Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That horrible feeling is called restriction.

OMG, girl. I seriously laughed out loud when I read that sentence. "That horrible feeling is called restriction."

Anyway, I had restriction at one point. And, it did feel bad. And I thought it wasn't supposed to be like that, so I had my nurse give me quite a bit unfill. I've had two baby fills since then. And, I've come to realize that being able to eat all foods in whatever quantity I want just isn't right. I've also come to realize that preemptively eating a larger meal than I'm supposed to so I won't get hungry 2.5 hours later is definitely not right.

Can you tell me' date=' at the 4 month period after your 4th fill, how far filled up was your band and how many ccs does your band hold? I'm trying to figure out what the average sweet spot is for a 10cc band. I know it varies, but there has to be an average...at least mathematically speaking.

Thanks!

-Hilary[/quote']

There is no avg. And how many cc are in your band isn't important.

There is no avg. And how many cc are in your band isn't important.

Mathematically there is an average. Yes, I understand that every one is different. And average may not be the sweet spot for me. But, I want to know about where people are in their 10 cc bands when they hit the sweet spot. To me this is both valuable information and a curiosity.

Mathematically there is an average. Yes' date=' I understand that every one is different. And average may not be the sweet spot for me. But, I want to know about where people are in their 10 cc bands when they hit the sweet spot. To me this is both valuable information and a curiosity.[/quote']

I don't have a 10cc band , mine is 14cc but my surgeon told me the average is about 9cc in my size band. I've been at 8cc for about four months now and in greenzone so I'm a bit under the average for my size band.

"Think of it as you need to teach your body to be skinny."

Love that!!

I don't have a 10cc band , mine is 14cc but my surgeon told me the average is about 9cc in my size band. I've been at 8cc for about four months now and in greenzone so I'm a bit under the average for my size band.

Thanks! That is good to know! :)

I also think you are not in the green zone. I am definitely restricted, and it took me a loooong time to get there. I love my band so much now that it is working. Keep getting your fills. Once you are close, even .1 cc could get you there! My last fill was only .25 cc's. I am now at 8.75 in an 11 cc band, and I don't plan on having another fill anytime soon. There are only a few things I can't eat, like dense bread (pizza crust, pancakes) I also don't eat apple skins or anything that can't be chewed to almost nothing. Everything else is fine, eggs, salad, toast, etc... I know I'm in the green zone because I wouldn't want to be any looser, or any tighter.

You'll get there!

OMG this thread has been so awesome! It has expanded my viewpoint on how the band works and definitely redefined the term "restriction" for me. I was only banded on the 20th, but already I have noticed that the same things I used to get cravings for do not affect me now. I can see something that I would devour and it will smell so good but I have zero desire to actually eat that food.

Good thing I am pre-emptively reading this before I get frustrated when I start to feel hungry!

OMG this thread has been so awesome! It has expanded my viewpoint on how the band works and definitely redefined the term "restriction" for me. I was only banded on the 20th, but already I have noticed that the same things I used to get cravings for do not affect me now. I can see something that I would devour and it will smell so good but I have zero desire to actually eat that food.

Good thing I am pre-emptively reading this before I get frustrated when I start to feel hungry!

Whoa! You were banded 4 days ago? Right now you should definitely stick to the post-op diet. The farther along you get, the head hunger might come back. But, for now, enjoy that nice tight just banded feeling! I hope your recovery is going well! :-)

Yes ma'am! I have been following my post op directions to the letter. I was referring to how I would react around food pre surgery. Recovery has been great so far! :)

Feeling stuck isn't a good thing!! I have had my band since 07 and I just went back because for the past few years I would have days I could eat and somedays where Nothing would stay down. My second home was my bathroom! I freaked in 2011 when the dr wanted to take my Fluid out so I left. I went the other day and he said I was at 7cc and took me down to 6.5cc. Believe it or not that little bit has made a huge difference. No vomiting so far! You would think all those yrs I would be skinny! I stayed the same weight because my body thought it was starving and would hold onto whatever I got past my band. Measuring is sooo important! If you over eat you are just stretching out the stomach on top of the band. If measuring and the three meals don't make you satisfied you might need an adjustment. I can't remember what it's like to feel full. Full now means I'm satisfied. I sometimes have to step away from the table and tell myself if I'm still hungry in 20mim I can eat another piece. Everyone has struggles! Don't let people fool ya! This is something that takes work. You can either work with it or against it. You already paid the money and you have it! would I have changed my mind now at 30 about getting mine..absolutely! Cant cry over it just have to do it!! You can do it too! The rules are really important and being at the right adjustment. Go back to your doctor if you have to and explain to him what's going on and your concerns. I'm sure your doctor can help you better than any of us! I'm glad I went back this week to my doctor. Don't loose hope!!