Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight :/

I had my first fill exactly a week ago. I currently have 4.5cc, I have no restriction. I eat way to much, I'm always hungry & I'm not losing any weight. I work out 5 tomes a week, cardio and toning. I feel like I'm gaining and it's very discouraging. Any advice!? What's going on?

It takes most people multiple fills before they have adequate Fluid in their band to control hunger. Being as you've only had one, it's not surprising you're still very hungry. It's rough, a lot of us refer to it as "bandster hell" because you don't even feel like you have a band yet.

The best advice I can give you is too stick to a cup or less of food and track your calories. It's important you stick to band sized portions anyway, but counting calories is how you can make sure you're not consuming more calories than you burn. It will get easier once you have had a couple fills, but it is definitely possible to lose weight even before you're in the Green Zone.

Be patient. It will come.

I have only had one fill also- I go for my second fill tomorrow and yes, i totally kow how you feel. My doctors office says three 4 oz meals no snacking... well guess what- I snack!- not like i did pre-band, but i do snack. I am so hungry after 2 hours that I have to do something besides gnaw my arm off. I know it takes time and fills and disipline and I hope to find the sweet spot soon. I track my calories on myfitnesspal and try to keep under 1200. If you are not eating enough calories your body can go into starvation mode and hold onto fat instead of buring it.

missy was 100% correct (and yes i dont have any fills but i am responding)

patience is key here...in all aspects of any WLS...let the band work..it may take time but it will get there..

I have only had one fill also- I go for my second fill tomorrow and yes' date=' i totally kow how you feel. My doctors office says three 4 oz meals no snacking... well guess what- I snack!- not like i did pre-band, but i do snack. I am so hungry after 2 hours that I have to do something besides gnaw my arm off. I know it takes time and fills and disipline and I hope to find the sweet spot soon. I track my calories on myfitnesspal and try to keep under 1200. If you are not eating enough calories your body can go into starvation mode and hold onto fat instead of buring it.[/quote']

Girl i know what you mean. Same here. That is funny about your arm.lol. i am post op dec18 and go for my fill jan 30. I too snack. But i do count my calories and keep track of my carbs. A work in progress.

I am now at 7cc on 10cc band I'm still not losing weight, gained 3lbs. I'm giving up.

I am now at 7cc on 10cc band I'm still not losing weight' date=' gained 3lbs. I'm giving up.[/quote']

Don't give up! I posted that I gave up and went on to lose my final 15. Get another fill. When you're really in the green zone, it just falls off. I went for 6 months not quite at green zone and not losing any weight. Once you're there, it's awesome! You can do this! I was a rule breaker and I'm now at my goal weight.

I am now at 7cc on 10cc band I'm still not losing weight' date=' gained 3lbs. I'm giving up.[/quote']

Don't give up!! We are all here to support you through this ! Look at WHATyour eating! no sliders ( foods that slide right through the band and may also be high calorie) ice cream, pudding, mashed potatoes, sweets. You can do this. It takes a few months and fills to hit that green zone and you will. And you will know when you are there. Watch your carbs as well, eat your Protein first. Good luck to you...you can do this !

Don't give up!! I had 6 fills before I got to the green zone. I have 7.2 in my 10cc band and I'm losing consistently. It's coming off at a rate of about 1.5lbs a week, but as long as its coming off I don't care. It took me almost six months after surgery to get to the green zone. Being patient is difficult but trust that if you listen to your dr it will work.

I've had five fills and finally getting close. It takes time and coming off S-L-O-W, but I just keep telling myself it's only the beginning of the journey. Be patient, it will come. I used MyFitnessPal to track calories.

Drink lots of water!