Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From 433 to 187 pounds - I'm less than half the woman I used to be!

You are an inspiration to me and a great lap band success story. I was looking at gastric bypass patients to be the only ones who had to lose over 300 pounds but you show me that if I go with lap band that I can still lose all my pounds. Thank You. I wish you luck on you excess skin journey.

Thank you for the inspiration. Tomorrow is one year for me. Started at 437 and down to 248. Losing at a slower rate but I am still motivated and believe I can reach goal. I continue to focus on Protein, Water and low carb. Trying to get inspired for exercise.

Edited by Futureplans

Question do people gain the weight back because they are eating regular or it just comes back does the exercise stop ??

Wow wow wow!! All these success stories!! I can't wait!! I THINK I might be 199 on the morning :D

Congrats!!

Very powerful post

Cathy thanks so much for sharing that it's truly inspiring.

I'm in the preop test mode and there are days my mind is doing tricks on me trying to discourage me but it's not going to happen especially when I read post like your. God Bless

Sent from my Bat Phone using the BariatricPal App

Update: I've had a lot of difficulty with my band over the last year or more. I've had acid reflux pretty bad and had to have all my fill removed for a while. I'm getting more put back in, but unfortunately the band isn't working as well for me anymore. I just got another fill to get me back to a fairly restrictive setting and I'm hoping that this will help. But, my weight is up to 246 lbs. I'm alarmed and definitely don't want to go back to being morbildly obese, but I'm already back to having to shop in the Plus section again. I switched medical insurance to Kaiser almost a year ago, and my new doctor says that they have found that the band stops working so well after a number of years for many people. If I can't get my weight back under control I may convert to a sleeve or gastric bypass, which would have to be done in two separate procedures. I really don't want two more surgeries so I am pulling out all the stops now. In addition to getting my band tightened, I am trying acupuncture and hypnosis (not all at the same time though!)