Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has been super successful?

Who has had great weight loss with the band? What does your diet look like every day? I need some sample meal/snack plans...

I got to a bmi of 21 - but my diet looks normal, I eat bread, rice, Pasta, sugar, everything in moderation. It's portion size that matters. I don't count,weigh or measure, just tried to restore food to its rightful place. I eat three meals no Snacks apart from an occasional glass of wine after dinner.

I do run 10km several times a week, do spin classes and strength training three times a week.

It took a bit over 2 years to lose about 100lb.

Sorry, it's not sexy, there's no magic trick nd it wasn't fast. But very doable and easy to maintain.

i think if someone has lost 25 pounds or over 100 or more or somewhere in between, that is a success story...what is a success is eating better foods, becoming more mobile and living life...this is what being a success means to me.

i read on here of people stopping medications that they were on because of their weight or being able to walk again (me for example) and that to me again screams success.

there is no dieting *or shouldnt be* with having a band. you eat foods in smaller amounts....the band will help with that (esp after fills) but you def have to change your mind set from i cant this and i cant that to yes i CAN and from i need will power to i have WANT power.

want to lose weight bad enough to actually do something about it. and when you make up your mind to do that, that is success to me.

Success is realtive. I am 6 months out and have lost 50 lbs, there are others who are 6 months out and have lost 80, yet I still feel successful.

My goal is to eat and excercise in a way that I can continue through out life.

Excercise routine is- Elliptical or walk 4-5 time a week for 30 min to 1 hour, total gym weight training 2 - 3 days a week.

Food-

Breakfast: Slim Fast High Protien shake or greek yougurt with blueberries and flax seed or weight control oatmeal with berries and cinnamon added or an egg with 1 slice of whole grain toast or special K Cereal with 2% milk (I can't do the same thing each day)

Lunch: WW Smart Ones meal, left over dinner (see dinner), taco from Moe's Southwest Grill, Small Chili from Wendy's

Dinner: Homemade chicken potpie (lots of veggies), Veggie Fritata, spagetti and meat balls (use spagetti squash and turkey meatballs), baked chicken with veggies

This is just a cross section of what I do, I am not one of those people who can eat the same thing day after day I have to switch it up.

I have been banded 25 Months and lost 220 lbs. I hit that mark 2 months ago. I am currently maintaining.

During the losing stage I ate 3 meals per day of:

3 oz of protien like meat, fish, pork, eggs, cottage cheese or chicken

1/2 c vegtable (any kind) or salad

1/4 c starch like potato, 1 slice wheat bread, 4-5 crackers or rice etc

I usualy ate 2 Snacks. One in the mid morning like fruit and the other at night like 1 c of popcorn or a sugar free pudding or ice cream bar.

My calorie limit for any day was 1000, I drank 64 oz of Water daily and took a multi Vitamin.

Hi I'm 14 months in 123lbs gone...only filled to 3....currently have a slip which will be adjusted Thursday.... I'm so happy with my decision to have it done....just hoping no more slips....

Hi I'm 14 months in 123lbs gone...only filled to 3....currently have a slip which will be adjusted Thursday.... I'm so happy with my decision to have it done....just hoping no more slips....

I am getting my band on Thursday (yay me), do you know what caused your slip?

I think any loss is a success. Whether it's a 20 pound loss or a 200 pound loss, both are outstanding and just a step closer towards better health.

I've lost about 175 pounds in 1 year. I'm still losing and hope to be at goal by this fall, but even if I'm not I'm ok with that too. I know I'll get there eventually.

• I eat 1000-1200 calories a day
  • I don't restrict carbs
  • I eat at least 60g of Protein daily
  • I limit fat to 25% or less of my daily calories
  • I never eat more than a cup of food per meal

@bar no idea....doc said said 5% of people with band have slip.....he said I lost a lot of weight pretty fast with only 3 CC.... so I'm hoping its the first and only time for this...

Everyone on here is successful because they are trying to do something to make them healthier. We don't compare.

How will they fix the slip? What were the warning signs?

Having it surgically repositioned.... lots of vomiting nothing was staying down not even Water

I am 7 weeks post op and have lost 22 since. That is a success. But my biggest success is that I have put away my CPAP machine! That itself is SUPER SUCCESSFUL to me! My hubby says I'm not even snoring a little.

Hi I have been super successful. I find that u just need to find resources to help u acheive ur goals... I cut out my Pasta potatoes, basically all the white foods as they call them including bread, I have incorporated very small amounts when I cant resist. I have not had a slip although ive had one tight fill that I needed to lower my cc amount. When I feel stuck I put my arm across the frame of my chest and hold my arm then switch. Ive also bounced in place. If some foods arent holding down I go back to Soups. And sometimes I cant tolerate chicken. Just dont give up on trying to eat it again when u feel up to it. I have lost over 73 lbs ive reached goal at 133 but im also 5ft. 0.8 inches. I also do zumba. I feel that this was the best choice for me. And I wish u alk the best of luck on ur journey. U can ask me anything and ill try to answer and get back to u as quickly as I can. I was banded 12/19/11 and I saw big changes at 3 mths and 6...