Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I really banded?

I know- crazy question. I was banded on 12/19/12 and I often ask myself if I am really banded. I know it sounds strange but I have not had a fill so I don't have much restriction. To quote some of you, I am going off of want power right now. I feel like I can eat a larger portion than what is on my plate. I feel like I get hungry a lot quicker than I used to. I don't have a problem getting anything down, or have the symptoms most of you have with your banded lifestyles. I actually told my husband that I really don't feel any different. Is it just me? I am slowly losing and I don't have a problem with that. I am happy to be losing at all. I cut my calories/portions back in October so I have been losing since before I was banded. I am scheduled for a fill on Feb. 5th. Hopefully then I will feel like there is a tool inside me and not just my want to lose. Thank you for listening to me vent.

i remember feeling like that at one time. your not alone with that and to be honest even after my first fill i was thinking are you kidding me this thing is never going to work for me. but my doctors office took it really slow by 1cc only at each fill. so it took me until about 6cc to really notice difference and now im at a 7.5cc in a 14cc band. dont worry it takes time then it takes time to figure it out how it works and what works for you to lose. im a little over 2 years post op and im down 128 pounds and counting :) weight lose with the band is slow but steady so you are going to have lots of patience hang in there soon you will fill banded :)

I'm glad you're sticking with your allot portions. Keep up the great job your doing. It does take a lot of want power.

I hope you have good restriction on your first fill, some ppl do and some don't, it might take a few fills.

My Dr does promise me the band will start to help me, when we get the restriction I need. I have 1 fill at 3cc, not there yet,lol.

Hang tight, we'll get there!

You are not alone. I felt the exact same way, Felt as if I didn't have anything inside and it was just me doing the diet grind once again. But it is band hell, something so many have to endure until the tool starts to work its wonder. I didn't feel much difference till my 3rd fill which I had last weds. Each fill they gave me 2cc. I am at 6 now inside my 14band NOW! I am all giddy and excited because NOW.. I finally feel as if something is here to help me. I eat pretty regular with some small changes so far,, and it helps to keep portion to a minimum. I get so excited! You will get there, not worry :) Good luck .. it's gonna be great! ;)

Anyone else ever wonder why we didn't know about bandster hell before surgery? I had the exact same experience as most of you. I was starving the first 2 months and felt like I could eat anything. I really believed I would have the surgery and bingo, the band would start kicking ass! HA! Joke was on me. But, 3rd fill and my journey took off. It took me 6 to get to the green zone but it was worth it. I learned how to eat healthy in that time. I always liked veggies, but now I love them. I crave broccoli and asparagus and salads. Before surgery, I would always opt for the steak. Now, it's salmon. We had stuffed peppers tonight. A year ago, I'd never had one. They looked disgusting. Now, I love em. tmf

Thats awesome Mr fun :) I to love veggies and I really thank god for that! I still love my steak, I do choose the leaner ones and smaller oz's. Asparagus, is my new best friend as of late. lol.

Thats awesome Mr fun :) I to love veggies and I really thank god for that! I still love my steak, I do choose the leaner ones and smaller oz's. Asparagus, is my new best friend as of late. lol.

OMG you dont know how happy I am to hear you say you still eat steak. I LOVE veggies. I actually love healthy food. I just got in this huge lazy habit of just making easy really bad for you foods. One of the things I was mourning was steak though. I thought for sure I would never eat another one. I have no problems giving up bread but I was really sad about the steak lol. Ok I can look forward to that a few months down the road.

I agree with 2muchfun. Wish we had known it takes a whole for everything to kick in. Just had 4th fill and have hit a fairly good amount of restriction. I remember a few months ago feeling the same way, that I didn't have a band. But trust me it does kick in and work. Just takes time and to be honest I'm glad it is gradual otherwise we would really be in hell. Best of luck it doesn't get better.

I know- crazy question. I was banded on 12/19/12 and I often ask myself if I am really banded. I know it sounds strange but I have not had a fill so I don't have much restriction. To quote some of you' date=' I am going off of want power right now. I feel like I can eat a larger portion than what is on my plate. I feel like I get hungry a lot quicker than I used to. I don't have a problem getting anything down, or have the symptoms most of you have with your banded lifestyles. I actually told my husband that I really don't feel any different. Is it just me? I am slowly losing and I don't have a problem with that. I am happy to be losing at all. I cut my calories/portions back in October so I have been losing since before I was banded. I am scheduled for a fill on Feb. 5th. Hopefully then I will feel like there is a tool inside me and not just my want to lose. Thank you for listening to me vent.[/quote']

Morning. I am glad to hear this. I am so glad to be reading this. I thought it was me because I am exactly the same way. I thought maybe i too did not have a band because I thought I could eat anything....... and always hungry but I still followed the rules.

I am post op December 18, 2012. I have no restriction @ all and I too felt like I could eat more than was on my little saucer plate:). So it is not me. I had a small fill during surgery but shoot I could not tell if I did. I will get my regular fill jan 30. Since it is not just me then. Guess this is how it works. I felt like I was going through all of this for nothing i honestly felt like i was just cut on and that was it but it seems like it was no band there. I was even starting...... to regret doing this.

Then I read Natural comment and I SEE IT IS NOT JUST ME IT IS ALL PART OF THE JOURNEY WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH. SO THEN I WILL WAIT PATIENTLY.)

I have seen the dreaded 'Bandster Hell' since I have been on this forum and I alway assumed it was either TE person dealing with head hunger or just the fact you are hungry in general. I never imagined it was you can be hungry and you CAN still eat. I assumed once again, the pouch would be formed and you automatically began to limit your intake as the band itself (even with no fill) is there. Kinda like cutting off your circulation if something is too tight around your finger. I even asked my hubby if he thought I was in a placebo group. LOL

i remember feeling like that at one time. your not alone with that and to be honest even after my first fill i was thinking are you kidding me this thing is never going to work for me. but my doctors office took it really slow by 1cc only at each fill. so it took me until about 6cc to really notice difference and now im at a 7.5cc in a 14cc band. dont worry it takes time then it takes time to figure it out how it works and what works for you to lose. im a little over 2 years post op and im down 128 pounds and counting :) weight lose with the band is slow but steady so you are going to have lots of patience hang in there soon you will fill banded :)

Thanks Hynita, I got my first fill today and I dnt fill No restrictions. Day of surgery Dr. Put 4cc in which today they add 1cc. Working with 5cc........

So u really help.....

I know- crazy question. I was banded on 12/19/12 and I often ask myself if I am really banded. I know it sounds strange but I have not had a fill so I don't have much restriction. To quote some of you' date=' I am going off of want power right now. I feel like I can eat a larger portion than what is on my plate. I feel like I get hungry a lot quicker than I used to. I don't have a problem getting anything down, or have the symptoms most of you have with your banded lifestyles. I actually told my husband that I really don't feel any different. Is it just me? I am slowly losing and I don't have a problem with that. I am happy to be losing at all. I cut my calories/portions back in October so I have been losing since before I was banded. I am scheduled for a fill on Feb. 5th. Hopefully then I will feel like there is a tool inside me and not just my want to lose. Thank you for listening to me vent.[/quote']

Not crazy at all. I was and still feel the same way. I was still hunger and even with a fill on yesterday... So nothing is to crazy and that is what we are her for to vent.....

I have seen the dreaded 'Bandster Hell' since I have been on this forum and I alway assumed it was either TE person dealing with head hunger or just the fact you are hungry in general. I never imagined it was you can be hungry and you CAN still eat. I assumed once again' date=' the pouch would be formed and you automatically began to limit your intake as the band itself (even with no fill) is there. Kinda like cutting off your circulation if something is too tight around your finger. I even asked my hubby if he thought I was in a placebo group. LOL[/quote']

Lmao the placebo group!!!

I am 2 mos out and have been trying to weigh and measure-all the dreaded diet stuff. I went into this so happy and eager to do everything just Right. I am only down 28 pounds but most was first month only 2 in last month. I have 2 fills but still don't feel like I have a band. Yesterday I was able to eat a hotdog w/ mustard with no problems besides guilt afterwards. I can still eat anything. My willpower is fading fast. I am going to see if I can get another fill next week even though my last one was jan 17. I do feel some better reading your posts though. I don't really have anyone to talk to. I know I have to do the work and not rely on the band but I just need a little help from it. I am deciding now to go back to protien drinks for a few days and get back on track. Going to start exercising at least every other day. My weight right now is 267.4. I want to keep posting here so you all can help me. I really needed your posts to help me get going again even though u didn't know it! Thank You!!

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who is having trouble. I have been trying to be good but it is getting harder and harder. I keep trying to tell myself to focus on the bigger picture. Is it just me but it seems there are a lot of posts here recently from people who did not have success with the band. My sister's friend did not have luck and converted to the sleeve. I told my husband that I would love to lose more, and I will lose more, but right now I am going to enjoy this 40 pounds I lost since the beginning of this process. It's already like having a new lease in life. I have set my first mini goal that is doable but I am not setting a timeframe. I am fine with the gradual loss. I thank you all for sharing your stories. They help me know I ambit alone. :)