Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lap band tuesday. how do I shower?

How do I shower ? I had the lap band tuesday

i showered the moment i got home

faced away from shower (and kept incisions dry)

bless your heart so new :)

I showered in the hospital, the day after my surgery. I was told it was ok to get Water on the steri-strips. The only precaution I was told to take was to make sure to pat dry the incision sites, rather than "scrubbing" with a towel to dry. By the way, for me, it took about two weeks for the steri-strips to fall off.

I was also told I could shower as long as I kept the incisions dry! I was paranoid at first and put the huge waterproof band aids over the incisions. It took me 2 days to realize I could just turn my back to the shower! LOL.....Carolinagirl, you would be the quick learner, I apparently am quite slow! LOL...I wish I could blame it on pain meds, but I wasn't on any!

I was also told I could shower as long as I kept the incisions dry! I was paranoid at first and put the huge waterproof band aids over the incisions. It took me 2 days to realize I could just turn my back to the shower! LOL.....Carolinagirl, you would be the quick learner, I apparently am quite slow! LOL...I wish I could blame it on pain meds, but I wasn't on any!

my secret... hubby helped

2 days you crazy thing LOL rub a dub dub

I took a shower that night, same day surgery, but I had glue on my incisions, just was told to pat dry instead of scrubbing dry like above posts. It felt good to shower but boy was I sore, could hardly bend over and just wait till you have shave your legs, oh my goodness, talk about pain in the port area, lol. Like CG said rub a dub dub. Enjoy your shower.

I had my surgery on a Monday and when the nurse called to check on me (not sure if it was Tuesday or Wednesday, I was on drugs) he told me to remove the bandages and that I could shower - no special instructions. Since I was still pretty sore and swollen, I knew not to scrub my tummy. Like someone else said it took about 2 weeks for the steri-strips to come off. I wasn't long before I decided to soak in the tub and boy did that feel good!

I couldnt get up my stairs for 2 days without excruciating pain, so I just sponge bathed and bought waterless Shampoo.< /p>

I had glue and showered the next day. Only got the incisions wet briefly and patted them dry. No problems.

Same way you always shower, just dry the streristrips and don't scrub the area of your incisions hard.

How do I shower ? I had the lap band tuesday

I was allowed to shower the next day. Check with your dr to see if he suggests something else

You turn it on and stand under the Water, lol.

Only joking, but I remember being hauled out of bed and into a shower the morning after my Caesar. If you can shower that, you don't need to worry about a few lap incisions. Just be gentle.

My shower has a shower wand and you can point it anywhere on your body and control the spray. Not an issue for me. Turn away from the spray. A bit of Water wont hurt the incisions. Just don't touch them with bare fingers. Dont want them to get infected.

You will be fine to shower as others have said, just make sure your incisions are really dry if you don't have Water proof tape over then. I used to use my dryer to be certain those areas were perfectly dry.

Your discharge instructions might have this info...we don't know if you had open or lap surgery, glue, staples, stitches, etc...best to ask your doctors office.