very pricy.

It's between you and your band....there are foods that i can and choose to no longer eat....many of these quick dinnrs like Lean cusine, etc, conatin things that are not band frindly for me....foods I chose to ignore long ago and has since become second nature to do so....even if they are low cal, low carb, they don't agree with me or my band.

Also, I was once on "Diet" very similar to the Nutri-system...where I would go every week, get weighed, counseled, pay my $ and come home with a weeks worth of food in prepared portions.....

I would have all the weeks food finished in 2 days......then go and eat whatever I wanted for thr rest of the week....

So that is why I had Weight Loss Surgery.....

It was not so much WHAT I was eating, it was the fact I was eating so much! The band took care of that for me....unable to overeat now no matter how hard I try.......

Ok, when I was on Nutrisystem I remember it being very high in carbohydrates. I also hated the taste of most of the food because it reminded me of MRE's in the field...or like canned processed food in bags. To be honest, I liked the taste of Jenny Craig food better, but it is processed and pricey. I lost weight with both but was miserable on Nutrisystem because I HATED the food. If you do decide to get pre-made food, may I suggest South Beach frozen meals? They are basically lean cuisines without the Pasta or rice or potatoes so the carbs are better for you. It's important to up the Protein and lower carbs with any WLS so I really don't think Nutrisystem would be good. Lots of cereals, and chip type stuff.....besides the yucky entree's.