Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthy Sweet?

I am sure their is no such a thing, but I am craving something ferce. I am wanting a piece of cake or cookie - something like that. I know better than to bake anything for home because the leftovers would be here for days. I just want a taste.

Have any of you found a yummy tasty sweet treat that doesn't damage your weight loss?

I ordered Calcium chews online and they really curb my sweet tooth. Bariatric Advantage is the maker and they are sold on Amazon. I really like the caramel but they also come in lemon, chocolate, and raspberry.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

The Jell-O sugar free Dulce De Leche pudding is AMAZING. 60 calories per pudding cup.

I love dulce de lechwe but it's too sweet for me!

Frozen yogurt - fat free Greek yogurt, sweetener of choice and some coco powder (baking kind)

Or

Frozen banana, coco powder or even coco Protein mix and a tiny bit of milk in a food processor. It's like ice cream!

The frozen yogurt one you mix together and put in the freezer for 30 mins. Sorry forgot to mention that part!

Skinny Cow makes some simply amazing candies and Cookies. They come in little packages and are usually around 130-160 calories. When I'm truly craving something sweet, it's what I go for.

Oddly, there's some shockingly good sweet cereals that won't blow your diet, either. Sometimes I have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. 3/4 cup of it is only 120 calories.

Sometimes when I want a little treat I have GoLean Crunch (dry)1c is 190 cal, but it has 9gr of Protein. I usually am happy with 1/2 c and eat it right out of measuring cup.

I find that most of the time when I am having a Fierce craving the only thing that satisfies is the thing I am craving. I allow myself a small portion of it and I track it.

I find that most of the time when I am having a Fierce craving the only thing that satisfies is the thing I am craving. I allow myself a small portion of it and I track it.

I am the exact same way. If it's a serious unrelenting craving, I'm much better off having a small piece of chocolate and tracking it than grazing on everything in sight trying to appease the craving. It's better to have a little of something "bad" than over-eat on "good" things sometimes.

ok, here i am again, the odd ball of the bunch

when i want something sweet, i drink me a Protein Shake (chocolate is my fave)

or have a Protein Bar (i see that as a (candy) bar....

I ate a small slice (1 in by 1in) of my Dad's B-day cake today. My mom wanted to send some home with us, but I told her no, send it home with my brother, he has 6 kids at home, they will polish it off tonight. I am determined to stay on track, but during the craving time I really have a hard time.

I ate a small slice (1 in by 1in) of my Dad's B-day cake today. My mom wanted to send some home with us, but I told her no, send it home with my brother, he has 6 kids at home, they will polish it off tonight. I am determined to stay on track, but during the craving time I really have a hard time.

I honestly believe little indulgences like the small piece of your dad's birthday cake, are important. If we feel deprived there's no way we're going to be able to stick to this lifestyle. I say have the little piece of cake, enjoy it, and move on. You handled it beautifully because you had your slice and declined to take any home, now you're back to life as usual.

I actually had a yummy cake for my birthday in June. I had a slice, each of my kids had a slice, and before I went to bed that same night I threw the entire rest of the cake in the trash. I knew that there was nothing wrong with enjoying one piece, but I also knew if that cake hung around for days one piece would easily turn into half a cake.

One thing I like to eat is the individual cups of ice cream... Comes in a bag of chocolate and vanilla cups from Walmart and are 3oz per cup and 100 calories and 13 carbs. I don't like the taste of sugar free or no sugar added ice cream and have found these individual cups to be so helpful at limiting my serving.