Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 days post op and feel miserable. I have horrible gas pains and have not had a BM in 4 days! :( I have this constant burp feeling but nothing comes out. I can't even pass gas through my bottom even if I wanted to! I've been walking, taking gasx, drinking Miralax and prune juice. Nothing seems to be working! My husband has even been trying to burp me like a baby since most of my pain is in my back!

Drink a tablespoon if milk of magnesia. It really helped me. My dr recommended a tbsp everyday till you have a bm or diarrhea. Im 4 days post op. My gas pain is getting better but I have that "needing to burp" feeling too. My back hurts and in stuff in my neck. I feel like I need a chiropractor. But the MOM did make the gas pain better. Hope it helps you

I'm 3 days post op and feel miserable. I have horrible gas pains and have not had a BM in 4 days! :( I have this constant burp feeling but nothing comes out. I can't even pass gas through my bottom even if I wanted to! I've been walking' date=' taking gasx, drinking Miralax and prune juice. Nothing seems to be working! My husband has even been trying to burp me like a baby since most of my pain is in my back![/quote']

Leesha is right. I felt the exact same way a few days ago (3 days post surgery). My doc told me to start with watered down prune juice, but I think that made it soooo much worse. I made my boyfriend get Milk of Magnesia and Miralax. I started with the MOM and it worked within hours. No cramping, just a bit of rumbling and I instantly felt better after I released the trapped gas. Feel better.

This is the one time in life being lactose intolerant is a pleasant thing :) fortunately glass of milk often does the trick!

I'm 5 weeks out. My nutritionist said that I could take stool softener a or laxatives but prefers I drink Water. I usually eat high Fiber oatmeal for Breakfast a few times a week and drink lots of water. Keeps me regular. No more Constipation. Before I had lap band, I got hooked on laxatives. For about 2 weeks when I was trying to lose weight for my wedding. I was so constipated afterwards that I haven't taken a laxative or stool softener since! That was a year ago. I never want to feel that pain again. When you rely on laxatives and stool softeners, your natural colon cleansing process can shut down and it can take quite a while to get it to function again without them. I don't like medication, so I much prefer nature. :) Good luck all!

Help! So I drank some laxative tea 2 days ago and now my BM faucet will not stop running!!! Lol I am only 3 days post banding so what can I eat to tighten my body back up? The acid is killing me.

Help! So I drank some laxative tea 2 days ago and now my BM faucet will not stop running!!! Lol I am only 3 days post banding so what can I eat to tighten my body back up? The acid is killing me.

Hi Ms Sharon - I suspect you wont be able to eat much 3 days out. I recommend following your doctors post op recovery instructions.

If you are experiencing extreme discomfort, cant hurt calling your surgeons office, explain whats happening, what you've taken and get their advice.

My concern is the two may have nothing to do with each other - i've never heard of the back end causing acid reflux. Best of luck :)

I def feel your pain...I havent had a BM since the day before surgery (1/23) and i feel gross. Ive been taking the gas x strips and they help a little with gas, but other than that I havent yet taken anything. During pre op visits the doc recommended Benefiber, but apparantly it was taken off the shelves so Im not sure what to have in its place. I bought the Mucinex clear and natural but am a little scared its not the right thing and will change texture after i drink it and give me more pain. My mom (she is a few weeks pre op) said her doc recommended a suppository to get a BM going...doesnt sound like the most pleasant thing but I might just have to suck it up and go that route. Does the MOM cause really bad cramping? I have to be at work 9-7 all week and would hate to take it and be in pain while im stuck at work.

I just took MOM last night. It was working within hours, literally. No cramping at all. Just stay close to the bathroom :blink: for about the next 8-10 hours. Good Luck. BTW I feel SO much better.

8-10 hours?! Oh geez, I think i may have to wait till friday after work then cause theres no way I can be running to the bathroom for a BM at work (im really weird about using public restrooms for anything but pee).

Me too :wacko: . I am hoping I will be good through class today. Its a two hour class and a 45 minute drive both ways. I am a bit nervous but I am thinking it may be out of my system by now.

I took 4 tsps last night about 5:00 and it was working by 7:00.

Best Wishes

I had my surgery on January 25 2013. I used a $2.00 saline fleet enema to get things going. The pain medications given to you during surgery, in recovery and for post op pain are opiates. They cause Constipation. I had this same problem when I broke my leg and with my gallbladder.

I tried the MOM thing and some gas tabs. My tummy sounds like a construction zone now :) I will try something to tighten it up throughout the day. Seems that dehydration is hanging around too.

I have taken MOM the past 2 night & nothing. I hope the dr can give me some advice Thurs.