Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does restriction feel like for you?

Question? What does restriction feel like for you? How do you know when you've reached restriction? Scare that I won't know when I've reached it? Help?

The band is supposed to allow you to feel satisfied on less food for longer periods of time. So, because I can easily go 4-5 hours on a cup of food without hunger, I know my band is exactly at the right level.

Here's a link that might help: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Have not gotten there yet. I have an eleven cc band and had another cc injected today bringing the total band volume to 9cc. I am on liquids for 24 hours after a fill so I will know tomorrow if feeling restriction. Hope so!

This was a great question b/c I asked myself this everyday.lol

I know its to stay satisfied for 4-5 hr between meals, but in my case sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't . Someday's I wake up tight and can't eat until 11am and other days I wake up hungry and stay hungery all day.

I always make sure I get my 60gr of Protein in before anything else.

I just plan on telling Dr this same story and go by what he thinks, thats what I pay him for.lol

I started to fill restriction on my 3rd fill. I have 6cc in my 14band. This is a very great question! As of right now I am satisfied where I am. I can still eat anything with no problem. I chew chew and take smaller bites, ( still working on the bite size ) but now I notice I get to my satisfied stop quicker now. I don't feel anything physically stop me from anything. I just feel satisfied for 4hrs. I start to hiccup or sigh and I stop and I am good. Sometimes I feel slightly full, but not bad at all.

This is a great question. How much food do you eat when you are in the right spot? That's what I'm wondering. I have 7cc on a 14cc band. I still feel like I can eat too much and unfortunately I still do that sometimes.

As a general rule, if you're hungry within 4 hrs, you need a fill.

Having said that, I was too tight for a long time and most of my calories were from liquids, Soups, soft foods...etc. During that time, I was hungry after a couple of hours (only because I was not eating solid foods like I should). I kept thinking that I needed more saline in my band... So it can be tricky.

As a general rule, if you're hungry within 4 hrs, you need a fill.

Having said that, I was too tight for a long time and most of my calories were from liquids, Soups, soft foods...etc. During that time, I was hungry after a couple of hours (only because I was not eating solid foods like I should). I kept thinking that I needed more saline in my band... So it can be tricky.

Thanks! That was easy to understand.

Great question. I get it! I live in Alabama and lately the climate has been messing with my band. Sometimes I can't eat anything at all until after 11 or 12 a.m.. Then all of a sudden I can eat way too much! What is the deal! I feel like I could go insane! I think I still need a fill. I am at 9 cc in my 14 cc band. I still have to work on and figure out this new life... I just am very thankful for this wonderful site. I wouldn't know what to do with out all you wonderful people/family. :) love you all.

For me, restriction feels like not being able to guzzle or shovel. And it is different every day. Some days I am tight, other days I am not and there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Some foods that work one day, don't work the next.

The only thing that is consistent is that morning is tight. Every morning, without fail. I drink my Breakfast or have to reheat a scrambled egg during the HOUR it takes for me to eat it, LOL.

You'll know. Just take small bites because it could change and you don't want to find out after you've already eaten too much.

For me, it was being able to eat a variety of healthy foods ( dense Protein, veggies, salad) 1/2 to 1 cup total and not getting hungry for 4-5 hours, if then. I often forget o eat, even with an empty band and I'm a bit tight.

The band is supposed to allow you to feel satisfied on less food for longer periods of time. So' date=' because I can easily go 4-5 hours on a cup of food without hunger, I know my band is exactly at the right level.

Here's a link that might help: http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html[/quote']

Wow just read this and excellent information.

Yes excellent info. I've only had my first fill and have my second next week. Can't wait to get in the green zone and start losing again because right now I am at a standstill.

Great question. I get it! I live in Alabama and lately the climate has been messing with my band. Sometimes I can't eat anything at all until after 11 or 12 a.m.. Then all of a sudden I can eat way too much! What is the deal! I feel like I could go insane! I think I still need a fill. I am at 9 cc in my 14 cc band. I still have to work on and figure out this new life... I just am very thankful for this wonderful site. I wouldn't know what to do with out all you wonderful people/family. :) love you all.

I am glad it is not just me! I live in Alabama too and it is the same way. On cold days I feel tighter and hot days not so much. Does the weather affect the band? I love the way I feel in the mornings. I get up a 5am and can't eat anything until about 9am. I try to drink in the hours before I do eat. I can't wait until I have restriction all day.