Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I burp now.

I am 41 years old and my entire adult life has yielded approximately 1 small burp per year.

It is a family joke - when I irk one out I hear "whoa - was that the yearly burp?!"

I recently had a fill that was too tight. I had it corrected, but since then I am a burping machine!! Sometimes more than once a day!

Did anyone else notice a change like this?

Embarrassed to say but I have gas and not in the form of a burp! Gas X has become a friend of mine now. I've never really been like this before. Maybe after certain foods but now its 24/7. It's one side effect of the lap band I DO NOT LIKE.

Well, I have always been a strong "contender" in that area - you know, like big burly truck driver as my husband compares it.

But this burping thing is way new. I guess gas is gas and if yours has increased one way, mine could increase another. I am just surprised it took 3 years and a too-tight fill. It is like something got rattled, LOL.

Luuluu, have you been banded long and how long were you too tight? Probably nothing but I burped excessively and when I had it checked out (upper GI) I had slipped big time.

Chris your symptoms will subside eventually...I hope anyway lol...mine did.

Luuluu we must have both posted at the same time....I would ask to have an upper GI especially if you haven't had one since the surgery. My center now requires an Upper GI once a year. Better safe than sorry.

Hey Dfav - long time! I've been banded 3 years...just had an upper GI a couple of months ago. Everything was a-ok. That doesn't mean something couldn't have happened with this last fill / unfill but I am not in any pain or having any different food happenings. I did mention it to the surgeon and he did not seem phased at all.

Just the attractive belching. They are still little "urps" but for someone that NEVER did it before - it is quite the change.

I am 41 years old and my entire adult life has yielded approximately 1 small burp per year.

It is a family joke - when I irk one out I hear "whoa - was that the yearly burp?!"

I recently had a fill that was too tight. I had it corrected' date=' but since then I am a burping machine!! Sometimes more than once a day!

Did anyone else notice a change like this?[/quote']

Yes lol.

IM MY OWN MOTIVATION