Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cc's is your band?

While at my doctor's office today, I decided to ask how many cc's my band holds. She told me that I have a 14cc band, but, that they have never filled a band over 10cc. Is there anyone out there that has didn't hit the "green zone" until they got over 10cc's? I'm a little nervous about this since I'm already at 8.6cc's. Help!

I've got a 14cc band and like you, I am at 8.6 in it now. I'm really, really close to proper fill. Does your DR do your fills using flouro? Do you feel restriction now?

I don't think it matters that you are already at 8.6. It may take a very little more for you to hit your "green zone". Don't be nervous about things you can't predict or control. It only causes stress on our bodies that we don't need. If your doctor has never had to fill past 10cc's with any other patients, and you have 4cc's passsed that available, you should be comfortable everything will be fine! Good luck, and stop worrying yourself!

I've got a 14cc band and like you, I am at 8.6 in it now. I'm really, really close to proper fill. Does your DR do your fills using flouro? Do you feel restriction now?

I just got a fill today so I'm on Protein Shakes till tomorrow, but, so far I feel the same.

I have 7cc in a 14 cc band and go back tomorrow for my 2nd fill (surgery I had 3cc's, 2 weeks ago he put in 4cc's). He said after this next fill, which I am assuming will be 3-4 cc's, he said I should be close to the green zone. I am really hoping that is true because I am starving so often!

I just got a fill today so I'm on Protein shakes till tomorrow, but, so far I feel the same.

I should have asked if you felt any restriction prior to this last fill? Also, does your doctor use a fluoroscope while performing fills?

I should have asked if you felt any restriction prior to this last fill? Also, does your doctor use a fluoroscope while performing fills?

No restriction at all prior to this fill. My dr doesn't use a fluoroscope. I am definitely going to ask them about on my next visit.

Thats my suggestion.... my insurance (Aetna) covers it. I HIGHLY recommend it. I wish everybody had that option. From my experience, its very helpful.

I had lap band surgery in April 2012; I have an AP Large Lap Band that will hold 14 cc; my band currently has 9 and I am NOT in "Green Zone"

I did ask my surgeon what happens when I get near 14 and still do not have restriction and his exact words were "that never happens"

~ Good luck on your journey ~

Hello I was banded on 10/7/11 and only lost 55lbs I have a 11cc band with 9cc in and still not in green zone. I try to be patient and the surgeon say I just need to workout more and I feel like I want to be in the green zone and maybe I will workout more. I didn't get a surgery for him to tell me how I feel. What should I do help

Hello I was banded on 10/7/11 and only lost 55lbs I have a 11cc band with 9cc in and still not in green zone. I try to be patient and the surgeon say I just need to workout more and I feel like I want to be in the green zone and maybe I will workout more. I didn't get a surgery for him to tell me how I feel. What should I do help

When was your last fill?

I had lap band surgery in April 2012; I have an AP Large Lap Band that will hold 14 cc; my band currently has 9 and I am NOT in "Green Zone"

I did ask my surgeon what happens when I get near 14 and still do not have restriction and his exact words were "that never happens"

~ Good luck on your journey ~

That makes me feel better!

I have 3cc in my band I'm in need for another fill

I have 10cc in my 14cc band. I'm in the green zone. I've thought many times I was in the zone, only to find a few months later i needed another fill. I've lost 111 pounds since May 2011. Keep at it, dont get discouraged and dont be afraid to ask for a fill when you need it. You will learn the signs!