Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I'm banded......

Yep, it happened yesterday at Trinity Med Center in Plano by Dr. Veninga.

Lemme see: I'm sore. Good drugs, no overt pain. I'd lost 16 lbs on the Optifast two-weeks prior to the surgery. I lost my job the DAY I started the OptiFast, but my partner and I decided that this was too important to blow off, so we elected to continue insurance coverage.

I won't "get a fill" until 6 weeks from yesterday. I'm using OptiFast as my Protein Drink and am patiently waiting for the soreness to subside.

Stevemitchell

Started two weeks ago @ 367 lbs, and now am at 348 (mostly Water loss), with 175 to go.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on your successful surgery and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the job. For now, concentrate on healing and getting in the required amounts of Protein. I look forward to you sharing your successes and 19 pounds is an excellent start.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on your new band - and for having a supportive partner! I'm in the DFW area too but I was banded in Mexico - can you say 'self-pay'? :-)

Good luck on your weight loss journey and since you've got some free time, hang out on LBT with us and keep us posted about your recovery, etc.

Congrats on becoming a bandster. Can't wait to join you and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Welcome to Bandland. I'm glad you're doing well after surgery. I see that we share the same doctor. He and his staff are wonderful. Don't hesitate to call Barbara if you have any questions. This board is also a great source of information. We're glad that you've joined us. Take it easy and let your body heal. Hopefully by the time your recovered, the right job will come along. Good luck!

Steve ~ Congratulations on your new band!!! Fantastic job on your weight loss so far. :clap2: You know, I still have some Optifast left from last year and was going to use it, but someone here at LBT (will have to look that one up) said it didn't have enough Protein. I better double check that b/c it would be a tremendous help if I could use those instead of buying new Protein shakes. They don't expire until June or July. Did your doc approve of the Optifast shakes? Maybe I'll add that to my list of questions. Anyway, I apologize b/c I didn't mean to hi-jack. :phanvan

I wish you the VERY best and a QUICK recovery!!

Good for you! I'm glad you could afford the COBRA payments. They can be so high! Just take it easy for a few days. The soreness at the port site will last the longest.

Hey folks, thanks for the outpouring of support. I appreciate it.

Did your doc approve of the Optifast shakes?
Barbara said I needed 64 grams of Protein a day and said the Opti would be fine.

I'm glad you could afford the COBRA payments. They can be so high!
Fortunately for me, I worked for a very large company and the Cobras are only $283 a month.

Doc said I had a lot of fat around my liver and he had to move it around alot, and it's starting to hurt alot tonight. A quick snort (15 ml) of Hydrocodone, and I'm off to la-la land. Thanks again all.

steve

YEAH....glad to hear that. I will be sure to ask my surgeon since they are all different, but it's good info to know!! Most of my shakes are in the fridge and speak to me every time I open the door. :uwelcome:

I hate to keep asking questions, but I'm preband......is the Hydrocodone a nasal spray? I've heard of the liquid. Interesting. :rolleyes

...A quick snort (15 ml) of Hydrocodone, and I'm off to la-la land....
Oh not at all. I was using the reference to a brandy snifter. It's liquid all right.

I've realized that what I was feeling last night was the "REAL" post-op" pain. Not very pleasant, but after 13 hours in bed, it's very tolerable again.

Steve