Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach growling after fills

Hi friends! Hope someone can help me here. I've had 2 fills and both times I've had horrible gas. I'm also having issues with my stomach growling all day. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I make it stop? Ugh! Not sure if its digestion or hunger. I'm currently eating mushy foods.

Really? Do you feel hungry too? Or is that just me?

This is a relief to hear. I'm almost 7 months out and my band is at a 6. I don't want it any tighter and I feel good restriction but sometimes I still feel hungry. I am realizing though that this is manageable and most of the time that hunger feeling is only when my stomach growls. Maybe this is just normal? I don't think the band makes us never feel hungry again... I think it helps us determine what real hunger is and to make sure we meet that need and nothing more. Don't worry, it will take awhile to get to the green zone. Just keep to the rules and you will find success. Best of luck to you!

Banded 12/21. My stomach growls all the time and makes other rumbling noises. Even drinking Water makes my stomach growl...even though I just ate an hour ago! I don't mind it. However, in the first couple of weeks I kept thinking I was hungry...because we associate a growling stomach with hunger. But I realized there is no way I'm hungry when I've just eaten...I don't even feel hungry. And it does pass. So I chalk it off to digestion and try to roll with it.

I think a lot of us (myself included!) have to learn that just because your stomach is growling doesn't mean you're hungry. After being banded, we hear our stomachs growling and talking and immediately our brains go "Oh, I'm hungry!" But, a lot of the time if we take the time to really think about how we're feeling, we realize we're actually not hungry at all. It's difficult to retrain your mind and the way it reacts to the growling but it's necessary after being banded. A growling stomach simply doesn't always mean hunger anymore once you have the Lap Band.

I'm a year post surgery so I've had considerable time to learn this, it wasn't easy in the beginning though. Now, I'd say I'm actually hungry only 20% of the time my stomach is growling and talking.

It's likely because your stomach is irritated and swollen from the fill.

However' date=' I have to admit, my stomach is pretty dang noisy all the time since being banded.[/quote']

Omg all my tummy has done is rumble since being banded. I am so embarrassed to go out. What can I do? The only thing I have been told is, from my boyfriend, tell ppl its not your fault. Try to have your insides played with and see how the feel. Lol

I hate dislike the rumbling feeling!

frist fill today doing well only got 1 cc very small start but ok with me growling yes but have not eaten today only protien shakes for 24 hours and Water and liquids